• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Weight Control Lossing/Gaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Face it, a lot of us fight the weight battle every day. Right now, I think I'm losing.:ohmy:
Since we all know it's not healthy to carry the extra pounds, it's a hard fight keeping them off. I'll encourage you if you encourage me.

Believe it or not, there are people who have trouble retaining a healthy weight. Please join us because it's also not healthy to let your weight get too low.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Tell me about the age thing.
Way back when, I gained a bunch of weight, and then spent over a year dumping it. I think all was right body wise. I kept it off for a long time too. Then the late 50s to now (61), and it's coming back on.
The worse part is I exercise like crazy (walk dog twice a day & do pool exercises). This maintains but boy, eat the wrong thing and I've gained a pound, and since I'm not losing, it just keeps adding up.

When I did lose, it was baked or broiled chicken, tuna fish, and salads and other veggies and I am having a hard time getting back on what I call the ugh food train.
I'm hoping this thread will motivate the hell out of me!!!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Okay, had my yogurt earlier. Just finished Brunch. Now I got a couple hours of nothing but water before a fruit snack. Anyone want to do the time with me?

If you munch:ohmy:, you have to report!

EDIT: Well scratch today. Friend came over and we went shopping. She ran into a gas station to get something to drink and came back with Cracker Jacks. :~O

I have O willpower. :~{

Last edited:

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
then I went "on the road". Three years, and a half million miles later, I came off the road. Wifey had been laid off, mother asks since wifey ain't a doin nuttin, would she mind tendin to her great great grand daughter? Mother got her .... throwed in jail for drugs. Three years later wifey was back to her marriage weight. And I was down to 183. Well, niece got outta jail, took the now three 'n a half year old back. Wifey just looked beautiful and I was simply thrilled. Then she turned 62, and guess what? Menopause hits! Talk about a late bloomer. Damn, never seen anybody gain a hunnert pounds in two months in my life. And, no matter what I say, all she wants to do is argue with me now. 41 years of Marital Bliss, and now I don't even know this woman anymore. If I wasn't so damned old I'd go back on the road. Prolly my own fault. . .I've spoilt her rotten all those years. Well, now that I've rained all over everybodies parade. . .how's yur day a goin? :laugh:

Cheers,
otrpu

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
then I went "on the road". Three years, and a half million miles later, I came off the road. Wifey had been laid off, mother asks since wifey ain't a doin nuttin, would she mind tendin to her great great grand daughter? Mother got her .... throwed in jail for drugs. Three years later wifey was back to her marriage weight. And I was down to 183. Well, niece got outta jail, took the now three 'n a half year old back. Wifey just looked beautiful and I was simply thrilled. Then she turned 62, and guess what? Menopause hits! Talk about a late bloomer. Damn, never seen anybody gain a hunnert pounds in two months in my life. And, no matter what I say, all she wants to do is argue with me now. 41 years of Marital Bliss, and now I don't even know this woman anymore. If I wasn't so damned old I'd go back on the road. Prolly my own fault. . .I've spoilt her rotten all those years. Well, now that I've rained all over everybodies parade. . .how's yur day a goin? :laugh:

Cheers,
otrpu

Well, I know about the menopause and the weight gain. Since I hit 59, I gain just looking at something yummy and sugary. I exercise a lot to keep it at bay, but slowly and surely, I'm loosing the battle.
Hubby is a year older than me and we both get a little short with each other at times. Long ago, we came up with this signal thing which tells the other, "whoa" which stops the impending nerve damage or argument.
Has and still works well.

Here at WWB, there is a thread called Seniors, please join us there.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/wellness-wrecked-bonkers/103593-seniors.html

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Hello jj2, et al. . .
Tried joining Seniors. . .said I did, but wouldn't let me post. Sounds like age discrimination too me.

Gotta story to tell. Was a wise ... most my life. Used to call everybody an ole dart. . .now I are one.

What goes round comes round partner. For sure.

Sometime the last 3 years I walked into the bathroom, looked in the mirror, and exclaimed. . .who's that ole dart a lookin back at me. All at once I'ma wonderin. . .where'd my life go? Last I member I was 40. Gheech. . .now I'ma thinkin triple digits sounds pretty good to me. Longs I'm able to git around, and can remember where I was a goin.

Nuff jabber for now, nuttin to do with gainin/loosin weight anyway.

Just sayin howdy to you all. :ohmy:

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:

Tutu

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
AZ
Hello everyone,

I rarely step on the scale. I did today because of a dr. appts. WooHoo, I have lost weight from the month before. Strange, as I am on prednisone and most people gain weight while on it, but this med has had many strange things with me. No increase of energy, none of the "good stuff". Instead, I got the rage, can grow a beard better than any man, makes me tired yet can't sleep. They have me on it due to Bells Palsy. I can now begin the tapering off of it, thank goodness.

Ah the "age" issues. I too can pass a mirror and wonder who the heck that person is. Looks like I should know her, then all of a sudden I realize it's me! YIKES. I remember my Mom saying the same thing.

Oh, to have my 20 or 30 year old body back again. LOL

Tutu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread