Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimmy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
Gainesville, GA USA
What's so good about 5v vaping?

Mind you, this is coming from someone who's only every vaped at 3.7v on her Chuck
and just got a PT in a PIF. It's a 5v PT, just seems to vape like my 3.7v Chuck.

If your using the PT on a low amp wall plug in or your computer it will not be a TRUE 5v, You need a wall wart (plug in) that works at 2amp, Most wall warts work at 1amp and your computer will work at about 750mah. And you have to trust the company that sells the PT to make sure it really is a 5v PT.

noss

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2010
Iowa
I see mention of using cr123a batteries. Can I use non-rechargeable cr-123as like I might pick up in a camera store? I ask because it looks like mine might have shipped without the batteries due to backorder, and I think I might go insane having to wait for them.

Also, to re-ask my question from the last page, will the batteries found at that link work with the charger that ships with the glv-2?

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
Just found this thread...... I know I need to read through it but, to busy for the next 3 hours my 2 year old is about to wake up and I need to feed my 3 week old. Daddy ((( ME ))) let Mom leave the house for a break and I am needing 6 batteries for my Super mini GLV for backup!!!!!!..... Can anyone pm me or reply to me on best deal for batteries for my super mini.

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
I ordered this same set up with spacers and 6 batteries.... Nice people on the phone too! Thanks for the post Crimmy! Thanks everyone!

Hello, I use this one, along with the car adapter.
Ultrafire WF-139 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger
Ultrafire 12V Car Adapter Cable for Multi-Battery Charger WF-139
Hope this helps. But these work great, I know there a bit pricey but its a great charger and its a smart charger.

kboyts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Warren, Ohio, United States
I have a super mini on the way and had yet another battery question. I ordered it with the two batteries from GLV but am planning on ordering two more batteries, for the car etc... so I dont risk going out for the day and forgeting an extra battery. In my reading I have been considering getting two of the IMR type batteries but am concerned about run times with the lower mah ratings of them.

But with the higher amp discharge ability was thinking they may work more efficiently , causing the lower mah rating to not be as big of an issue.

Anyone have any experience with this to contribute?

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
In my experience, I get much better run-times out of the IMRs. So much so that they're all I use in my GLVs, both 5v and 3.7v and my UltraFires have been relegated to emergency back-ups.

AW IMRs cost a little more but to me, the longer life makes them well worth it. I usually get mine at Lighthound for $6.99 each but if you buy 5 or more at a time, IkenVape has them for $6.50. Shipping to OH, either place will get them to you in two days.

kboyts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Warren, Ohio, United States
In my experience, I get much better run-times out of the IMRs. So much so that they're all I use in my GLVs, both 5v and 3.7v and my UltraFires have been relegated to emergency back-ups.

AW IMRs cost a little more but to me, the longer life makes them well worth it. I usually get mine at Lighthound for $6.99 each but if you buy 5 or more at a time, IkenVape has them for $6.50. Shipping to OH, either place will get them to you in two days.

Ok thanks alot !, I went ahead and picked up 2 IMRs from Super T, as well as a tube of noalox. Damn I need to get this GLV soon, I'm ordering far too many "must have accessories" for it before I even have the damn thing lol

Speaking of which, I'm off to ebay or dealextreme to order a nano charger for the 16340's LMAO

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
If I understand your question which reads like a translation (from Polish?) if you are a very heavy smoker/vaper, you may need to change batteries / pair of batteries one time to get through a complete day.

For a 5v I suggest you have at least four (4) AW ICR-123 li-ion 3.7V 750mAh Protected batteries.
For a 3.7v I suggest you have at lest two (2) AW ICR-123 li-ion 3.7V 750mAh Protected batteries.

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
If I understand your question which reads like a translation (from Polish?) if you are a very heavy smoker/vaper, you may need to change batteries / pair of batteries one time to get through a complete day.

For a 5v I suggest you have at least four (4) AW ICR-123 li-ion 3.7V 750mAh Protected batteries.
For a 3.7v I suggest you have at lest two (2) AW ICR-123 li-ion 3.7V 750mAh Protected batteries.

That's what I use and I rarely use the third battery in a day. I alway carry 2 extra for my supermini just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread