Well there you have it: JUUL ordered to remove products from market

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
They did get a stay, but stock is down everywhere from people hording and the price has gone way up.
Here's the official message I received from Juul.

We are writing to provide an update on recent regulatory and legal news & inform you that all JUUL products remain available for purchase.

Background:

On Thursday, June 23rd, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration denied authorization to market JUUL products in the United States. Today, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit granted Juul Labs an emergency administrative stay of enforcement which temporarily blocks the FDA’s marketing denial order while the company appeals the FDA’s decision.

While the stay is in effect, all of our products remain available for sale.

What does this mean for me?

You can continue purchasing all JUUL products on JUUL.com and in your retail store as we go through the legal and regulatory process. If you are an Auto-Ship subscriber, your next subscription order will process normally on the next scheduled date.

What happens next?

We are pursuing all of our options under the FDA’s regulations and the law, including appealing the decision and engaging with our regulator. We remain committed to doing all in our power to continue serving the millions of American adult smokers who have successfully used our products to transition away from combustible cigarettes, which remain available on market shelves nationwide.

We strongly disagree with the FDA’s decision, and continue to believe we have provided sufficient information and data based on high-quality research to address all issues raised by the agency. We stand behind our science and our submissions.

We will continue to keep you informed as news arises.

We have been overwhelmed by the support and stories shared by folks like you in the JUUL community.

Thank you!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    289667785_10226404156025693_599145556211250498_n.jpg

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    There are over 5000 teen deaths related to alcohol every year. Has anyone heard anything about them pulling any alcohol with fruit flavors from the shelf. Maybe the government is not concerned they are dying long as they don't get addicted.

I’ve been saying this for years! Walk into any liquor store and look at who they marketing is aimed at with their bright colors and nifty names. This country just doesn’t make much sense so much of the time.

Then there’s the marijuana shops selling edible GUMMY BEARS and cookies. Way more dangerous driving under the influence than e juice.

What about the kids then. Such bull crap.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Well, if I Juul was my preferred thing, I would be hoarding too. :blush:

If the Only Thing that stands between Me and a Pack of Cigarettes is a JUUL, then I would have a Huge Pile of JUUL Pods and Devices. That is what makes Me so conflicted on this Entire FDA JUUL Ban.

On one side you have the Most Crooked Scam ever conceived by a Government Agency. A Trial to see if your Product meets the FDA's Health and Public Safety Standards. But the FDA Doesn't tell you what you Standards are. Or How even they are Measured. But they are Somehow Higher than existing Combustible Tobacco Products that are currently on the Market.

On the Other you have Altria/JUUL with their BT Azzholery. And the Trainload of Bad PR and Negative Consequences that they brought to the e-cigarette market. But JUUL has gotten some people to Quit Smoking. Or Launched people into something that Did Down the Road.

It is Easy for Me to Hate on JUUL. But at least they Did Help some people Quit Smoking. That Can't be Said for the FDA. Even though they would like You to Believe that they have.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    If the Only Thing that stands between Me and a Pack of Cigarettes is a JUUL, then I would have a Huge Pile of JUUL Pods and Devices.
    Yeah, but you'd be missing an arm and a leg, because that's how much a huge pile of Juul stuff would cost. :eek:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    There should be a prize for who ever can answer this question. Intellectual consistency, sometimes known as integrity, is not a hallmark of the political class.

Easy: existing products are "grandfathered"

Recall that in the past America tried a liquor prohibition and it failed miserably! Going from that example, they could not possibly attempt one with combustible tobacco products.

While it has been said countless times if alcohol and/or tobacco products NEVER existed and were introduced today as "new" products they would never get approved.

g.

Reactions: MLEJ

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Where's the "grandfather" provision in the regs allowing cigarettes to exist and vape to cease existence?
    I don't think the issue raised by Balph the has been addressed nor will it be.

But, if I am wrong, you have won the prize.

Easy: existing products are "grandfathered"

Recall that in the past America tried a liquor prohibition and it failed miserably! Going from that example, they could not possibly attempt one with combustible tobacco products.

While it has been said countless times if alcohol and/or tobacco products NEVER existed and were introduced today as "new" products they would never get approved.

g.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Izan

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Where's the "grandfather" provision in the regs allowing cigarettes to exist and vape to cease existence?
    I don't think the issue raised by Balph the has been addressed nor will it be.

But, if I am wrong, you have won the prize.

Vaping devices are new. Burning tobacco is centuries old.

g.

• Agree
    Reactions: Katmar
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread