What battery should I get to replace my pathetic 40w Eleaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 40w Eleafe has served me for years but... I require more power... not tons... I mean I am not one of those folks that requires producing tons of vape... but I want to be able to power very decent tanks (I can't even guess what wattage those would require as I have not decided on a tank yet.) Also, while it definitely isn't necessary I would prefer it be.... "reasonably" aesthetic. P.S. If I had to guess I would assume 60W would be the minimum I'd be looking for but the battery also has to have longevity.

P.S. Thanks for at least reading my post whether or not you responded to it! :) have a nice day!

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
My 40w Eleafe has served me for years but... I require more power... not tons... I mean I am not one of those folks that requires producing tons of vape... but I want to be able to power very decent tanks (I can't even guess what wattage those would require as I have not decided on a tank yet.) Also, while it definitely isn't necessary I would prefer it be.... "reasonably" aesthetic. P.S. If I had to guess I would assume 60W would be the minimum I'd be looking for but the battery also has to have longevity.

P.S. Thanks for at least reading my post whether or not you responded to it! :) have a nice day!
Welcome to the forum.Built-in or Interchangeable Batteries Device?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Kaish Lothon, are you looking for ideas for fixed or replaceable battery mods?

If replaceable, Vaporesso Armour Pro may be an option. Pair it with a Samsung 40T 4000mah 21700 battery and you should be able to get a couple of days out of it, depending on your vaping habits. Also it's something that you wouldn't need to replace, unless it died.

But it's just an idea.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I was just looking for a new mod. 40 W would be way more than I need, but it looks like 85 is pretty much the standard minimum these days. I ordered an Asmodus Colossal yesterday after asking for suggestions. You can get it for $37. Aegis Mini looked good for a small internal battery mod.

It's been quite a while since I bought a mod and the choice is kind of overwhelming these days.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well, if you want "a decent" mod to go with "a decent" tank you may get....

SERIES-B DNA 75W Sandstorm Kit (PRE-ORDER)

Says Pre-order, but now shows In Stock on the website. Delivery takes longer than a mod would from a US vendor, since it's coming from Scotland, but it's well worth the wait, IMO.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
but I want to be able to power very decent tanks
I'm an avid RDA user (which most people think are common with high power lots of clouds)
Not only do i use under 40 watts at all time but i mostly go full days with 1x 20700 battery.

You don't need lots and lots of power to get clouds. I do single coils at .6 0hms resistance at exactly 31 watts, otherwise i use the profile rda with mesh at 38.
This is mostly just an example not necessarely saying get an rda (rtas can be used that way aswell if it's a single coil)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
JCinFLA, single 18650 might be a bit of a stretch and pre order price will probably not match final retail price. And I don't think OP is ready for a DNA chipset mod quite yet.

Gee, I guess several of us who've made suggestions (since the OP asked for some), didn't get the word that they should be run past you first to see what you think of them...before we post them. ;) Whatever...carry on. I'm outta here.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Setting the bar at 60 watts gives you a very wide variety of devices to choose from. Mod’s nowadays typically run between 80 watts, for a single 18650, up to thermal nuclear power ratings such as the 300 watt Triade that was mentioned.

Your challenge is finding what has the most value to you and understanding any downfalls with your selection. Smaller single cell 18650 devices are very pocketable but come at a cost of battery life. This can be slightly improved by choosing a single 2x700 device such as the Vaporesso Armour that was mentioned at the cost of something slightly larger. Improve battery life even further with the many dual cell devices available – again at the expense of size and weight.

DNA devices are great – many claim some of the best available. But these come at a steeper cost. DNA devices stand out for their precise temperature control and the ability to manage your device from your computer. If this is something that may interest you, there is no time like the present to jump into a DNA device.

Some devices such as the Geekvape Aegis line offer water and shock resistance – again, ask yourself if this has any value to you.

I’d do a little window shopping, choose a few devices that spark your interest and ask the forums for any long term opinions. My :2c:

Reactions: Baditude

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Good luck, @Kaish Lothon. This thread is reminding me of how overwhelmed I was by the flood of helpful advice I received in my intro post.

My two cents? I love the Colossal and the JAC Vapour Sandstorm, but I'd go with the Vaporesso Armour Pro, if you want more battery life (unless you want to take the dual- or triple-battery route, of course). It's on sale at Sourcemore for $29.95, less a discount of 10% (2019 is the code), but you have to pay shipping ($7.25 is the cheapest) and it'll take a fair while to reach you.

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
"Battery" in vaping terminology has two meanings:
  1. Rechargeable Li-ion battery
  2. Devices with built-in battery cheers!

He didn't specifically say that he was looking for a mod with an internal battery or if he was going to consider one that takes external batteries.

I noticed that no one had said anything about external batteries so I dropped a link to a guy on here that specifically tests batteries.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
JCinFLA, I'm sorry that you decided to take offence. I thought that this was a discourse.

DNA Mods are usually expensive and require a lot of experience and also learning to use escribe software to get the exact experience that you want.

Plus 18650 batteries limit you somewhat, due to amps and capacity. As high amp 18650 batteries have lower capacities.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@Mordacai You bring up some valid points. Although DNA devices do carry a higher price of admission, they are not that complicated to operate and there is nothing that states one must use Escribe or even TC in order to use them. There are those who buy into the DNA environment strictly because they want something of better quality over the usual chipsets that comes out of China.

The JAC Sandstorm is an extremely popular device here on ECF – so much so it has granted its own user thread

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread