Week Two - It Was Hell !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
So, I'm just coming up to the end of my second week without a cigarette and I have to say this has been a real challenge.

The "e-Health" V9 cig-alike starter kit I started with became useless after the first few days, and a 510-T kit arrived just in time to save my sanity. I've been using it for about 10 days but the lack of good smoke production and short battery life has been almost unbearable. It may be sacrilegious to say this, but there were a few times I longed for the simplicity of a real tobacco cigarette. I'm finding that the 280mAh batteries produce just enough smoke on the first few draws after recharging, then it all tastes pretty bland.

I found myself sleeping long hours and feeling like rubbish when I woke. If it hadn't been for a varied supply of Swedish Snus I don't think I would have made it this far. The last couple of days I've had the distinct taste of burnt lungs and blood in my mouth at least part of each day. On the other hand my heart rate has been much calmer, lung pain has almost gone completely, and the usual brain fog is slowly lifting. All these improvements are what keep me going.

Early next week the latest round of hardware I ordered should be arriving. Funny that I've gone through two complete evolutions of hardware already and now patiently await rounds three and four. There's an 1100mAh eGo kit with an extra two pass-through batteries, and a Lavatube Lambo V2 mod with four 4200mAh batteries due to hit the mailbox any time now. Also a heap of 3.5ml 510-compatible tanks and a Li-Ion charger for the 18650 batteries.

My sister-in-law started at the same time and her V9 batteries completely died a few days ago, so I gave her all of mine to keep her going until she has money for something better. She's looking at the 510-T now, wish I could convince her to get something better but being a much lighter smoker maybe it will be enough.

Financially I know this is the right way to go. In another two weeks I will have broken even and then I'll be able to save money at an alarming rate. In fact the bank account is already looking better and I have a huge supply of e-juice, enough to keep me going for 9-12 months at the current rate of usage.

In summary, my advice for those who are struggling is to hang in there and vape on!

Last edited:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I think you will be extremely surprised at how pleasant your vaping will be once you get your new stuff. I started with the V9 and although they got me off the analogs, I grew very weary of charging batteries continously, carrying several batteries around with me, and the weakness and drop off of umph in my vape that happened very soon upon a freshly charged battery. I'm sorry you have such a miserable 2 weeks. Let us know how you enjoy your new purchases and if you are feeling better and vaping becomes finally enjoyable for you! :) Best of Luck!

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I was in the same boat, within a week I was tired of 808s and moved on to ego650s, then 1000s, then twists, then a lavatube, all in 2 months. Settled in with a provari, and decided DIY was a good idea, then RBAs...FINALLY think I'm about ready to work on this whole idea of vaping being cheaper than smoking. I doubt it'll last more than a couple months since it has become quite the hobby for me

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
Hi recidivus,

Still can't see the appeal of rebuildables. The very idea of cleaning that wick between flavours drives me nuts. Instead I bought 10 cheap dual-atty tanks that I plan to load with different flavours to minimize the effort. OTOH if I finally discover that elusive "all-day vape" it may be an option.

And regardless of the hobby status, it would take buying a shipload of stuff to equal what I was paying at Aussie prices - 60 a day was costing me $32.35 over here towards the end.

filter

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
California
It may be sacrilegious to say this, but there were a few times I longed for the simplicity of a real tobacco cigarette.

not at all, most ppl on here would tell you to continue to smoke along with vaping if you need to. its not always an overnight fix for a years long addiction. ive been vaping for a few months and i still smoke a cig every couple of weeks. they kinda help since you realize how gross they are.

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
Well, if everything else fails I could always get one of these:

didgeridoo.jpg

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
As others have said, it's all in the equipment you use. A crummy setup will give crummy results. I personally can get NO satisfaction from an Ego C and I assume a 510-T would be equally as bad if not worse.

and yet, there are people who quit smoking by using just whatever was available at Walmart. And they do it in 48 hours. :) Some don't even find ECF until that has happened. Then, some people have the best most expensive equipment and are still struggling to quit analogs after 6 months or a year.

It's weird how everybody's brains are wired differently when it comes to habits and addictions.

Years ago, when I quit cold turkey, twice for years at a time, I dreamed about analogs quite often. With vaping I haven't had any analog dreams. Whatever it is about my brain, I guess still getting some nicotine short-cirucuits that process. All these things would be fascinating medical/psychological studies.

Which is why I wish the FDA was embracing vaporers, because there is a gold mine of information about both the physical and psychologoical implications of it all........they could *learn* a lot from us and from our experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread