What accessories should I always have on hand for a reomergency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PansSiren

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2012
Denver
My Grand arrives today, YAY! It's also payday, that means more stuff about to be on it's way! Again, YAY!

So what stuff do you always have on hand for a reomergency? Should I stock up on or at least have one extra of: feed tubes, reducer tubes, tube kit, repair kit, springs, etc?

With my Vmod, I had a different bottle for each flavor I had. Do you use a different bottle AND tube for each flavor with a Reo?

Are the button covers more comfortable than the stock button?

I'll definitely be picking up a reomizer - do I need anything else for this (besides coil/wick supplies and multimeter)? Does it come with a hex key? O-rings are out of stock on the Reo site and I have about 10 extras from my VmodXL, does anyone know if these fit or what size the reo ones are?

Anything else you can think of??

Roland007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Alberta, Canada
I always have a couple rebuild kits. At the very least you would want a hotspring or two and an extra bottle a tube perhaps.

I found button covers to be very comfortable but for me I ended up taking mine off because it was too easy to mash the button hard, damaging the firing pin. That's just me though. Most people like them I think.

Reomizer comes with a screwdriver, at least mine did.

I dont use a different bottle or tube when changing flavours. Just rinse them out if need be.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I agree with an extra spring. The tubing should last for a long time, but in case of a juice or flavor that might want to stick around a new tube/cap could come in handy.

I like the button covers. Not a thing you need, but might be a good choice.

Robert no longer sells the Reomizer on site. He made a post about it yesterday. You can PM him if you want one.

Most times your REO will go for months or years without needing anything. But a quick spring collapse that you can fix is very nice.

I like the spare REO idea much better. Not only does it give you a way to have two flavors of juice, it lets you still have a REO if one must go for repair. Picking up a used one in the classys makes that really easy.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Backup REO when monies allow.

Several springs. (You may never need them but using RBAs increases your chances of short and spring melt on unregulated REO.) (I had any atty short first REO with melted button. Haven't had any more button melts with other shorts/spring collapse. Then I went almost a year, with multiple REOs, without any shorts. Then, all of a sudden I had several shorts on Metal and Wood REOs, using Smoketech cartos. )

Metal REOs easy-peasy to put in new spring. Woodvils need basic soldering skills or trip to REO Spa.

One rebuild kit should do you.

2-3 tube/cap combos and a few bottles. (Some juices swell cap o-ring that can usually be shrunk but not always. If I'm remembering correctly the cap o-ring is size .... forget .... maybe #47. It is same size as many common DT o-rings.)

Sorry can't advise on o-ring for REOmizer as to size. They are really easy to lose when you take REOmizer off and forget about the o-ring. I lost several that way. So I ordered 10 o-rings.;)

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
The button topper is nice. Most people love them. My DH is a button masher so it keeps him from mashing too much until the cap slips down and then won't allow firing. A little piece of something between cap and button stops this. I used a little, thin magnet as I had some on hand.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
The reotiredmizer comes with phillips screws and a small screwdriver. The replacements available on reosmods.com are allen screws and a hex key.

The standard oring is Buna-N O-Ring, 1 mm Width, 10 mm ID. Some people have needed to step up to a Buna-N O-Ring, 1.5 mm Width, 10 mm ID. They both are available from McMaster Carr where in qtys of 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread