The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Welcome to the Cheddar Curtain

Discussion in 'Behind the Cheddar Curtain' started by Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BugsyM

BugsyM Full Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I would, I spent ~6 months living in Laona(tiny town about 25 mins from iron mountain, MI), but doing what I do I need to be near a big city. I'm debating either moving to waukesha or southern kenosha depending on where I find my next job at..

2. blutoday

blutoday Full Member

May 6, 2010
    Northeast Wisconsin
    Bugsy I'm a half mile south of Laona! Ever ride the train while your where there?

3. BugsyM

BugsyM Full Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Can't say I did?

4. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI

Waukesha. Definately Waukesha.....but, then again, I'm biased :D

5. BugsyM

BugsyM Full Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Haha, it depends on where I get my next job at, if I get something around Madison I'll probably move to Waukesha, if I end up in Chicago I'll be wanting to move a little closer to the border ;)

6. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Hey all you cheeseheads - we've got some fresh me......er.........some new people joining us behind our curtain....

Give a warm welcome (and June in Wi - warm's EASY!) to Drevly and Iamdougm...

7. MlrGrl

MlrGrl Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Welcome, Drevly and Iamdougm!
    Beer's in the cooler and tonight we'll be grilling up some brats, burgers and brats.
    Either of you know how to deep fry beer? There's gotta be a way....

8. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Deep..........fried...............BEER?

9. MlrGrl

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    I dunno. Just have the deep fried food cravings today and beer, well, that's a given. Thought combining the two would hit the spot faster....

Sort of like those times one starts craving an analog -- kick the mg's up for a few hits and the craving goes away LOL

Beisdes; if they can make chocolate covered bacon on a stick at the fair.......

10. iamdougm

iamdougm Senior Member ECF Veteran

Deep fried beer??? Well if there's a way, someone from Wisconsin will find it.

Glad to be here.

11. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    If we can put a man on the moon.....................

12. Drevly

Drevly Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Janesville, Wisconsin
    thanks very much for the warm welcome. i don't recall ever being asked if i could fry beer before, but i'll be sure to look into it :) from janesville, hello to all you neighbors!

13. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Hey, hey, hey.........gots another Cheddarhead joining us here, guys.....

What you drinking, kricket_4? Pull up a barstool and have yerself a cold one :D

14. kricket_4

kricket_4 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    Wisconsin
    awe, thanks Vicks! You guys look like lots a fun :)

15. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    We tend to go in cycles around here - everyone'll post like maniacs for awhile, and then we all go quiet.

Guess it's the summer fun and sunshine that are pulling us away from the forum right now, although in my case it's getting all emo while trying to line up something resembling a social life....sucks to be me :(

I might just check out the Friday Night Live going on this Friday night downtown - I'm certainly close enough. All them bars are within staggering distance of home sweet shoebox, will have live music, and well, I just hope the bartenders know how to mix a decent Sour Apple Martini.

Anyone care to join me as I paint Waukesha red?

16. MlrGrl

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    First - Welcome Kricket!

Second - Vicks - can you teach my lawn to go Emo so it will cut its self?

17. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Just deprive it of ejuice - that'll be enough to make the lawn practically kill itself :D

Ok, Ok...I get it - HAPPY THREAD!!!!!! Time to parrrrrrrrrrrrr-tay!!!!

18. kricket_4

Jun 14, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Vicks - where in waukesha are you? I live over by Huber (LOL, I know, but everyone knows where Huber is :) )

19. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Ummmmm. Nope. I don't know where Huber is (sad, sad panda :( ) I've only been here since Nov.

I'm right on main street, in the heart of downtown. About a block away from 5 points.

20. kricket_4

Jun 14, 2010
    Wisconsin
    That would make you the first :) No worries, your not missing much - Huber is essentially a jail LOL. I know Main St, can't say I know 5 points though. Sad, we probably live about 10 minutes apart and neither one of us knows where the other is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.