Well...that's WEIRD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2pksAday

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
U.S
I'm down to approx. three 'real' ciggs a day..have been for over a week.
The weirdest thing happened this afternoon.
I took a nap earlier (not feeling to good today :unsure:) and when I woke up I immediately grabbed my smokes and lit one up...but when I took a 'drag' of it, it was like smoking a 'light' cigarette. There was hardly any of the normal 'full flavor' cessation. I kept puffing on it thinking to myself "what the hell is wrong with this cigarette...taste like a damn 'light'"

I then reached for my clearo and took a few puffs on that...MUCH BETTER.
Perfect cessation in the back of my throat, perfect amount of 'vapor'...

So..I light up yet another 'real' cigarette LOL...cause at this point, I'm thinking that perhaps it's just me, but nope...AGAIN, the same thing happens.
I've been smoking the same brand, 2 packs a day, full flavor, 100's, for YEARS...and now, since using my clearomizer this past week, it's like I can't 'taste' my real cigarettes or like someone switched them out for ultra lights, LOL!

Does that sound weird??

I'm using 'tobacco' flavored e-liquids, 18mg nicotine (80vg/20pg)....

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
After 2 months and Iam still at 3 cigs per day--kinda discouraged about that but I noticed the same thing. Analogs taste almost tasteless--thought there was something wrong with me.

I was having the same problem and someone here suggested I might benefit from WTA juice. It is a bit expensive, but I decided to give it a try. I got it today and added a little bit to my regular juice and it does the trick! I am not pacifier vaping, I feel calm and have zero thoughts about a cigarette. I will try to wean myself off of it and get back to regular nic juice, but in the meantime the WTA will be keeping me well away from the death sticks!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Does not sound weird to me at all (but I'm just weird anyway). The same thing happened to me accept my normal brand cigarette that I had smoked for so many years, started tasting nasty to me. I had no intention of quitting but I enjoyed vaping so much, it just happened. Continued success to you and I look forward to reading more about your journey. Happy vaping to you.
good.gif

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
I'm thinkin' that the issues you folks are describing as weird is what I would describe as great. I started vapin' and have never tried or wanted a cig since. In fact, I gave away 3 1/2 cartons after going a couple of weeks without wanting one. So, sorry I never experienced your weird issue, only my great one.

That IS great EBates and I am happy for you that you had no trouble switching over to vaping! Sadly for some of us it isn't that easy, but we do stick with it and keep trying our best. With a little effort, trial and error we to will make the switch. :D

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Took me a month to switch over. Yeah, I do know what you mean by the cigarettes just weren't cutting it after getting a good vape system.

Some are able to stop right away, others take some time to do it. Count the ones you Don't have, not the ones you do. Let the vape take over :)

Welcome to the forum :D

Dini

Jan 14, 2015
Australia
Doesn't sound weird to me either. I started Vaping as an experiment 6 weeks ago. I'm In Australia, so I have to get my nicotine on line. The evening it arrived I prepared my juice (thinking .....this is never going to replace my beloved menthols), and consciously stayed with my starter pack. Next morning, as usual, I grabbed my packet and lit up....DISGUSTING. I Tried another one 5 days ago, no 'hit' just a reay nasty chemical flavour on the first puff of a fresh pack. Second puff saw it butted out, and the pack given away.

Last edited:

2pksAday

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
U.S
I have very much been enjoying everyone's reply and want to thank you AGAIN.
I have to be truthful in saying that I'm quite envious of those members who have been able to quit 'smoking' just like that..
I've not been able to do that YET.

For me, this past week when I've lit up a cigarette, it's not so much that I've been craving one or that I'm anxious in the way you get when your trying to 'wean' off nicotine. I think it's been more of a psychological dependency, up and over a nicotine dependency. Cigarettes have been with me the better part of my life, almost 30 years. There isn't a day that has gone by that I haven't had them either on me or by me at all times. I think I mentioned this before in another thread, but for me, it's a little scary letting go of those last 3 or so ciggs.
I have about 10 cigarettes left right at this moment and earlier today the thought came over me "what am I going to do when they are gone?" which I have to tell you, left me feeling somewhat depressed, so much so that I actually called my husband to pick me up a pack of smokes on his way home from work.
It's not that I want to or even feel much of a desire to smoke them these days...but just knowing they are right there is comforting to me.
And what do I do in the mornings? Again, it sounds stupid, but for 30 years, just as soon as I wake up, the first thing I do is smoke.
When I woke up this morning I actually lay there for about 10 minutes trying to talk myself out of lighting up a cigarette, but for the life of me, I just felt compelled to light up so I could then go about my normal morning activities without thinking about it.
I'm sure someone who has never smoke will read this and perhaps think that this all sounds stupid, but I'm not quite sure how else to describe it.

I'm glad that my 'analogs' are starting to have less and less appeal and like someone mentioned above, hopefully there will come that day where I can comfortably let go completely.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Some are able to stop right away, others take some time to do it. Count the ones you Don't have, not the ones you do. Let the vape take over :)

Exactly what I was thinking. Many vapers are somewhere between cutting down smoking and not smoking at all, and as long as you are smoking less it is a victory!

Some of us still have an occasional cigarette and it's no reason to be hard on yourself, you are still making a huge positive step for your health. That morning habit is a hard one to break, but when you're ready to give it a shot, start the day with no smokes in the house and vape heavily with that first coffee. The nicotine rush should help you kill off the cravings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread