Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I've got a coil running that's quite similar to others I have in use - it's providing GREAT flavor and vapor.
But it's also providing some dramatic pops. Shot a little juice out the airhole even.

Does a lower or higher coil placement make for more popping? Or does an angle prevent it?

I probably won't do anything more substantial than those kind of changes - cause I'm really enjoying the vape (and this teensy little atty seems to be protecting my face from any splatter)...but I'd still like to know if it's controllable...

FYI, though I'm sticking basically with these variables:
Single coil, 28g. wrapped on 1.8mm bit, about 7 wraps squeezed for 1.0 ohms, small shiseido cotton wick, wet by squonkin'

Sarin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
I'm going to say that it's an efficient coil :) Things that can increase it are:

1) Freshly charged batteries.
2) Greater surface area but still a fairly low ohm build.
3) Twisted wire coils as tmal stated above.

It generally comes from a large surface area coil heating up very fast, hence why twisted low ohm build increase the chance of it happening.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
thanks for the replies - it seems to have "settled down" actually - so perhaps it was a hotspot I didn't catch, and worked itself out...
:)

may be just me, but i've noticed when i wake up my atomizer is like this, spitting and popping everywhere!

a good vape session later, and it's back to it's normal small pops and sizzles.

i'm guessing overnight the juice saturates the wick more, so it pops violently when the heat is first applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread