Weird charging issue with 88vape pens

k1k1

Nov 30, 2011
London
Hi all,

I use disposable vape pens from 88vape, and while they've always been a bit temperamental, over the last couple of weeks I've noticed a charging issue which, bizarrely, seems to affect all batteries that I try and charge, both new ones and old ones, wherever I try and charge them. Here are the facts:

- I have tested this on three brand-new batteries, using their respective brand-new chargers, as well as a couple of old batteries, which I'm reasonably sure (but not certain) didn't have this issue before.

- I have tested this using two different Windows 10 laptops, a PlayStation 5, and a 5v USB wall converter (I wouldn't normally use the converter, but I was trying to establish whether the problem was with the laptops). The problem is always the same no matter what I use to charge the battery.

- The problem is that the batteries will only charge for 20 minutes, and then they stop charging. When the battery is first plugged in, the light blinks three times and then stays on, and the battery starts charging. But after 20 minutes, the light blinks 20 times and switches off, and the battery stops charging. I have to disconnect and reconnect it to resume charging, and the cycle begins again.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here, and if there's anything I can do about it? It seems very strange that this would suddenly start affecting all the batteries and/or all the USB ports on all the devices in my house, and even stranger that it would affect months-old batteries that never had the problem before.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, k1k1. That issue does sound strange, indeed. There is a contact page on their website, or maybe it's more convenient for you to use their email address - Contact - support@88vape.com. Unless someone here can help it might be best for you to ask them directly about the batteries they use.

Users who are viewing this thread