What are you ordering from other vendors that I do not carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2012
CA
I know some people have chimed in about you not carrying e-juice, and I too am disapointed in that. But I'm also disapointed that you don't carry some of the simplest DIY mixing things such as empty bottles, PG, VG, sweetners, and flavorings.

I can understand if you don't want to carry nicotine, or the other chem lab tools. But the simple inert things would be a big help to some of us.

Hi Screamin Eagle!

You are not alone.

Unfortunately, current space and staff limitations prevent DV from offering DIY supplies.

Don't give up though! DIY is high priority for Eric.

As soon as those issues are adequately addressed, they will be "back with a vengeance!"

Will keep everyone posted as status changes!

Thanks for understanding.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Mornin' Eric,

there only a few things that i do not get on your site. your prices and services are good enough that i tend to use what what you offer. 2 things i can't get on your site are:

Itaste VV/VW 3.0 by Innokin - NettMix Custom Vapes

i watched the pbusardo review, which a lot of people here thought he was dissing it in, but i thought different. here's what i like about it (esp at that price): most folks recommend ego twists for newcomers. in most brick and mortar stores around here, that is a $30-35 investment. this has everything that a twist has to offer, except it is only 800mah, and it is not a true pass-through - when charging, you are using the battery, not the current. BUT, what it does have is an ohm checker, puff count and variable wattage. i think the variable wattage is key for new vapers. your coils last longer because you aren't frying them at the wrong voltage. the ohm meter rocks because, esp with the mini davide, coils vary from 2.2 ohms all the way up 3.6!! i would not have known that if not for my itaste. having accurate ohmage does allow you to use voltage with more confidence. the puff counter actually came in handy. my observations on the v3 is that with evods, you get around 550 puffs per charge, around 500 for mini davides and 450 for davides and protanks. i have 4 of them and have found that the more you let the battery rest, the higher the puff count you get. if you only had 1, your counts would be lower. 2 is optimal, more is even better. you can't get cheaper vw without going to fast tech, so that is a big plus. if people cut out the whole "ego twist" phase of intro vaping, then that's a $50 to 80 phase they got to skip. it's not "too many features" for a beginner, as some tend to say, but it gives a new vaper almost everything they need to expand their horizons.

i also get these

XXXL 901/510 Anodized Drip Tip

mainly i get them because the tip narrows so my "denture work" doesn't bother me so much, but the length helps avoid the "condensation/juice" in the mouth.

i see both those items as very, very n00b friendly. and at that price, you can get 6 or more v3s for the price of 1 provari! i think the v3 also has a more consistent vape than my twist or v-mega. there is little to no "buyers remorse" with the v3. the only real negatives are the 800mah and phony pass-through. those are tiny negatives.

i'm thinking that some kind of starter kit with maybe a few of these:

DBox Dube Clearomizer - Black

would be a huge boon to folks starting out. they get to skip 2 phases: the cheap, but expensive in b&m store 650 mah crap and the "twist phase". in my case, that was a $200 plus journey. (more if you count switching from cartos to bccs)

i only offer my opinion because i know you care! (you don't have to care about what i just wrote. i just thought i'd give my 2 cents! :2c:)

thanks,

Sam

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Mornin' Eric,

there only a few things that i do not get on your site. your prices and services are good enough that i tend to use what what you offer. 2 things i can't get on your site are:

Sam

thanks for the indepth!

I will check out that drip tip and ask about the dube being in a kit, I am still dubious on the innokin due to the connector.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
thanks for the indepth!

I will check out that drip tip and ask about the dube being in a kit, I am still dubious on the innokin due to the connector.

what's wrong with the connector? the only thing i noticed is that you don't want to push down the battery contact point. they feel like they'll bust if you try to pull them up.

and i've seen the v3 starter kits...meh, i'm pretty much glass only with a few evods still in use. really not fond of plastic clearos.

i AM thinking about those new dboxs, though. might be the "ultimate evod"!"

a lot of people don't agree with what i wrote, thinking that folks should go the 650, then twist route first.

i live in a complex with the elderly and disabled. most are on a limited income. so $$ matters! i wish i never spent/wasted probably the 1st $350 to 400 that i spent. folks can make their own kit: a couple of v3's and 4 of those dbox thingy's is about what i paid for my "starter kit". i'm waiting on some decent "tobacco" flavors so i can go and talk some folks up. those that have seen the v3 really like it. it's small, it's square (we're old folks, remember?) and the ohm meter and wattage really impress them! all they really need after that is a wall connector (most don't use computers) and a nice lanyard. i have one, but i think i was going to try one you have...and i spaced it out.

prices at local stores here are nuts. $75 for a 650mah starter kit, $25 for a protank.

i am expecting some "good" tobacco juice any day now. a little hard to push the glass tanks...as i suspect that some "dropping" is in the future for lots here.

that being said, i'll be recommending you for what you DO sell anyway! just need to work on folks using the computers in the community rooms. i think i'll be talking to some of their care givers.

so, it's mostly food for thought. i check v3 prices all over a couple of times a week anyway.

thanks for listening. oh, and about those drip tips, i may just put my first order into fast tech:

Last edited by a moderator:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
what's wrong with the connector? the only thing i noticed is that you don't want to push down the battery contact point. they feel like they'll bust if you try to pull them up.

thanks for listening. oh, and about those drip tips, i may just put my first order into fast tech:

I appreciate your feedback and information, but please do not post direct links to products on other websites.

For the connector, some of them (too many) loosened and fell into the end. It happened on enough of them that the return rate ended up being higher than what I allow to keep a product. I may get a small run of them because I am getting requests but it won't be a lot.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
I appreciate your feedback and information, but please do not post direct links to products on other websites.

my bad...

For the connector, some of them (too many) loosened and fell into the end. It happened on enough of them that the return rate ended up being higher than what I allow to keep a product. I may get a small run of them because I am getting requests but it won't be a lot.

i'm just wondering, are you talking about the little single post thing on the itaste vv charger connection? i bought 3 of those "accidentally" :facepalm:, and i know some one i'd like to give them to, but i KNOW she would bust those posts.

the itaste vv v3 has something more like a "cell phone" connector for the charger. much, much, better.

i've seen itaste vv v3 starter kits for as low as $54 ($40 at fast tech), the only problem is that it is an innokin starter kit, so it comes with 5 iclear ce16s. if you use those, that's a great deal. i'm a bcc kinda guy as their simple to rewick. (minimum on a replacement coil round here is 3 bucks, making your deal on evod/ptanks coils very appealing! )

i'll be watching the reviews on those new little dboxes that you have. more for other folks, but i think it may be a better option than an evod. i think 2-3 of those and a itaste v3 is a great little starter kit. (as long as they get another v3 at their first opportunity :2cool:)

300 people live here and our complex went completely no-smoking on June 1st, you can't even smoke in your apt). the smokers have had fun next door in the Fred Meyers parking lot. chairs everywhere, folks basking in the sun, socializing...but our rainy season starts real soon. outdoors won't be so much fun! of the folks that do vape, some have quit smoking, but are NOT happy with it, and the others would rather be outside smoking. as it's basically $100 to begin vaping and NOT be happy with it, i figure presenting them with cheaper and better options that they might actually like is a good thing. those that have seen the v3 are impressed with it.

i want to get some folks to try vaping (i'll give a demo in the community room), and get those who do but aren't happy with it to acutally enjoy it (and all without wasting $200 bucks just to start). if i can get them down to a minimum of suppliers, MBV for juice and you for almost everything else, then computers won't be too much of a problem as i can just print out stuff to give everyone.

thanks for the responses, sorry to take up so much of you time. and it would be helpful if you can zero me in on just what was breaking. it may be an issue i'm unaware of.

thanks again,
Sam

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
Hey, first off, you have a nice shop. I haven't ordered from you yet, but I have directed some new vapers toward you for eGo style kits. That said, I'm personally interested in getting into some cheaper mechs and VV/VW's. You, unfortunately, don't seem to have the best prices on entry level APV's. From what I can tell, you would be able to bring in a steady clientele with larger volume wholesale purchases on some of the Sigeleis and Smoktechs. Your prices on some of that range are more average than excellent. Mods like the Magneto and such are flying off the shelves at the sites that are selling them at lower prices. With the Magneto example, every site that had the V2 for around $40 is sold out. If you were to get a heavier investment into the cheap mechs, or even VV/VW's like the SiD, and sell them at very competitive rates, I think you could very quickly become my favorite retailer, and make a pretty good volume-based profit.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
i'm just wondering, are you talking about the little single post thing on the itaste vv charger connection? i bought 3 of those "accidentally" :facepalm:, and i know some one i'd like to give them to, but i KNOW she would bust those posts.

Yes, anything that is housed "inside" has the potential to pop "in" due to pressure, incorrectly inserting it or inserting it with "frustration" or force, my return policy is too liberal to carry items like that (in general) I have to look at what could potentially happen to it and if I would cover it and when.

In this case these connectors are relatively fragile in the wrong hands and since I do not generally fault my customers I would be returning items that are not defective, just potentially "abused" (although through no real fault of the user)

so that is one of the reasons I try to stay away from them. That said I have had a lot of call for it so I might pick some up and carry some.

i've seen itaste vv v3 starter kits for as low as $54 ($40 at fast tech),
Innokin has told me several times that they do not sell to Fasttech, so be careful with that. Innokin, Smoktech, Kanger and a few others all deny they sell to Fasttech, in fact Kanger was so annoyed with it they posted a notice on their website.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Just placed my first order with you yesterday..impressive site, Eric! The ONLY thing you don't carry that I use on a weekly basis is a 280 mah automatic battery. Joyetech makes a really good one! While I love my Twist, Spinner and Sidewinder, sometimes when I go out, I prefer to carry something a little less Frankenstein-looking to the outside world, y'know? They're also popular with people new to vaping. I put a single coil black carto (it matches the black battery) running at around 2.5 ohms, and I'm all set to go out to dinner!

Don't really feel the need for the 280 mah PCC. Too many reviews say they're junk, and two 280 mahs in my purse will get me through even a very long evening.

Other than THAT, you're beautiful! After paying $3.69 for ONE Evod BCC head at a brick and mortar store here in Cleveland, my eyebrows went WAY UP lol shopping for them at Discount Vapers! I mean, I get mark-up is necessary when you're running an actual B&M store, but that was flippin' ridiculous!

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Just placed my first order with you yesterday..impressive site, Eric! The ONLY thing you don't carry that I use on a weekly basis is a 280 mah automatic battery. Joyetech makes a really good one!

So does SmokeTech. Should have added that. I've used both Joye and SmokeTech's 280 mah automatic batteries w/o any problems.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Just placed my first order with you yesterday..impressive site, Eric! The ONLY thing you don't carry that I use on a weekly basis is a 280 mah automatic battery. Joyetech makes a really good one! While I love my Twist, Spinner and Sidewinder, sometimes when I go out, I prefer to carry something a little less Frankenstein-looking to the outside world, y'know? They're also popular with people new to vaping. I put a single coil black carto (it matches the black battery) running at around 2.5 ohms, and I'm all set to go out to dinner!

Don't really feel the need for the 280 mah PCC. Too many reviews say they're junk, and two 280 mahs in my purse will get me through even a very long evening.

Other than THAT, you're beautiful! After paying $3.69 for ONE Evod BCC head at a brick and mortar store here in Cleveland, my eyebrows went WAY UP lol shopping for them at Discount Vapers! I mean, I get mark-up is necessary when you're running an actual B&M store, but that was flippin' ridiculous!

Is that a 510 battery? if so I haven't yet dabbled in 510, but if the FDA doesn't shut us all down, it's something I plan to start doing in 2014.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Is that a 510 battery? if so I haven't yet dabbled in 510, but if the FDA doesn't shut us all down, it's something I plan to start doing in 2014.
Yeah, very good idea, to attract newcomers to vaping. I still recommend an 808 supplier to newcomers, although it does make the transition more difficult. And, talking about the transition, how about a 510 to 808 adaptor? I don't even think you have an ego to 808 adaptor.

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
300 people live here and our complex went completely no-smoking on June 1st, you can't even smoke in your apt). the smokers have had fun next door in the Fred Meyers parking lot. chairs everywhere, folks basking in the sun, socializing...but our rainy season starts real soon. outdoors won't be so much fun! of the folks that do vape, some have quit smoking, but are NOT happy with it, and the others would rather be outside smoking. as it's basically $100 to begin vaping and NOT be happy with it, i figure presenting them with cheaper and better options that they might actually like is a good thing. those that have seen the v3 are impressed with it.

i want to get some folks to try vaping (i'll give a demo in the community room), and get those who do but aren't happy with it to acutally enjoy it (and all without wasting $200 bucks just to start). if i can get them down to a minimum of suppliers, *** for juice and you for almost everything else, then computers won't be too much of a problem as i can just print out stuff to give everyone.

My building also went non-smoking recently, and I have saved up a bunch of disposables from whenever I saw them being given away (and also had a supplier contribute a few, too) to give out to people here who are interested. I know that DV doesn't carry any (hint, hint ;) ) but you can pick one up at most smoke shops and/or liquor stores for about $10...

I started out with one myself, to see if I would like it first, before I ordered my vaping supplies... and there is no reason why people should have to shell out $100 to get started, especially if you look for sales on starter kits!!

My building is full of Senior Citizens, who don't want something they have to bother with too much, and most would prefer something small that looks more like a cigarette. I have helped a lot of people get started vaping in the 3 yrs. since I started, including PIF'ing things I have won in Contests, and the most important thing is to find out what THEY want... not what you think they need!!

Sounds to me like you are scaring the people away... :ohmy: LOL!!

*** btw, it's considered bad manners to mention another vendor in somebody else's thread...

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland

Yep, Eric, a 280 mah automatic is a 510 battery. They also come in 180 mah, but it's been my experience that the 180 mah battery is ALMOST as frustrating as a Blu. It loses its charge too quickly. The 280 mah is a little longer (as in it's physically longer than the 180 mah), but I get around 3-4 hours on a charge. On a 180 mah, I was getting 1-2 hours.

Just a preference, but I love the no-button aspect of a 510 automatic and how it lights up on the end. (I'm a tall, employed, tax-paying seven year old!)

I see some people talking about the 808. I get those...they're cute! But 808 cartos don't work with anything but an 808 battery. 510 cartos work on damn near anything. I'm not disagreeing with the 808 folks. Both the 808 and the 510 are popular with new vapers.

Don't you worry, Sweetcakes lol...the FDA isn't going to shut anybody down. I think, worst case scenario, they'll make it illegal in all 50 states to sell to minors (which IMO is fine), and they might start taxing the living :2c: out of us. (Then again, look at the headaches they've had trying to tax Amazon sales! Think how much worse it would be with ALL THESE E-CIGARETTE VENDORS out there!)
There's too many people on the vaping bandwagon now.:D I honestly don't think we can be stopped!:vapor:And, dude, with your price points, neither can you!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I see some people talking about the 808. I get those...they're cute! But 808 cartos don't work with anything but an 808 battery. 510 cartos work on damn near anything. I'm not disagreeing with the 808 folks. Both the 808 and the 510 are popular with new vapers.
A lot of people begin on the 808, before they have done any significant amount of research. By the time they discover that 510 is the most popular configuration by far, they are too invested in the 808 to just toss them. If more adapters were available, the transition would be easier.

So don't diss me for having made a mistake back when I was a vape baby, just discovering the binky. :pervy: :2cool:

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
My building also went non-smoking recently, and I have saved up a bunch of disposables from whenever I saw them being given away (and also had a supplier contribute a few, too) to give out to people here who are interested. I know that DV doesn't carry any (hint, hint ;) ) but you can pick one up at most smoke shops and/or liquor stores for about $10...

I started out with one myself, to see if I would like it first, before I ordered my vaping supplies... and there is no reason why people should have to shell out $100 to get started, especially if you look for sales on starter kits!!

My building is full of Senior Citizens, who don't want something they have to bother with too much, and most would prefer something small that looks more like a cigarette. I have helped a lot of people get started vaping in the 3 yrs. since I started, including PIF'ing things I have won in Contests, and the most important thing is to find out what THEY want... not what you think they need!!

Space, be nice!

Sounds to me like you are scaring the people away... :ohmy: LOL!!
LOL! Have you seen DV's prices?? I ran screaming for the guy with open arms!

Meh. I disagree on DV carrying disposables. They're already widely available in gas stations and drug stores. But a 510 automatic isn't available in very many B&M stores, and it's not going to be thrown away three days after someone purchases it. 510 autos are currently running around $14.00 here on the web. (NOT wholesale..I have no idea what they run for wholesale!) I'd show you where to find them, Eric, but SpaceKitty is right. It's bad manners to put another vendor's website into an ECF thread.

Most 510 automatic starter kits include two batteries, 5 cartos + charger cable and are currently running at around $30.00 internet retail. Fits nicely into a Senior Citizen's budget. Once they see how little it costs to fill those cartos with juice (as opposed to a pack of smokes!), you've got a customer for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread