weird atty problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodykills

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Mt.Carmel, Ill
So ive got a couple newish 510 attys. After about 3 days they started hitting GREAT. Then they dwindled down some. I did Highpings cleaning method, and they seem to work better. My problem is when i take a drag it feels as if im getting mostly air not vapor. Its like sucking on a pipe that has a carb, and not pluging the carb.. if ya know what i mean;) anyone else experience this? im using a 3.7volt nicostick by the way

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
try dripping a drop or two on the atty..and then taking a hit..if it's good vapor then it's probably a cartridge stuffing issue..it's not wicking properly. Also make sure that the orientation of your cartridge is lined up correctly with the atomizer bridge/ceramic cup. (if you notice..the tip of your cartridge that goes into the atomizer is a rectangle..now look inside the atomizer..and you'll notice the ceramic(white piece) is also a rectangle. Orient the cartridge tip so that it lines up with the cup.) This will help it wick better...but it sounds like you need to add more juice to your cartridge stuffing or maybe try one of the cartridge mods in the Modders Forum. There are dozens to experiment with.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Maybe it`s getting to much air like you say. When building a mod I use lead free solder when soldering the center pin in the atty/battery connector sealing it off. Mine has always worked fine and this stops any possible fluid from getting back into the battery area. the vent slots on the atomizer and atty/connector provide plenty of air flow.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi,
If your coil is getting red hot and ur not getting vapor, you are running ur atty dry..
The atty's coil, if wet enough, shouldn't be 'red hot' as you say. You will get vapor and the atty you can hear crackling, but it shouldn't be turning red, that means it is dry or not getting enough liquid. Check how thick you filler is..
You may have to 'thin' out the filler a bit to allow the liquid to flow proper..

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
I think stubear nail it.
If there's tyoo much air, you're getting it from the vento holes (side) AND from the bottom. If you notice, when you flood an atty, liquid drains from the bottom hole but if you use the right amount of liquid, it takes a long time for it to drain... same as when you turn upside down a bottle of juice, the liquid takes time to leak. So try adding one more drop of what you're doing right now.
Perhaps you're using LR attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread