What Batteries Are You Using In Your GLV2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plooker

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Florida
Got my GLV2 a few weeks back and, while I love it, the battery life with the AW 750mah batts is not good enough for me. I'd like to make it through a day and not have to carry batteries with me.

Thinking of switching to another brand of protected with a higher mah rating.

Just curious what others are using...

Last edited:

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
I use the protected 750 mAh AW ICR123s Jay recommends and sells. I'm a pretty heavy vaper and one pair usually lasts me an easy 12 hours. I get the same or better usage form a single cell in my Mini or Super Mini with LR cartos.

I keep a spare pair in my car and always carry a few extras in my laptop bag.

Plooker

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Florida
Have you tried switching the top & bottom batteries 8 hours in? The bottom cell drains faster than the top so switching them should give you a litle more use. Maybe not another four hours but at least a little extra time.

Just a thought.

I may give that a shot. Thanks for the tip. I'm also going to pick up a small battery case for spares. Carrying extra batts is a small price to pay for getting to use such an awesome PV

What happens if you use a higher mah but lower voltage batteries, like two 900mah 3V?

Trustfire makes a 3.7V 880mah. It's on Jay's list of batts that will work. Of course, he only recommends the AW's and that makes sense. If I were him I wouldn't recommend anything but the best, most proven batteries. Doesn't mean the trustfires are bad, just that his good name is on the line and he's going with the best.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Trustfire makes a 3.7V 880mah. It's on Jay's list of batts that will work. Of course, he only recommends the AW's and that makes sense. If I were him I wouldn't recommend anything but the best, most proven batteries. Doesn't mean the trustfires are bad, just that his good name is on the line and he's going with the best.

Right, I understand that but what I'm asking is kind of hypothetical. Say I put 2 AW (whatever mah) 3.0V batteries in, would it work or do the batteries both have to be 3.7V. Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm just curious:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread