Weird PCC Behavoir...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Has anyone else seen this behavior out of their VK PCC?

The PCC is fully charged. Screw on a battery, the RED charging LED on the PCC comes on. So far, no problem. Then the LED on the end of the battery blinks 3 times... pauses for about a second... blinks 3 times...pauses..... and this pattern repeats forever.

Battery appears to be OK (just got it) and it will charge OK on the wall charger.

Thoughts?

Panda04

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
Houston
Has anyone else seen this behavior out of their VK PCC?

The PCC is fully charged. Screw on a battery, the RED charging LED on the PCC comes on. So far, no problem. Then the LED on the end of the battery blinks 3 times... pauses for about a second... blinks 3 times...pauses..... and this pattern repeats forever.

Battery appears to be OK (just got it) and it will charge OK on the wall charger.

Thoughts?

I haven't seen this. Is the PCC plugged into a power source when this happens? Is the PCC fully charged? Does it charge the battery?

Andy

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I haven't seen this. Is the PCC plugged into a power source when this happens? Is the PCC fully charged? Does it charge the battery?

Andy

It happens whether the PCC is plugged into a USB source or not. And yes, the PCC appears to be fully charged (green LED is/was on).

Don't really know if it will actually charge a battery or not. This appears to be weird behavior so I removed the battery to avoid possible damage.

Panda04

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
Houston
It happens whether the PCC is plugged into a USB source or not. And yes, the PCC appears to be fully charged (green LED is/was on).

Don't really know if it will actually charge a battery or not. This appears to be weird behavior so I removed the battery to avoid possible damage.

The safety switch SHOULD protect the battery. Maybe you need to talk with Steve about this problem.

Andy

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Just a follow-up.

Panda, your advice is 100% correct and accurate. As a service to other V4L users, my suggestion is: if you see this type of behavior from your PCC do not continue to use it and contact Steve or Mark for support. I'm confident they will take care of you.

The wife didn't know that I was having concerns or issues with the PCC and she grabbed it the other day for use with her 901. She isn't much for ummmm.. well... paying attention to LEDs and the like! She came to me last night complaining that one of her prized pink 901 batteries wasn't working anymore. It was the one that she had in the PCC. I'm not going to deny that this may be completely coincidental... but why take a chance? If your PCC isn't working exactly as advertised or expected, don't be a fool (like me) and continue to use it!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Might be the battery causing the blinking. Does it do that with all your batteries, or just that particular battery?

Jen,

It did it with all batteries. I had verified that earlier.

I realize that this is fully covered. I was just posting this as a potential warning to anybody else that might see this behavior. Don't use the PCC. Contact V4L, get a new one. Simple.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Jen,

It did it with all batteries. I had verified that earlier.

I realize that this is fully covered. I was just posting this as a potential warning to anybody else that might see this behavior. Don't use the PCC. Contact V4L, get a new one. Simple.

Wow

That is just to hard to do8-o

Heh heh:D

Who loves ya baby;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread