What are you Aging? and How are you aging it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calve

Fat Bob Squadron
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2014
Sweet Home Alabama
naw... just want to make some really nice juice for myself and a few interested in trying mine... but untill I have something very worthwhile, Ill just abuse Retic with samples.. :)

Feel free to abuse me too BK! I get down to NOLA all the time. Was just there for a huge oyster festival a couple weeks ago. Pure gluttony.

Nanooks

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Salt Lake
So far I have only tried the Cherry Bomb (extra) flavor but have a handful of NETs on the way. What I have noticed after the initial decap time its very cherry of course with that slight crème note as described. Right around the 2 week mark the cherry comes to a peak. By week 3 the crème note comes to a peak, week 4 the flavors start to fade slightly. I keep running out at the 4 week mark. Need to double order my next order so I can see past that. Still my all day. Still better than anything I have ever vaped. Those NETs will provide a wonderful distraction so I can age my next order.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So far I have only tried the Cherry Bomb (extra) flavor but have a handful of NETs on the way. What I have noticed after the initial decap time its very cherry of course with that slight crème note as described. Right around the 2 week mark the cherry comes to a peak. By week 3 the crème note comes to a peak, week 4 the flavors start to fade slightly. I keep running out at the 4 week mark. Need to double order my next order so I can see past that. Still my all day. Still better than anything I have ever vaped. Those NETs will provide a wonderful distraction so I can age my next order.

Yep, steeping is much easier when your inventory gets ahead of the game. :)

Calve

Fat Bob Squadron
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2014
Sweet Home Alabama
filtered the 3 Cherry and Honey Maple and have them reducing at the moment.... and the Honey Maple is smelling really good.... think I need to send Hula a sample :)

She could probably use all your 400mg nicotine juice too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
started a new batch of juice... golden cavendish with spiced rum, lite rum, burley and Virginia flake... the tobacco smells awesome, did a pinch of it tween the lipngum... very smooth. we will find out in a few days as to how this turns out... as of right now, the extract ( tobacco and Everclear) is smelling wonderful....

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I am glad to hear about the age/steep factor. I have ordered from HHV for the first time. I have not received my order yet. All of my flavors were tobacco, except one, that would be Vanilla Dream. I had planned to give them a whirl when they got here, then age them more. So far my two favorite juices are Boba's Bounty, and Black Bear. I did not age either one. They were good from the get go, to me. Sure I bet they are better over time. But I have only been vaping since Oct 31st...so I don't have a large stock to have time to steep. (I am working on that though) I did order 200ml of Boba's Bounty, so I could age some of it. It is getting better over time, no doubt. Would people recommend I not try it when it gets here then? I guess my main loves are the tobacco flavors, since I seem to prefer them. I also like Vanilla, Clove, and Coconut. I saw the HHV website, and those flavors just looked awesome to me, from the descriptions. I have always wanted a sweet pipe tobacco flavor. (not cheap, but sweet...lol..there is a difference)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Thank you MostlySunny. Here is my list.

1 White Lie (Purity)(Nicotine Level-6mg,Bottle Size-15ml,PG/VG
Ratio-50/50,Add Menthol?-No Menthol)
1 Legend (Purity)(Nicotine Level-12mg,Bottle Size-6ml,PG/VG
Ratio-40/60,Add Menthol?-No Menthol)
1 E-Liquid 3ml Sample 4 Pack (12mg 70/30)(Flavor #1-Dragons
Fire,Flavor #2-Sludge,Flavor #3-Vanilla Dream,Flavor
#4-Shadow)
1 Serendipity (Purity)(Nicotine Level-12mg,Bottle
Size-15ml,PG/VG Ratio-50/50,Add Menthol?-No Menthol)
1 Pirate's Booty (Purity)(Nicotine Level-12mg,Bottle
Size-6ml,PG/VG Ratio-50/50,Add Menthol?-No Menthol)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Thank you MostlySunny. Here is my list.

1 White Lie (Purity)(Nicotine Level-6mg,Bottle Size-15ml,
PG/VG Ratio-50/50, Add Menthol?-No Menthol)

1 Legend (Purity)(Nicotine Level-12mg,Bottle Size-6ml,
PG/VG Ratio-40/60,Add Menthol?-No Menthol)

1 E-Liquid 3ml Sample 4 Pack (12mg 70/30)
Flavor #1-Dragons Fire
Flavor #2-Sludge
Flavor #3-Vanilla Dream
Flavor #4-Shadow

1 Serendipity (Purity)(Nicotine Level-12mg,Bottle Size-15ml,
PG/VG Ratio-50/50,Add Menthol?-No Menthol)

1 Pirate's Booty (Purity)(Nicotine Level-12mg,Bottle Size-6ml,
PG/VG Ratio-50/50,Add Menthol?-No Menthol)

How are you liking those, KKay?
I'm thinking Pirate's Booty might come close to that sweet pipe tobacco you were looking for. Of course, Legend or Sludge might do it too.
Vape 'em till you like 'em! :toast:

ETD: Don't think you got them yet - my bad. :facepalm: Let us know how you like them when they do come in. :2cool:

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I'm not really ageing anything, it's all in rotation being vaped.

Things have changed some since my last post here:

Last of the Gaia is in the BigBuddha/Panzer :( I know, but savouring the last couple ml.

The rest of the HHV juices have been put on the back burner, so to speak, as I taste test some new samples and reunite with some old favs from NET.com.

Here's what's left:
Huntsman & Maple Eh? have been blended to make Maple Huntsman Eh? (50ml left).
Still have about 40ml of Georgia Peach Tobacco.
And maybe 60ml of Pirate's Booty
Adam's Apple maybe 20ml
Sweet Swish almost 25ml
Strawberry Lemonade 15ml

From NET.com we'll start with the smallest samples and work our way up.

5ml bottles:
The Boss (gone)
Mocha Cafe' (gone)
Deep Caramel Pipe & the last 10 drops of Orange Blossom Honey, simmering in the KFMini. Num, num.

10ml bottles:
Black Cherry (gone)
Bourbon-Seasoned (5ml)
N-E-T Custom "Smoked Leaf" (1ml?)

15ml bottles:
Chris' Blend (5ml)
Balkan (15ml)

60ml bottles:
Black Cavendish (55ml)
Cognac Infused (40ml)
Rum Rebellion (55ml)

Last, but definitely not least, we have about 40ml of BunnyKiller's, Rum Tobacco, which is also kind of ageing in the wings.

For what it's worth, there you have my entire stash setting on, or in my vape station desk. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread