What are some good pod mods in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
My Sister wants to go back to vaping. She has an aspire Pockex and likes it but tried a pod mod the other day (without knowing it was one until I told her after she described it) and said she prefers is as no maintenence and refilling and changing coils etc.

I've tried juul and found it 'okay' but a bit light so didn't recommend it as she's comign straight of cigs.

She'd like something shape and size like the pockex or Juul but with probably a bit more vapour production than the Juul.

Cheers.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Tiny mods like the juul and pockets produce requisitely tiny amounts of vapor. For more vapor you need a bigger battery which means a bigger mod. The lostvape orion has a rep for producing lots of vapor for a pod mod. It’s a good bit larger than a juul though and I don’t know if it’s available in the UK or not

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
Does she want draw activation or a button to push?
The Minifit is button activated and is kind of middle of the road in vapor production.
It benefits from a high nicotine e-liquid with 70% or less VG.
The kit plus spare pods and a bottle of 18mg/ml should be in the 25-30 quid range.

HTH
I

Did you let her try the HNB unit?

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Nah she won't try the IQOS. Weird. Will smoke cigs and vape but IQOS is too 'weird' for most people. Nobody I know will even try a puff on it lol. And they all smoke like troopers and go on and off vape.

Minifit looks okay but she would prefer closed mod, not have to bother with liquids etc, just pop pods on and off.

The one she tried was like a crescent shape that fit the hand but I cannot identify it so far...

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Tiny mods like the juul and pockets produce requisitely tiny amounts of vapor. For more vapor you need a bigger battery which means a bigger mod. The lostvape orion has a rep for producing lots of vapor for a pod mod. It’s a good bit larger than a juul though and I don’t know if it’s available in the UK or not

Orion open mod, she wants to just pop pods on and off....

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Nah she won't try the IQOS. Weird. Will smoke cigs and vape but IQOS is too 'weird' for most people. Nobody I know will even try a puff on it lol. And they all smoke like troopers and go on and off vape.

Minifit looks okay but she would prefer closed mod, not have to bother with liquids etc, just pop pods on and off.

The one she tried was like a crescent shape that fit the hand but I cannot identify it so far...
Ain't humans strange? :toast:
Maybe it was the sorin drop or the Rolo badge she tried.
Sorry, I have not investigated non refillable pods.

I'm not endorsing BLU: But it's not bad for £6.
myblu starter kit - a better way to vape | blu

Cheers
I

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

The iQOS has some issues. It’s sort of partway between smoking and vaping in many ways one of which is safety. It’s also quite expensive to run.

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
You might be better off asking on a UK centric site. Although the servers and site owners are in the UK, most of the members here are based in the USA.

My sister tried the myBlu but found the juice would flood her mouth and the flavours weren't that good. (and in my opinion, nor were the strengths available - max 1.6% (16mg) in some flavours only)

If your sister is willing to compromise with regard to filling the pod, her choices would be much better/wider.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah the Innokin one looks good and some of they Joytech ones... TBH though I'm wary of recommending, I always find if it doesn't go well people blame you, best if they pick their own actually with help from the person in the store... I think I'll just recommend she does that....

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
TL;DR: Jwell Bo

The Jwell Bo is readily available here and takes pre-filled pods. Been around for a while, so plenty of reviews by now.

Alternatives: If you're strict about UK in-store availability, I'm not so sure, but these two come to mind:

- Aspire Kwit Stick
- Vladdin

Both can take pre-filled pods, but you may need to order online. I have the Vladdin and it works well. They're both draw activated.

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
I'd really recommend the new Aspire Nautilus AIO. It is using Nautilus coils that are readily available everywhere and because it uses nautilus you can try a different range of flavours and vapor production with a very compact device that has sufficient battery life. Also the breeze 2 seems legit. And there are special coils for nic salts too which is something she might want to try if she like cigs so much. Cuz that stuff is really kicking it: Aspire Nautilus AIO Kit - Aspire® Official Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread