• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Weight Control Lossing/Gaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I wonder if it is possible to run and keep my nebulizer in my mouth the whole time?

Joking aside for a second. I actual own a nebulizer. As some of you know, I had spells of COPD before I switched to vaping. I got the chance to buy one cheap and figured the way things were going, I was going to need one.
Now I don't even know where the darn thing is because it's no longer a worry. Well, maybe twenty or thirty years from now, but after sitting that long, I doubt if it will work.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I've lost 15 lbs since I started vaping. I'll tell you what works for me but your mileage may vary. Plus you're gonna say UggH.

I vape like crazy because I can everywhere, home office car and bed (where I am now). I'd rather vape than eat.

Things didn't taste the same, I guess my taste buds got better but they seemed to be MORE discriminating. What I thought I liked before I no longer do, especially greasy junk food type stuff. Even meat is less appetizing. Lighter salads yum, can't get enough.

I've loaded my office and home with hummus, rice cakes, almonds, kale, ginger, soy, fresh veggies, fruit and yogurt, triscuts , granola etc. etc. Now I know you're turning your noses up but I NEVER ate these things before and now I crave them. Less fat tastes wonderful to me now. I was 5'4" and 141 pounds, the highest I'd ever been even when I was pregnant 40 years ago. According to the Dr. I was OK in the BMI range at 141. I lost 5 lbs, doctor said to stop losing, I've since lost another 10 so now I'm at 126 and sometimes hover down into the 125. The first 5 came off during the first four months of vaping. The last 10 have come off since about June. I feel great so the heck with the Doctor. I've gone down from a size 10 to a six but now the 6's are a little loose and I'm shopping for a 4. This is nuts! I'm 58, it's not like I'm a teenager and can drop five pounds before the weekend to fit into the new bikini for the beach party (those days are sadly gone, the dropping 5 pounds fast AND the Beach Parties!).

One last trick and it might be the most important. I was going through menopause from 50 to about 56-57, weight gain there (I went through it without the benefits of any drugs). Thats what took me up the 15 pounds I believe. Menopause is over now, just ask my husband if you can find the body (?!). Sleeping was horribly disrupted during those years and all reports point toward good sleep habits to maintain a healthy weight. I broke down this last spring and asked the Dr for Ambian. I cut then in half and each night take just the half, they relax me enough to finally go to sleep and I'm sleeping soundly the whole night. I can't tell you how much better you'll feel EVERYDAY if you are rested.

PS - I'm NOT exercising at all. I do my own housework and lawn but not running, walking or weights. If I keep feeling so good I might need to take another look at all the exercise equipment I own. Turns out just owning it doesn't do the trick, I guess you have to actually pick it up.

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I keep the granola and oatmeal bars around. The fruit and yogurt too. The bad thing is I also keep the sweets around. I try to limit how much I eat though.
I'm in the not sleeping well mode---as you can tell, it's five o'clock and I'm up. Actually its not that I don't sleep, I do, but I go to bed, sleep a few hours, wake up, go potty, stay up for a while (whatever) and then go back and get a few more. And I think that is my biggest problem.
Then I'm up for good and not really rested so I go for food for the energy rush to keep me going.
A vicious cycle and one that I hope will soon pass.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I do take Melatonin every night. Before it I wasn't sleeping for days, then I'd crash for one night and not sleep again for days. With it things are at least livable.
I do know what you are talking about because there are nights I will sleep all night and I feel wonderful the next day.
I just keep on hoping that this will eventually end because I really don't want to take a sleeping aid. But if it doesn't come to an end, I will have to reconsider.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
melatonin isn't really a 'sleeping aid' per se... I wouldn't worry about taking it, personally. One of my kids was prescribed melatonin for his sleeping issues as well. I have a hormonal imbalance that makes me fat, hairy and depressed, as well as insomina, so it's not going to go away for me. I do agree a change in diet & my exercise level would help me, but that seems like a huge mountain to climb from where I am sitting right now. A 5'4" lady can get down to about 110lbs before having to worry about being 'too skinny'. I could lose 1/2 my current weight and still have room to lose before I got there! ah well. I once went without solid food for about 6 weeks due to a serious illness. Didn't lose a pound. Seriously. One of my aunts who has the same hormonal problem actually Gained weight on a clear liquid diet. After that, I kinda said poo on it! and I'll eat what I want. But as I am aging, I am cutting back portions, cut out sugary drinks, trim this and eliminate that. Fried foods are not a constant anymore. no more little debbies... things like that.
On an interesting note, some of my kids are in the process of deciding to be vegetarians. So the menu is going to have to change a bit more drastically!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
My friend asked me to do a charity 5 mile run...I said "No."
She told me it was for blind & disabled people, I then thought.....I could actually win this!!!
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread