What can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I am a local customer, and I'm trying to find out how I can stop paying for shipping when I pick it up myself?

As a note, we have several vendors locally that have the option to choose local pick up and not pay shipping. This fee makes MV more expensive, therefore my money has been going elsewhere. I understand I could go to the store front, but with the additional cost of items I only buy there when its a necessity. I have referred many of people to your store as well.

What can I do Hoog?

LFC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2011
NC
I take it CK that you are placing your order online before going to the warehouse to pick it up? I usually do not have a large order when I go to the warehouse, maybe only 5 or 6 items, I go often instead :) And I just write it all down on a piece of paper or a notecard, with the prices and stock codes from the site, and they do not charge me shipping when I call in.

I hope that Hoogie doesn't mind me saying this is the way I do it, in case he would prefer an online order, but I'm sure he'll let me know :)

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
I've been going to warehouse for going on 2 yrs. and just pop in and get what I want with either Scott or Hoog helping me.Now I think Mondays is probably not good to do that from backlog of orders online over weekend to catch up on.I hope Hoog don't mind me saying this.

Now I've heard that they will be moving warehouse soon and I think this will be a thing of the past....but thats probably why they have there retail store over near northlake mall which u can also go to and more than likely MV would prefer now.David over there will help u good guy.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Thanks. And I agree they would prefer usage of the retail store, but its actually more expensive than ordering online and paying the shipping.

I have met the two guys at the store because I've been there quite a few times, bringing in people I've referred. I love the retail store idea and very easy to just pop in. Its a mind thing I guess where I know in the back of my head I'm paying more than I could by simply ordering online and picking it up.

I also know the cost increase is really only painful on batts and hardware, as the juice prices aren't too much more it bothers me. I really want their retail store to be successful.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
We did have a local pick up option at one point, where you could place your order online and then pick it up without the shipping fees. Suprisingly enough, we'd get orders from all over the world using the pickup option and had to call and explain that unless they were actually picking up, then they'd have to pay for shipping. I wish our cart had the smarts to validate that the customer is able to pick up but it doesn't.

I know this is probably a pain but if you get your order in, but before you check out, give us a call and we can give you a code for free shipping.

hoog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread