Well Hello There . . . Best Squonk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Y'all!

While I am new to this forum, I have been vaping for about 4-5 years off and on. I have been analog free for 9 months now! Right now I have the Athena Squonk, the Pulse and the Ram. All have their positives and negatives for sure. Now though I'm wanting to buy a nice Squonk. One that will last me, and that will maybe work a little better than the three I mentioned. Not looking to spend $300 on one, but I'm expecting over $100 obviously. I've heard the dotmod Squonk is good but I would really like some opinions. At least give me some ideas or mods to check out. Appreciate it!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I can't recommend anything specifically. I only have a Reo Grand, and rarely use it.

I suggest you may get more replies if you ask in a more specific sub-forum. Liquid Feed APV Discussion

Could also go to You Tube and search for "squonk mod review" or "bottom feed mod review".

Good luck!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I love squonking, especially at work, but I am a mechanical kind of guy. IMHO, the best regulated box out there right now (not a zillion dollar custom job or a small company limited production model) is the Lost Vape Therion BF, if you can live with 75 watts or less. It's a single battery machine, and uses the Evolv DNA 75C chip. This has the big color screen and all the bells and whistles, plus the Evolv chips are widely touted as having better TC than the YiHi chips. Couldn't prove it by me, I don't use TC, but that's what I hear. Take a look and see if it appeals. Finding one will be a trial; they can't make them fast enough. Every time somebody gets a shipment they sell out in days. You might have to order from China.

Another solid offering I like is the Council of Vapor Wraith, but this is not a top-drawer thing really. It's a mid grade machine, way cheaper than your budget, and I use them as replaceable parts. Nice form and function, though. Also one battery, 75W machines.

I prefer mechanical squonkers, myself. I have a number of Reos, and I can recommend them heartily. The only thing I don't like about them is they are "door hole" squonkers, and I prefer "side cut" machines. But they are fine gear, and they work very well, not to mention forever. Pretty bullet proof, and replacement parts are available if something does break.

The machines I use most of all, believe it or not, are the Old Skool Coppervape mods. Cheap as dirt, and indestructible as they are basically just a chunk of metal-- I have aluminum and brass-- with two holes bored in them. I carry a pair of them to work every day.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey Y'all!
While I am new to this forum, I have been vaping for about 4-5 years off and on. I have been analog free for 9 months now! Right now I have the Athena Squonk, the Pulse and the Ram. All have their positives and negatives for sure. Now though I'm wanting to buy a nice Squonk. One that will last me, and that will maybe work a little better than the three I mentioned. Not looking to spend $300 on one, but I'm expecting over $100 obviously. I've heard the DotMod Squonk is good but I would really like some opinions. At least give me some ideas or mods to check out. Appreciate it!
Welcome and glad you joined.
I vape only RDA's so I can't help much.
Might like:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/bottom-feeder-mods.934/
http://www.geekayvapes.com/squonking-101/

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey Y'all!

While I am new to this forum, I have been vaping for about 4-5 years off and on. I have been analog free for 9 months now! Right now I have the Athena Squonk, the Pulse and the Ram. All have their positives and negatives for sure. Now though I'm wanting to buy a nice Squonk. One that will last me, and that will maybe work a little better than the three I mentioned. Not looking to spend $300 on one, but I'm expecting over $100 obviously. I've heard the DotMod Squonk is good but I would really like some opinions. At least give me some ideas or mods to check out. Appreciate it!

Hi WWV. Welcome to the ECF.

Since you have Already used Mech Squonkers, I would Highly Recommended checking out the CopperVape BF Mod. IMO, a Fantastic Squonker and at an almost Unbelievable Price.

$21.22 Coppervape BF 18650 Mechanical Mod - authentic / stainless steel / 1*18650 / w/ 10ml dropper bottle at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And for a Small, Compact Mod, the Pico Squeeze Very Nice.

$16.95 Authentic Eleaf Pico Squeeze 50W 18650 Mechanical Mod (Silver) - aluminum / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

VV or manual? I notice the dotmod is manual for $80 which seems high to me for a manual.

I'm sorry I should be put that I wanted a mechanical squonk in my post!! I agree that $80 is pricey! According to Vape enthusiasts on Facebook it's an excellent deal and one of the best squonks made. I thought I should finally just become a member here, and ask the actual tried and true enthusiasts!

Reactions: stols001
Hi and welcome. I love squonking, especially at work, but I am a mechanical kind of guy. IMHO, the best regulated box out there right now (not a zillion dollar custom job or a small company limited production model) is the Lost Vape Therion BF, if you can live with 75 watts or less. It's a single battery machine, and uses the Evolv DNA 75C chip. This has the big color screen and all the bells and whistles, plus the Evolv chips are widely touted as having better TC than the YiHi chips. Couldn't prove it by me, I don't use TC, but that's what I hear. Take a look and see if it appeals. Finding one will be a trial; they can't make them fast enough. Every time somebody gets a shipment they sell out in days. You might have to order from China.

Another solid offering I like is the Council of Vapor Wraith, but this is not a top-drawer thing really. It's a mid grade machine, way cheaper than your budget, and I use them as replaceable parts. Nice form and function, though. Also one battery, 75W machines.

I prefer mechanical squonkers, myself. I have a number of Reos, and I can recommend them heartily. The only thing I don't like about them is they are "door hole" squonkers, and I prefer "side cut" machines. But they are fine gear, and they work very well, not to mention forever. Pretty bullet proof, and replacement parts are available if something does break.

The machines I use most of all, believe it or not, are the Old Skool Coppervape mods. Cheap as dirt, and indestructible as they are basically just a chunk of metal-- I have aluminum and brass-- with two holes bored in them. I carry a pair of them to work every day.

I love how you think! First I want to say I read somewhere that the single battery DNA 75 was a questionable device. . I can't say where or who said that. That's why I never looked at one. I definitely agree with you on the "door hole" squonk. Maybe that's part of what's aggravating me with these. The Athena is well built; However the Pulse is too boxy and big for my hands and the Ram there is a delay in firing and if I should drop it the box will shatter in a million pieces. Neither feel like they will last me. Not as much as I vape. For anyone interested I actually have 2 Rams and both have the delay in firing so that's just normal. I've had small problems I've had to fix with each mod. Little things, but it just gets aggravating.

Now, that Coppervape mod? That is awesome! I've never seen those! Nor have I heard of them. That is something I would love to have. Thank y'all for mentioning it. I absolutely love squonking. I see now I definitely should only look into the "side cut" squonks.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I have been a mech squonk user since the beginning (7years this month). I got the BF Therion DNA 75C a few months ago, and haven't looked back to the mechs since, except one REO with some limited flavor in it.

Do yourself a favor and give the Therion BF DNA 75C strong consideration. Its really a nice squonk mod. Paint could be better, but I'm not entering it in any beauty contests lol.

PS! Since this is a post to introduce ourselves, I guess I forgot that part!

My name on here Wonder Woman Vapers is the same as my Instagram page @Wonder_Woman_Vaper - I basically nicknamed myself. I've been physically disabled and bedridden for years, then I got well. I was working and back in college at 35 when on April 24, 2017 a guy decided to pull out in front of me to turn left. I was going 50. It was 100% his fault.. I now am recovering from a Traumatic brain injury. So Wonder Woman is kind of a play on words. For a long time I would constantly wonder where I was, what was going on, who I was, how do I do this...but I've survived again and again in this life. So I nicknamed myself. I am still recovering so if I don't completely explain things or make 100% sense, forgive me. I'm going to be like that. . Until I'm not. I am 35, single, no kids. I have a dog named Jazmin.
So, the nickname is my way of trying to prove to myself I can make it through this, again... and plus I absolutely love Vaping! I've been vaping for years but didn't quit smoking for good until a few months after my injury. So it's been about 9 months now no cigs! I got my mom to quit smoking and to start vaping as well. Brain injuries are a terrible thing. You wake up a different person than you were before and everyone has to adjust to who you are now. There are no support groups around here so I hope when I'm doing well enough, in a few months, I want to try to start one up. My life story will start again there. My name. Almost forgot. My name is Lauren.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just wanted to say Thank You all for your help! I will definitely check out the squonk forum! I will be getting that Coppervape Mech for sure and maybe that's what I've been looking for all along!! Appreciate you all!!

The CopperVape BF Mod is Great Squonker.

Just a Heads Up: The Brass one is Heavy. Very Heavy. Id go with the Aluminum One. Unless you like Very Heavy Mods.

Coppervape BF Mod

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
PS! Since this is a post to introduce ourselves, I guess I forgot that part!

My name on here Wonder Woman Vapers is the same as my Instagram page @Wonder_Woman_Vaper - I basically nicknamed myself. I've been physically disabled and bedridden for years, then I got well. I was working and back in college at 35 when on April 24, 2017 a guy decided to pull out in front of me to turn left. I was going 50. It was 100% his fault.. I now am recovering from a Traumatic brain injury. So Wonder Woman is kind of a play on words. For a long time I would constantly wonder where I was, what was going on, who I was, how do I do this...but I've survived again and again in this life. So I nicknamed myself. I am still recovering so if I don't completely explain things or make 100% sense, forgive me. I'm going to be like that. . Until I'm not. I am 35, single, no kids. I have a dog named Jazmin.
So, the nickname is my way of trying to prove to myself I can make it through this, again... and plus I absolutely love Vaping! I've been vaping for years but didn't quit smoking for good until a few months after my injury. So it's been about 9 months now no cigs! I got my mom to quit smoking and to start vaping as well. Brain injuries are a terrible thing. You wake up a different person than you were before and everyone has to adjust to who you are now. There are no support groups around here so I hope when I'm doing well enough, in a few months, I want to try to start one up. My life story will start again there. My name. Almost forgot. My name is Lauren.

Nice to meet you Lauren.

Wow... it sounds like you have been Thru a Lot. But Never Gave Up.

And that's the Key to Life. Never Giving Up.

:thumb:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I love how you think! First I want to say I read somewhere that the single battery DNA 75 was a questionable device. . I can't say where or who said that. That's why I never looked at one. I definitely agree with you on the "door hole" squonk. Maybe that's part of what's aggravating me with these. The Athena is well built; However the Pulse is too boxy and big for my hands and the Ram there is a delay in firing and if I should drop it the box will shatter in a million pieces. Neither feel like they will last me. Not as much as I vape. For anyone interested I actually have 2 Rams and both have the delay in firing so that's just normal. I've had small problems I've had to fix with each mod. Little things, but it just gets aggravating.

Now, that Coppervape mod? That is awesome! I've never seen those! Nor have I heard of them. That is something I would love to have. Thank y'all for mentioning it. I absolutely love squonking. I see now I definitely should only look into the "side cut" squonks.
Superduper. Do try a CopperVape. They're cheap, as I mentioned, and pretty near bullet proof. I use mine a lot. I find I actually like the brass one better than the aluminum, but as ZoiD says, they are heavier. One of these days, as soon as I find my roundtuit, I'm going to polish the brass one. I suspect it'll be a gleaming little thing then :)

Lol, just noticed your location line. I'm a BOI myself, but I now live up in the frozen wastelands of Tarrant County, not far from the Oklahoma border.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread