weird atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
sounds like it's dry as hell and needs a good juicing. if you don't hear any gurgling..... if you do hear gurgling, blow it out some more from the atty end. many times water or alchy gets hung up at the battery end.

after a good cleaning, if you soak a cart and let it sit on the atty for about 10 mins, it will take what it needs and you should be good to go. you'll have to top off in seconds once you get it going.

with the 901, i've found HOT means too dry or flooded.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
On the sister atty to that one the 801, I had a light draw and hot burn after cleaning in alcohol.

I think the hot burn is a result of the atty not having enough prime, so rather than head the e-juice, which keeps the atty cool it heats up the atty.

As for the hard draw, I bet you didn't let it dry long enough so the alcohol is still in there.

I'd let it dry for a good 12-24 hours, then prime it with 3-5 drops (whatever you drip with plus one or 2) and let the prime sit for an hour with the atty pointed vertical so the e-juice can soak in.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Usually the holes are not the problem. It's most likely internal. I left home for business a few weeks ago, and forgot the 4081 atty I had soaking in the Everclear. When I got home a week later, the atty had an amazingly easy draw, and clouded the room with vapor.

This is not a recommendation. Only my personal experience. I have about 50 spare 4081 attys, so I can afford to experiment with a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread