Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Has anyone else noticed a weird taste from these? I really think it might be because they are both mostly metal. The taste on both is different.....very different.....but on BOTH devices it alters the taste of the vape almost to the point of being unvapeable.

I've tried washing off both, letting both soak in hot water, and the ONLY other thing I can think to do, is to soak them in white vinegar.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Any solutions?

My pro tanks taste fine (although I had to originally soak my PT1 in white vinegar because the metallic tip gave off a metallic taste), my iclear30s taste fine, my carto tanks taste fine.......

It is just the smoktech pyrex aro, and the aspire bdc pyrex version (mainly metal, with tiny windows on the side that are pyrex.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Before I moved on to carto tanks a couple months ago I primarilyused the Aros but stopped using them because of the really weird flavors I was getting as well as leaking/flooding. Unfortunately, you're not alone.

I wonder why the results are so mixed? I understand that taste is subjective.....but these are painfully obvious tastes I'm noticing in both the aspire bdc, and the aro pyrex, to the point of almost wanting to give up on them.

I get that each person tastes eliquids differently, but we are talking about interference here, and I'd assume that these things wouldn't be THAT subjective.....who knows....

I wonder what is causing it , since you are right, the smoktech aro AND the aspire bdc in fact are mostly pyrex. I'm stumped

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wonder why the results are so mixed? I understand that taste is subjective.....but these are painfully obvious tastes I'm noticing in both the aspire bdc, and the aro pyrex, to the point of almost wanting to give up on them.

Actually...I DID give up clearomizers due to inconsitent nature of the experience. When the flavor is good...it can be really good but when its bad it can be AWFUL. Have you tried rebuilding/re-wicking your coils? I have no interest in that so I just went to carto tanks.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Actually...I DID give up clearomizers due to inconsitent nature of the experience. When the flavor is good...it can be really good but when its bad it can be AWFUL. Have you tried rebuilding/re-wicking your coils? I have no interest in that so I just went to carto tanks.

Actually, I started re-wicking my coils early on. I enjoyed it quite a bit .....for a while, but I was going through a coil every 3-4 days, and between work and raising my son, wicking my own coils was just a pain in the .........having to find the time to do so, then making sure you wrap them properly, etc.

Honestly, I was quite happy with my evod and pro tank1 when I first got them. For months I used nothing but 2 evods, and 1 pro tank1, and they served me extremely well. Unfortunately, the evods ended up cracking from my juices, and the pro tank1 had its glue MELT from my cinnamon e-liquid.

The pro tank2 I had NO LUCK WHAT SO EVER with. Terrible experience, terrible clearo for me. It just NEVER worked properly. I tried using factory coils, wrapping them myself, NOTHING. Perhaps the one I got is defective, I know that the base never screwed on properly from the very beginning. Either way, I never cared enough to spend the 2 bucks to try out a new base.

After that, I moved on to carto tanks, first with a VVV polypro carto tank, then with 2 IBTanked CTs. The VVV lost its thumbscrew, but I enjoyed it for about a month , it was fantastic. The IBTanked carto tanks are now my GO TO delivery devices when I am not at home. I got an iClear30 with my MVP2.0 , and that is my main device while at home. I choose it while I'm at home because I get more vapor from it then my ibtanked ct's.

So yea, I'm done with building my own coils.....for the moment at least. I also don't have the time to fiddle with RBA's.....I don't like dripping.

I like the consistency of carto tanks, but I like strong hits and heavy vapor from clearos.....when they work properly.

I was really hoping the Aspire BDC would be a huge improvement. Verdict is still out, I'm going to keep trying and seeing how it goes.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah...I just don't understand clearos. My boyfriend has multiple PT2s that he LOVES and never has problems with...maybe an occasional dry hit when the coil starts going. He just replaces coils about every week...never cleans or dry burns them. They never leak or gurge for him...he loves them and they work for him. I just don't get it...yet many people have terrible problems with them. It's maddening!

I'm really enjoying carto tanks right now but i've had a run on bad cartos too which is annoying but at least when they work...they work.

I was going to try the regular Aspire line but it's just gotten too many mixed reviews and I think I'll just get frustrated. I'm keeping my eye on the Aspire Nautilus...It's looking promising and I'm watching the reviews to see if its the new "best thing". Good luck!

smoking on Aro 2 1st time tonight on an old ICON mod. It does have sometimes a sort of metallic taste, most likely coming from the tip I guess. I forgot and didnt wash mine first (too eager to try)

Has anyone else noticed a weird taste from these? I really think it might be because they are both mostly metal. The taste on both is different.....very different.....but on BOTH devices it alters the taste of the vape almost to the point of being unvapeable.

I've tried washing off both, letting both soak in hot water, and the ONLY other thing I can think to do, is to soak them in white vinegar.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Any solutions?

My pro tanks taste fine (although I had to originally soak my PT1 in white vinegar because the metallic tip gave off a metallic taste), my iclear30s taste fine, my carto tanks taste fine.......

It is just the smoktech pyrex aro, and the aspire bdc pyrex version (mainly metal, with tiny windows on the side that are pyrex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread