Well, I guess I need to try and find a new E-Cig supplier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parliament

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Dayton, Ohio
Now, let me say first off I don't want to bash any company, but I have really had bad luck with Janty products. I really want to like them.

The following is a letter I typed up to Janty that kind of explains the situation:

"Hello,

I recieved my Dura-C Kit one week ago, and now both batteries, and both atomizers, in any combination, have failed. They produce vapor still, but it is harsh electric tasting vapor.

I would like to return my Dura-C kit. I have been having bad luck with Janty, the customer service has been fairly good (although I am still waiting on a Mini Fogger kit (Order 19XX) I ordered over a month ago, and an extra mini fogger battery I mailed to Janty over a month ago after one failed).

I honestly really want to like Janty, the customer service has been pretty good. The products look great, the packaging is nice, but the products just seem to fail way too soon. I understand this is a relatively new industry, but my Dura-C doesnt work after 1 week of very light use, and after following all of the battery charging instructions to a "T".

I would like to send my kit back and recieve a refund if possible. If not, I will take a replacement kit, but I would really just prefer a refund. I might give Janty another shot in another 6 months or so, but for now I am going to have to put things on hold until the kinks are worked out.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed, and please let me know of a proper mailing address. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jason XXXXXX"

-------------------

So I guess thats it. I just have bad luck or something.

The Dura-C gave me incredible throat hits, and I was a big fan of it, for the week I had it. Although during that week, I barely even used it (I am still on analogs, and was planning to switch over to the Dura exclusively in the near future).

So, I guess this is the million dollar question...

Who do I try out next?

I am kind of afraid of generic e-cigs, call me a prude or whatever, but I liked that Janty at least has the appearance of being a high quality product.

Can anyone reccomend a product (preferably a Mini, or close to that size) that is actually dependable, gives good throat hits, and doesn't leak like crazy?

I know e-cigs seem to be a bit of a gamble, but gosh, a week or working product? Thats terrible. Especially considering I spent about $100 bucks between the dura and accessories. Not to mention a couple hundred more on other Janty products. Grr.

Thats my rant. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
they will probably end up sending you a replacement kit...

that said.. if you MUST switch.. and obviously you're relatively new if you're still analogging it.. i'd suggest either a dse901.. pretty much any company will do.. if pressed to suggest one.. Puresmoker, Litecig, or Altsmoke.. you'll find them down in the supplier list front page..

that would be the "mini" recommendation... now for the FOG effect.. i suggest trying a dse801 (classic penstyle).. hard to come up with specific recommendation for those as Puresmoker usually has them.. but the others i've tried are currently out of stock..

btw.. don't shy too far away from the idea of a "generic".. in ecigs expensive doesn't actually mean "better".. if you read up in the forum you'll find most times expensive = WORST

chokmah

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
Austin Texas
Although I am new to e-cigs I have not had any issues with most everything I have bought from Puresmoker. I thought I had a temermental usb passthrough but think it was now just a connection issue with one of our atomizers. Now I did say new as that order was done on 2-5-09. Still that is a working penstyle and another ordered after that one as well as liquids and carts.

I would check out others here as sometimes you may see something that just clicks which will make the experience even better.

Parliament

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Dayton, Ohio
they will probably end up sending you a replacement kit...

that said.. if you MUST switch.. and obviously you're relatively new if you're still analogging it.. i'd suggest either a dse901.. pretty much any company will do.. if pressed to suggest one.. Puresmoker, Litecig, or Altsmoke.. you'll find them down in the supplier list front page..

that would be the "mini" recommendation... now for the FOG effect.. i suggest trying a dse801 (classic penstyle).. hard to come up with specific recommendation for those as Puresmoker usually has them.. but the others i've tried are currently out of stock..

btw.. don't shy too far away from the idea of a "generic".. in ecigs expensive doesn't actually mean "better".. if you read up in the forum you'll find most times expensive = WORST

Well the thing is, I am kinda new, but I used the mini fogger to quit for 2 weeks, then went back to analogs (I am weak), had one of my mini fogger batteries die, then decided to wait a month or so to get my Dura-C.

So I have been doing this altogether for 2-3 months now.

I really wish there was more variety, with names like dse801, dse901, 510 etc, it doesnt really inspire much confidence in the product. It sounds like k-mart. I figured with janty i was getting a lexus, although it doesn't seem like that thinking strategy really applies to e-cigs.

Thanks for the reply, I will look into the e-cigs you listed.

Programmer

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I really wish there was more variety, with names like dse801, dse901, 510 etc, it doesnt really inspire much confidence in the product. It sounds like k-mart. I figured with janty i was getting a lexus, although it doesn't seem like that thinking strategy really applies to e-cigs.

You're right, that thinking strategy certainly doesn't apply to e-cigs. If it did, Smoking Everywhere [tm] would be the Ferrari of the e-cig world. Hey, they got a physical presence in malls, they've just GOT to be good, right?

With only a handful of manufacturers, what's there is there. Does it really matter what they _call_ it?

Let me ask you this: If you're going to buy a flashlight, would you rather buy one that only takes JoltaVolt 1.5V batteries or one that takes AA batteries? JoltaVolt sure sounds better. Better hope they're still in business when you need some more. (Nevermind that they're just AA batteries in disguise anyway, and you gotta be a friggin detective to find that out.)

I guess my long-winded point of all this is: In this stage of the game with all these mom-and-pop suppliers, FDA crackdowns looming, etc, I WANT my stuff to be called something boring and standard. Cause I can get it anywhere. The second you put some 'name' on it I don't recognize I'm staying far FAR away until you have the market cap of say RJR.

In a word, interchangeable parts. (Ok that was two words.) :)

Parliament

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Dayton, Ohio
Programmer, you bring up some interesting points.
The ease of finding parts is certainly attractive.

I decided to give Janty another shot, they already emailed me, and said they would give me a refund or give me a replacement.

Their customer service replied so fast, I kinda feel obligated to give them another shot. Not to mention, when it worked, the Dura-C was killer.

If things turn sour with my next Dura-C I will try something else, but I guess I am going to give Janty one more shot to keep my business.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
Who sellsthe 510 here in the US? I had to order an atomizer (yeah, just one, I want to see how it goes. And so far not good) from Janty cause I can't find anyone with 510/Yeti kits or parts. Is Janty USA the only one who sells Janty in the USA? Kinda seems logical, huh?

i don't know if any us suppliers are carrying 510 anymore other than jantyusa... shame too.. as i LOVE my Yeti.. and if i can't find parts for it thwen they die.. imma be very sad:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread