• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What device(s) are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokkaidomist

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
USA, North Carolina
Hello all.

I have been through a lot of products since started vaping bank in 08`. I will list the in the order I adopted them.

1) Janty stick
2) Eastmall EM4
3) Eastmall 510 and Riva 510
4) Eastmall Indulgence version 1 on 18650 batteries 3.7v 510 compatible.
5) Riva T 510
6) Riva VV with dual coil tanks and a indulgence v2 on 16340 batteries 6v+ all 510 compatible.
7) Pair of indulgence v4 running 16340s and dual coil tanks. VV USB passthroughs. 510 compatible.

I like the current v4 indulgence on 510 carts the best the vapor and hit is amazing. DCT were okay. I'll give it another try. The VV pass through were useless. Not enough power directed at vapor production despite having a 5v supply.

Anyway tell me your product history and what hardware you are currently using.

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo

Yes but this is in the Japan forum.

I started with a GGTS with a 901 LR atomizer and dripped it until I quit smoking.
Then I bought a GG Stealth and was stuck wondering why I'd bought it.
Then came The Penelope and another Penelope and an Odysseus V2
Then came 2 more GGTS and a black chrome Provari and a Mini provari.

Now fiddling with an Ody drip mode and I have a Box mod in the post.

Yes I flew in so quick without reading anything on websites about anything. I'm like that.. thus I ended up with a GGTS and a cartomizer and wondering why it won't work. Proper disgusting battery taste and the carto would die. Had no idea that some liquid might help... sad but true.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Yes but this is in the Japan forum.

I started with a GGTS with a 901 LR atomizer and dripped it until I quit smoking.
Then I bought a GG Stealth and was stuck wondering why I'd bought it.
Then came The Penelope and another Penelope and an Odysseus V2
Then came 2 more GGTS and a black chrome Provari and a Mini provari.

Now fiddling with an Ody drip mode and I have a Box mod in the post.

Yes I flew in so quick without reading anything on websites about anything. I'm like that.. thus I ended up with a GGTS and a cartomizer and wondering why it won't work. Proper disgusting battery taste and the carto would die. Had no idea that some liquid might help... sad but true.
Lol!!! We're you vaping without juice???

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Hello all.

I have been through a lot of products since started vaping bank in 08`. I will list the in the order I adopted them.

1) Janty stick
2) Eastmall EM4
3) Eastmall 510 and Riva 510
4) Eastmall Indulgence version 1 on 18650 batteries 3.7v 510 compatible.
5) Riva T 510
6) Riva VV with dual coil tanks and a indulgence v2 on 16340 batteries 6v+ all 510 compatible.
7) Pair of indulgence v4 running 16340s and dual coil tanks. VV USB passthroughs. 510 compatible.

I like the current v4 indulgence on 510 carts the best the vapor and hit is amazing. DCT were okay. I'll give it another try. The VV pass through were useless. Not enough power directed at vapor production despite having a 5v supply.

Anyway tell me your product history and what hardware you are currently using.

Hey, Hokkaidomist, welcome to the Japan forum! How long have you been in Japan for?

I started vaping about 4 years ago with the little mini 401's then the RN4081, MK Screwdriver , then 901's, KR 808's.... then fell off the wagon for a while. When I returned I got a MK SDII, because that is what I knew, and my old one was falling to pieces. Then after some research; an eGo-T, Provari, VV BoxMod etc. etc. Trying different cartomizers, Clearomizers, DCCT's..... There is always something new.

The buying still hasn't stopped... sigh... I think the only way to stop buying, is to stop coming to the forum :).

P.S. I didn't list all my stuff, because there is just too much. But if you are interested, there are pics in my profile photo album :p.

Skibadabomski

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tokyo
Lol!!! We're you vaping without juice???

Well how it happened was...

I was in Linz in Austria doing the festival and a guy called dotdotdot whom is now a member here had a ggts (i saw silver shiny thing that tasted great) I asked him where to get one.
When I returned to Japan I went to the GG and ordered one and asked a guy on chat in Ozy what I'd need with it. He mentioned carto's and batts and well I just ordered what he thought I'd need.

Didn't look into it any more than that. When it arrived I slapped it all together and had a 5 pack of carto's and yup I blew them all frustration was well and truly kicking in. Then I searched on the internet about carto's and saw this liquid .... REALLY !! I laughed.

Then I joined this site and asked for advice. Got some atomizers and they wouldn't work even with liquid. So I gave up and didn't bother with it until March this year when I met dotdotdot again in Adelaide in OZY and he found I had something in my spring that was causing a short. He gave me some liquid and an atomizer and slowly and surely by June of this year I was hooked.

Yes I had a real hard long slog to get here. lol.. but I'll never forget vaping raw carto's with a look of puzzlement because it hadn't vaped. More worse was when I had the liquid and it wouldn't even fire... Constantly watching videos of Scot blowing huge plumes of vape with frickin rings I may add and my atomizer wouldn't even fire. So you can understand why I jacked it in.

Sorry for the life story. All you needed was a 'yes I did' not a bloody novel lol...

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Well how it happened was...

I was in Linz in Austria doing the festival and a guy called dotdotdot whom is now a member here had a ggts (i saw silver shiny thing that tasted great) I asked him where to get one.
When I returned to Japan I went to the GG and ordered one and asked a guy on chat in Ozy what I'd need with it. He mentioned carto's and batts and well I just ordered what he thought I'd need.

Didn't look into it any more than that. When it arrived I slapped it all together and had a 5 pack of carto's and yup I blew them all frustration was well and truly kicking in. Then I searched on the internet about carto's and saw this liquid .... REALLY !! I laughed.

Then I joined this site and asked for advice. Got some atomizers and they wouldn't work even with liquid. So I gave up and didn't bother with it until March this year when I met dotdotdot again in Adelaide in OZY and he found I had something in my spring that was causing a short. He gave me some liquid and an atomizer and slowly and surely by June of this year I was hooked.

Yes I had a real hard long slog to get here. lol.. but I'll never forget vaping raw carto's with a look of puzzlement because it hadn't vaped. More worse was when I had the liquid and it wouldn't even fire... Constantly watching videos of Scot blowing huge plumes of vape with frickin rings I may add and my atomizer wouldn't even fire. So you can understand why I jacked it in.

Sorry for the life story. All you needed was a 'yes I did' not a bloody novel lol...

Haha... That is so funny! The fanciest and most expensive equipment and no juice :D. Yeah, Scott and his famous rings...

Hey, I love a good description (especially one as funny as yours) and hate one word answers!

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Skibadabomski, that is such a good one. Nope. I will not forget it. You poor guy.
Oh Ok
Ego pen style starter with cartomizer and e liquid ( yes, I knew about liquid)
Another ego starter with dual coil mega carto.
Ego-c ce4 kit
Oh and all these came with two
2 ego vv
2 mini ego
2 mini vv ego
VAMO
So now I know why all the excitement over APV and this was good and cheap thru coop.
On order the Flair all mechanical box 3.7v
But since this VAMO I am hoping to be able to use the kick by putting it in the kicklet because that will do the same thing I love about the VAMO Variable Watt function. Fingers crossed. So far looks good
Is that ALL?
Believe it or not I've spent a lot on the juice, ever loving shipping,many different venders, trying several clearos, Pyrex tanks, drip tips, DIY supplies, charger, batteries oh man there is more BUT. It should really get routine here pretty soon. What a huge commitment and soooo much fun.

Hokkaidomist

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
USA, North Carolina
WOW Hope you all had a happy holidays. I had my supplies run thin and tank this week. You all have alot of different stuff I have never tried and probably should. I have been in japan for 2 years now since I returned. I was in Sapporo as a student in 2007. Thats How I thought up my name.

(off topic)Although Eastmall is close and a fine place for atomizers, and liquids and accessories I have had pretty much 50/50 hit or miss with their hardware. Which for me isn't really a big deal I actually enjoy analyzing and fixing things. But I absolutely hate the Indulgence V4. They completely missed the point of why they created it indulgence line, so....... what are you guys using that would take the place of the indulgence v4? If you don't mind I am open for suggestions. Also thinking of getting a Venus rebuild able from east mall but where the heck can buy extra wick material and coil wire. I don't see it on east mall so I'm lost.

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
started off with a dual eGo kit i picked up from apollo along with a bottle of their RY4 (which to this day, seems to be the best i have tried) picked up a eGo 400mah for banging around work, then onto a eGo spinner mini, a V4l OMG kit for stuff up to 6v, but my main set ups are the 2 mini eGo's with some rejuvinator cartos, and the iTaste MVP. i absolutley love that lil box. lasts forever, its stout enough to throw at my boss if i ever feel inclined to do that, and i can keep this POS docomo note 2 charged at the same time im taking a few toots. i also have a SD keyring in the mail, but hasnt arrived yet. couple all of that with the standard vivi's carto tanks a squid and octopus RDA, and 2 iclear 30's that will never be used again(dont like tasteing metal) and thats where im at with vapor and no analogs. expensive experiments finding what i like and dont like, but its still better than smelling like an ashtray, plus the locals here always give me goofy looks because they have never seen anything like this. they have ecigs, but they dont have nic in them, and smell and taste like a workboot.
been playing around with a bunch of different juice suppliers recently though trying to find some good ones, but i always find myself ordering the apollo RY4 and the WOW555 from V4L. those 2 are my main flavors at the moment.

learned some hard lessons about RY$ in the process of my search for a good one whick led me to this forum. the big ry4 roundup opened my eyes a lot. wish i woulda spent more time reading before buying 4 50ml bottles from a supposed well respectd juice maker(i had no idea that RY4 could have so many variations). that stuff was horrid. i actually just dumped the llast 2 bottles down the drain yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread