What are you looking for in a version 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Who said the math was difficult? Or that VW was new?

The whole point of VW is so that you don't have to think about the math! And certainly don't need a fancy chart with all of the equations just to get a consistent vape... across multiple atties, no matter the ohms!

Please tell me... why would you be AGAINST variable wattage? I truly don't understand why anyone would not want it...

Maybe its because you don't have any VW devices, as you noted?

Using either vv or vw you don't have to use math or think about anything, start off low and work your way up to find your sweet spot.

If you already know the sweet spot for the combo you're using, set it, it doesn't make one bit of difference if you set the power in V's or W's, the juice & delivery device doesn't know or care and can't tell the difference, all it knows is that it is getting power.

I am against adding VW because none of the VW devices Ive owned provided me any benefit in any way over VV.
Adding features adds menu items to scroll past or through, more features adds to the possibility of unreliability / malfunction, may add to the cost of the device for what some folks consider unwanted / useless features.
IMO, There are many devices that have VW already, folks that think there is a benefit or want VW should chose one of those.

Megabyt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
SoCal
Please don't take my post as argumentative... capisce!? I just wanted to know why you felt so strongly against VW. Not starting a fight, as you put it...

In my mind, I don't agree with the statement "It adds no value to the mod", since it DOES add a feature that 8/10 people want. Just go look at Provape's Facebook page every time they post something "new" (or should I say, new colors).

If you don't want to use the VW feature, fine, so be it, stick with VV mode... I'm just still looking for a valid reason on why VW is a bad idea. Again, no argument here, just seeking honest and valued input!

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Some of us have been through quite a few devices to find what works best for us. Some folks prefer the steady accurate output of a Provari over any VW device.

I don't want VW added because the cruise control / set it and forget it hype never once actually worked that way or added a single benefit to my vaping experience.
I don't want the option eliminated of being able to buy a device without features I have determined to be problematic & worthless to me .

It isn't that I think one is better than the other for everyone, I know through a great deal of cost and experience what works best for me.
No matter what a person adjusts - 4v / 2ohm = 8w & 2a ~ 8w / 2ohm = 4v & 2a.

Seems like you think vw is something everyone wants/needs, it isn't so.
Don't be one of those ' you have to vape my way or you're wrong ' kind of people.

If you feel like VW is a 'must have' there are many other good devices to chose from.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I don't actually think that the argument that VW is a simple plug and play necessarily holds much truth, esp if you mess around with diff builds and diff juice tbh.

Even with my VW mod, I go to my usual 9.5W, and adjust it around till I get my preferred vape. The truth is resistance is only one of the variables to consider. Chances are if you're gonna have to adjust the wattage as much as you would on a VV mod when you switch toppers.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Megabyt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
SoCal
Seems like you think vw is something everyone wants/needs, it isn't so.
Don't be one of those ' you have to vape my way or you're wrong ' kind of people.

I'm sorry, you misjudged me... and also twisted what I have said. Yes, I think a Provari v3 without VW will cause people to wig out and go nuts (based on the input I see every single day on their Facebook page), but I never said you must agree with me or vape my way... that's just crazy talk.

OK, yes, I do believe that VW is the way going forward (just look at the uptake of DNA devices), but that doesn't mean I don't love my current VV-only Provari as much as you. So ya, I DO hope for VW in the next version, and I am certainly not alone on this, but is it not OK for me to wish for this? Or do I have to conform to your request to not have it?

Again, I was trying not to be argumentative, just trying to figure out why anyone would be against VW so much so that they would not buy a V3 if it was added to the product... as some have said.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I'm sorry, you misjudged me... and also twisted what I have said. Yes, I think a Provari v3 without VW will cause people to wig out and go nuts (based on the input I see every single day on their Facebook page), but I never said you must agree with me or vape my way... that's just crazy talk.

OK, yes, I do believe that VW is the way going forward (just look at the uptake of DNA devices), but that doesn't mean I don't love my current VV-only Provari as much as you. So ya, I DO hope for VW in the next version, and I am certainly not alone on this, but is it not OK for me to wish for this? Or do I have to conform to your request to not have it?

Again, I was trying not to be argumentative, just trying to figure out why anyone would be against VW so much so that they would not buy a V3 if it was added to the product... as some have said.

The uptake of the DNA devices has little to do with VW. It has more to do with being able to run a regulated mod at 20 watts, and to perform sub-ohm vaping on a regulated mod.

Which is why I want expanded power output and lower ohm minimums on V3. I am not trying to say there is anything wrong with VW, mind you, just that most users are getting the DNA to go sub-ohm.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
From what I understand, VW drains the battery quicker..

Besides, VW isn't exactly entirely accurate to begin with

I have a VV/VW, and have always used the VW mode just out of habit, perhaps since it was my first "real" PV

And I find myself switching its settings pretty much just as often as I do on my ProVari

Sorry, but VW is not "set it & forget it"

I honestly don't see the appeal & hoopla about VW.. and if ProVape puts it in V3, the "haterz" will just find something else to whine about...

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I didn't own a Provari until recently and because of that I never posted in the Provari Forum. Now I do on both accounts.

It's curious to see how what I have to call herd mentality has convinced the herd that what a wider audience wants and expects in an upgrade to a commercial product is viewed as unnecessary or even heretical. It's comical in a sense to see the rationalizations voiced. "If it was good enough for grandpa it's good enough for me" comes to mind. Newcomers quickly become absorbed in the perceived wisdom of their "elders".

Automatic transmissions and power windows in a vehicle are viewed by most as desirable features although they're not functionally necessary and perhaps not as reliable in some cases. "I can figure out what gear I need to shift into without some new fangled thing to do it for me!". Still, most prefer improved features whether the purists want it or not. The market will drive change in the end, not the diehard purists.

What approaches an absolute is that without change most tech products will die if not updated to at least match the competition.

The Provari is a great device with an unmatched track record of reliability and customer service. That is undeniable. But it is outdated despite the protestations and rationalizations of the vocal purists. To remain commercially viable I cannot see how Provape can continue to ignore what is going on around them.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
The Provari is a great device with an unmatched track record of reliability and customer service. That is undeniable. But it is outdated despite the protestations and rationalizations of the vocal purists. To remain commercially viable I cannot see how Provape can continue to ignore what is going on around them.

ProVape comes out with ZenKote ProVari...renders everything else obsolete. :p

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
It certainly is not. It may be on your wish list, but I seriously could not care less. Not a single device I use has VW. Honestly, the math is just not that difficult.

When I know my ohms, I know the wattage based on the voltage I am applying.

electricwheel_zps86704564.png

Only the folks a ProVape know what they will put in the new device. But they are talking about a new technology that they are testing. What is 'new' about VW?

In any case, it would be nice if we could just see the new V3. Maybe we will all get what we wish for...

Personally, I'm glad we can't see what they are working on...because if WE could see it, there would be someone in a far away land trying to clone it or worse, beat them to it. Let the folks at ProVape perfect it, and put it on the market and blowing everything else out of the water

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
Automatic transmissions and power windows in a vehicle are viewed by most as desirable features although they're not functionally necessary and perhaps not as reliable in some cases.

Digital speedometers and steering wheels with self-winding watches never caught on, though. ;)

LastRide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
Canada
It certainly is not. It may be on your wish list, but I seriously could not care less. Not a single device I use has VW. Honestly, the math is just not that difficult.

When I know my ohms, I know the wattage based on the voltage I am applying.

electricwheel_zps86704564.png

Only the folks a ProVape know what they will put in the new device. But they are talking about a new technology that they are testing. What is 'new' about VW?

In any case, it would be nice if we could just see the new V3. Maybe we will all get what we wish for...

Just simple kindergarten arithmetic. I'm just trying to save face around here. People in the other E-cig forums are going to think a bunch of dummies hang around here. It's just a matter of lift vs drag and rotation. :D

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I didn't own a Provari until recently and because of that I never posted in the Provari Forum. Now I do on both accounts.

It's curious to see how what I have to call herd mentality has convinced the herd that what a wider audience wants and expects in an upgrade to a commercial product is viewed as unnecessary or even heretical. It's comical in a sense to see the rationalizations voiced. "If it was good enough for grandpa it's good enough for me" comes to mind. Newcomers quickly become absorbed in the perceived wisdom of their "elders".

Automatic transmissions and power windows in a vehicle are viewed by most as desirable features although they're not functionally necessary and perhaps not as reliable in some cases. "I can figure out what gear I need to shift into without some new fangled thing to do it for me!". Still, most prefer improved features whether the purists want it or not. The market will drive change in the end, not the diehard purists.

What approaches an absolute is that without change most tech products will die if not updated to at least match the competition.

An interesting take.

ProVape actually doesn't need to appeal to the entire market. If the make a device that satisfies 5% of the market completely, they have more than enough business for a small manufacturing firm.

Just because most users don't really want three buttons, or VW, or a display like the DNA doesn't necessarily equate to 'groupthink' as you assert. Isn't it possible that users who value unbeaten accuracy, durability, first rate service, a constant output regardless of battery life, and simplicity of interface are drawn to this device?

I see a lot of the diehards in here that DO want changes. I have stated that I want a flat top design, expanded power, and a lower ohm minimum in V3. The ProVari V2.5 is not perfect as it is, it is simply very good at all it claims to be.

I don't know what ProVari will have next, but adding VW would not be what I expect. I expect better, something new and unique, not something I can get on 50 other devices. That, to me, would be a 'herd mentality', by following the lead of others.

Roaring thunderously via Tapatalk...

Megabyt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
SoCal
... I have stated that I want a flat top design, expanded power, and a lower ohm minimum in V3...

...I expect better, something new and unique, not something I can get on 50 other devices.

Hmm... OK. So I find these expectations a bit contradicting. You want a flat top, more power, and lower ohms that other devices already provide, but not VW because it somehow isn't new or unique enough?

I'm still extremely confused why the diehard Provari crowd rebels against variable wattage. Reasons I've heard were all based on experiences with other (cheaper) devices or just a lack of understanding of what VW really is. If anybody could get VW done right, it would be Provape. No?

I have purchased 3 ProVari's in the last year and a half, so I felt worthy enough to visit this section and post my thoughts on the device. But it seems that my opinions on the V3 doesn't conform with the cool kids here, so I'll go back to my corner now...

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
An interesting take.

ProVape actually doesn't need to appeal to the entire market. If the make a device that satisfies 5% of the market completely, they have more than enough business for a small manufacturing firm.

Just because most users don't really want three buttons, or VW, or a display like the DNA doesn't necessarily equate to 'groupthink' as you assert. Isn't it possible that users who value unbeaten accuracy, durability, first rate service, a constant output regardless of battery life, and simplicity of interface are drawn to this device?

I see a lot of the diehards in here that DO want changes. I have stated that I want a flat top design, expanded power, and a lower ohm minimum in V3. The ProVari V2.5 is not perfect as it is, it is simply very good at all it claims to be.

I don't know what ProVari will have next, but adding VW would not be what I expect. I expect better, something new and unique, not something I can get on 50 other devices. That, to me, would be a 'herd mentality', by following the lead of others.

Roaring thunderously via Tapatalk...

It's like comparing an iPhone to a Droid. iPhone has single button, very few phone choices, and most apps have very few/limited options to configure (talking core apps-phone, SMS, Mail etc...not 3rd party apps, which can vary)....android platform you have 4 core buttons, a LOT of phone choices, and the core apps are more configurable.

Android people think iPhone needs more of what they have....IPhone people don't want the extra features, they like the better battery life, stability, and simplicity of what they have. Is either side right? If they are happy with what they have, then yes, they both are.
Does it mean that Apple should conform to what Android offers, in order to win that customer base? Should Android offer a "simplified" interface to win over the Apple crowd? It would be crazy to do so, as doing such would most likely not cause many to switch sides... Furthermore, they would not want to risk alienating their loyal customer base. As for the undecided camp, you will have some that would want either style...but again, not worth the risk of damaging the relationship with current loyal customer base.

It's a fine line, and I'm glad the choices are there. I've gone the android route...and the iPhone route....I have gone the multifunction APV route (evic), and gone the simple function workhorse route (ProVari). What my wants, needs and likes are similar to some out there, and different than others, and I made my choices based on that....let me just say this though, in both phones and APVs, I am glad I went the route I did, as I'm not left wondering if I wants/needed/would even use th additional features....but I do know, that I don't miss them by not having them in my devices of choice...and I love the consistency and reliability of both my iPhone and my ProVari.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
I'm still extremely confused why the diehard Provari crowd rebels against variable wattage. Reasons I've heard were all based on experiences with other (cheaper) devices or just a lack of understanding of what VW really is. If anybody could get VW done right, it would be Provape. No?

I don't consider myself a member of a diehard Provari crowd, and I certainly don't rebel about VW, I just find it utterly uninteresting. If Provape can make a VW device that tastes my vape and adjusts it to my preferences, I will buy it. Until that happens, which I suspect will be a very long wait, I will most likely continue to be content with adjusting the voltage, instead of adjusting the wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread