The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Welcome to the Cheddar Curtain

Discussion in 'Behind the Cheddar Curtain' started by Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    5 points is where Main, Broadway, and Grand converge in the heart of Downtown. I think the Black Trumpet (the hotel's fancy-smanchy restaurant) and Sloppy Joes are on 2 of the points, the only 2 businesses I can think of off the top of my head.

Ever been to some of the bars downtown? My hangouts (when I feel like a barfly) are usually the Salty Toad and Nice Ash....which, BTW, will be exempt from the full-on smoking ban coming to us in a week and a half. I plan on heading down to Ash tomorrow, they usually have a fantastic band playing on Friday nights, and the bartender KNOWS how to mix a decent Sour Apple Martini.

2. BugsyM

BugsyM Full Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I had to go to the DMV in waukesha last month and got completely lost because of that "5 points" area you speak of D:
    I need to buy a gps, lol.

3. harmony gardens

harmony gardens Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    welcome kricket and anyone I might have missed.

4. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    The way I really learned downtown Waukesha was to walk it. Once I took things in on foot, it was easy to drive it.

5. kricket_4

kricket_4 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I've grew up in New Berlin and have lived in waukesha for the last 5 years and I still get lost in downtown Waukesha. I'm not much of a bar girl, but I know right where the black trumpet is - right across the street from the Black Dragon :) Got my belly button pierced there in my younger days.

6. MlrGrl

MlrGrl Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    How did they beat the ban?

7. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    They are a cigar/hookah bar. I don't know specifics, but a large portion of their revenue comes from single cigar sales, or single bowls of shisha for the hookahs, which are then consumed on site. To not be able to consume these products on site would shut them down. Period.

And Kricket - I got my tat at the black dragon.

8. MlrGrl

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ahhh....after I wrote that, I thought about the cigar bar aspect...
    I've been lunching with a smoking friend in a smoking bar once a week for the past few couple of months. I've noticed that a few hours after I get home, I can't seems to get the smoke out of my nose!! I never noticed it before and I've actually turned to MlrMan and once the dreaded words escaped my lips "OMG; I almost can't wait until the smoking ban goes into effect!" :facepalm:
    I am also one of those that TOTALLY believes that business owers should be the ones that decide what LEGAL products are used in their establishments, so the regret I felt after saying that was very deep.....

On a happy note, once the ban goes into effect, I know she'll be sucking on a stompbox a lot more......yeah; I'm the queen of rational thinking....LMAO.....

9. harmony gardens

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I gotta send back a hug, because believe me, I know all about mixed emotions over complex issues!! I'm betting that at some point, the pendelum will swing back the other way, and a compromise will be found. At this point, at least we should be able to vape or stealth vape at most places.

Hugs

10. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Oh, KC - you got just a touch of the ex-smoker - it happens on occasion. I went to a friends house for New Year's eve - both of them are heavy smokers. Well, we spent the evening giggling, gaming, etc....and when I got home, I noticed.........the smell. It was everywhere - my clothes, my hair, my skin......ewwwwwwww. I had "How can they NOT realize how bad they smell????" flit through my brain followed by "oh damn... the dreaded ex-smoker mentality bit me good."

So I forgive you :D

11. MlrGrl

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    :toast:
    I will admit, I probably never would have thought that, except for the fact that the ban is a done deal, so I might as well find a bright spot.....or maybe that's my rational....LOL
    But BOY are my smoking friends going to be ticked off when I'm puffing away and they aren't. OH well....they've had a year to do something about it & only one has ever showed interest & has tried my gear until she found one she liked (5V stompbox with cartos....man...I swear that girl could suck a golf ball thru a garden hose!)

A friend of mine went camping this weekend and asked if we could change cars so she could use my mini van. I'm LOVING the fact that I'm finally driving a little car again........but OMG..........I had forgotten how an analog car smells!! LOL I had the windows down in it all day yesterday to air it out before we all went out last night. As we drove over, I started wondering how much of the smell from the seats would be getting onto my clothes!
    On the flip side - I'm loving it! Loving the fact that I have come this far - somewhere I never thought I'd be! :vapor:

12. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    WOOT! Cheeseheads are coming out of the woodwork - and I'll be expecting even more as the statewide ban kicks in in a week.....

Welcome to our little happy place, Perpetual Knight - pull up a barstool and let the tarbender know what you wanna drink!

13. Perpetual Knight

Perpetual Knight Full Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Fitchburg WI
    Thanx for the warm welcome Vick! I'll have whatever's on tap, and keep 'em coming!

Alas, it will have to wait...For now, I hide in the bushes so that I may ambush FedEx and rescue my package from them :D

14. harmony gardens

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
  15. MlrGrl

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ditto what Harmony said :D

16. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Them FedEx guys are sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeky, though.....might need the camo to really get the drop on him :D

17. Perpetual Knight

Jun 27, 2010
    Fitchburg WI
    I caught him!! Now the proud owner of an iPhone 4 AND have my resupply of 510 attys :)

18. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    WOOT!!!!! Good catch on the FedEx guy - but you gotta let him go again, so he can bring goodies to all the vapers (just like Santy Claus :D) ..... goodies like my Fistpack

I'll be stalking the mailman next week....wish me good hunting

19. Perpetual Knight

Jun 27, 2010
    Fitchburg WI
    Vicks, I made the terrible mistake of trying to look up "fistpack"...Wow. I'm going to assume it's e-cig related! :nun:

20. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.