• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome to the Cheddar Curtain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
5 points is where Main, Broadway, and Grand converge in the heart of Downtown. I think the Black Trumpet (the hotel's fancy-smanchy restaurant) and Sloppy Joes are on 2 of the points, the only 2 businesses I can think of off the top of my head.

Ever been to some of the bars downtown? My hangouts (when I feel like a barfly) are usually the Salty Toad and Nice Ash....which, BTW, will be exempt from the full-on smoking ban coming to us in a week and a half. I plan on heading down to Ash tomorrow, they usually have a fantastic band playing on Friday nights, and the bartender KNOWS how to mix a decent Sour Apple Martini.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I had to go to the DMV in waukesha last month and got completely lost because of that "5 points" area you speak of D:
I need to buy a gps, lol.

The way I really learned downtown Waukesha was to walk it. Once I took things in on foot, it was easy to drive it.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Ever been to some of the bars downtown? My hangouts (when I feel like a barfly) are usually the Salty Toad and Nice Ash....which, BTW, will be exempt from the full-on smoking ban coming to us in a week and a half. I plan on heading down to Ash tomorrow, they usually have a fantastic band playing on Friday nights, and the bartender KNOWS how to mix a decent Sour Apple Martini.

How did they beat the ban?

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
They are a cigar/hookah bar. I don't know specifics, but a large portion of their revenue comes from single cigar sales, or single bowls of shisha for the hookahs, which are then consumed on site. To not be able to consume these products on site would shut them down. Period.

And Kricket - I got my tat at the black dragon.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
They are a cigar/hookah bar. I don't know specifics, but a large portion of their revenue comes from single cigar sales, or single bowls of shisha for the hookahs, which are then consumed on site. To not be able to consume these products on site would shut them down. Period.

And Kricket - I got my tat at the black dragon.

Ahhh....after I wrote that, I thought about the cigar bar aspect...
I've been lunching with a smoking friend in a smoking bar once a week for the past few couple of months. I've noticed that a few hours after I get home, I can't seems to get the smoke out of my nose!! I never noticed it before and I've actually turned to MlrMan and once the dreaded words escaped my lips "OMG; I almost can't wait until the smoking ban goes into effect!" :facepalm:
I am also one of those that TOTALLY believes that business owers should be the ones that decide what LEGAL products are used in their establishments, so the regret I felt after saying that was very deep.....

On a happy note, once the ban goes into effect, I know she'll be sucking on a stompbox a lot more......yeah; I'm the queen of rational thinking....LMAO.....

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I've been lunching with a smoking friend in a smoking bar once a week for the past few couple of months. I've noticed that a few hours after I get home, I can't seems to get the smoke out of my nose!! I never noticed it before and I've actually turned to MlrMan and once the dreaded words escaped my lips "OMG; I almost can't wait until the smoking ban goes into effect!" :facepalm:
I am also one of those that TOTALLY believes that business owers should be the ones that decide what LEGAL products are used in their establishments, so the regret I felt after saying that was very deep.....

On a happy note, once the ban goes into effect, I know she'll be sucking on a stompbox a lot more......yeah; I'm the queen of rational thinking....LMAO.....

I gotta send back a hug, because believe me, I know all about mixed emotions over complex issues!! I'm betting that at some point, the pendelum will swing back the other way, and a compromise will be found. At this point, at least we should be able to vape or stealth vape at most places.

Hugs

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com

Oh, KC - you got just a touch of the ex-smoker - it happens on occasion. I went to a friends house for New Year's eve - both of them are heavy smokers. Well, we spent the evening giggling, gaming, etc....and when I got home, I noticed.........the smell. It was everywhere - my clothes, my hair, my skin......ewwwwwwww. I had "How can they NOT realize how bad they smell????" flit through my brain followed by "oh damn... the dreaded ex-smoker mentality bit me good."

So I forgive you :D

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I gotta send back a hug, because believe me, I know all about mixed emotions over complex issues!! I'm betting that at some point, the pendelum will swing back the other way, and a compromise will be found. At this point, at least we should be able to vape or stealth vape at most places.

Hugs
:toast:
I will admit, I probably never would have thought that, except for the fact that the ban is a done deal, so I might as well find a bright spot.....or maybe that's my rational....LOL
But BOY are my smoking friends going to be ticked off when I'm puffing away and they aren't. OH well....they've had a year to do something about it & only one has ever showed interest & has tried my gear until she found one she liked (5V stompbox with cartos....man...I swear that girl could suck a golf ball thru a garden hose!)

Oh, KC - you got just a touch of the ex-smoker - it happens on occasion. I went to a friends house for New Year's eve - both of them are heavy smokers. Well, we spent the evening giggling, gaming, etc....and when I got home, I noticed.........the smell. It was everywhere - my clothes, my hair, my skin......ewwwwwwww. I had "How can they NOT realize how bad they smell????" flit through my brain followed by "oh damn... the dreaded ex-smoker mentality bit me good."

So I forgive you :D
A friend of mine went camping this weekend and asked if we could change cars so she could use my mini van. I'm LOVING the fact that I'm finally driving a little car again........but OMG..........I had forgotten how an analog car smells!! LOL I had the windows down in it all day yesterday to air it out before we all went out last night. As we drove over, I started wondering how much of the smell from the seats would be getting onto my clothes!
On the flip side - I'm loving it! Loving the fact that I have come this far - somewhere I never thought I'd be! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread