What could be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hi all good to be here again
I wanted to inquire if anyone can point out what the probkem might be ...
My friends got an -xbaby m2- atty by smok... and it seems that some juice got in under the coil where it caused a burnt taste (thats how he explained it) he says he doesnt know but hes wondering if it could be because of the juice (i sold him the juice).. or maybe something to do with something else...does anyone have any ideas? Anyone run into such a thing?
Would appreciate any shares on this matter
Thx

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Would be helpful to include the wattage setting your friend was using and what ohm coils he was using in the tank. Sometimes just reducing the power setting can eliminate a burnt taste.

Some flavors taste better at a lower setting; for instance fruit flavors. Using a higher setting with these flavors can result in a burnt taste.

Once a coil (or rather the cotton wick in the coil) is burnt, it is ruined and should be replaced.

A burnt taste can be the result of not properly "priming" the coil head prior to filling the tank for the first time. This is the most critical procedure in order to experience an enjoyable vaping experience; improper priming can ruin the coil right from the start.

A burnt taste can also result if the wick can not keep up with the way you vape if you're a chain vaper. The air control setting of the tank can also result in a burnt taste.

Last edited:

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
How does that happen?... burning juice?

Years ago when atomizers used silica wicks the term "dry hit" was used to describe a burnt juice hit. Now the term seems to be associated with burnt cotton/Rayon. Silica and SS mesh don't burn but you can certainly get a nasty "dry hit" when using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread