What do I need if I order a Silver Bullet as my first ecig/big battery mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not own any electronic ciarrette or bg battery mod. I have done hours of researching and have made my mind up that the Silver Bullet is for me.

Problem is, what do I need with my purchase. I am convinced to purchase it through www.altsmoke.com but they have so many options. I do understand that things like batteries and a charger are a given along with the 510 atty's it suggests, but what else should I be ordering? Is the drip tip necessary? I also was thinking about the unfilled blank cartridges as I am assuming I can fill those with ejuice but am uncertain. I'd like to be able to fill my carts and not have to worry about refilling every time I want to vape. Will the unfilled carts fufill this for me?

Thanks for the help!!!

:evil:Happy vaping!:evil:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Very cool! I hear really great things about it as far as function, but it's also a very nice-looking device. I'm sure you'll like it.

Try getting both a drip tip *and* some blank carts. Maybe a pack of 510 cartomizers too. Just try stuff. Who knows what your favorite will wind up being.

Carts don't have the longest lifespan per fill - I get about 20 minutes, as a somewhat heavy vapor. Cartomizers go for a couple hours for me. But it will depend on how you vape.

I'd also recommend you give this a read. In most standard e-cigs, like regular 510's or eGo's or Kr808's, they take care of all the safety stuff for you. With mods, you have to take care of that yourself. So make sure you don't use unprotected batteries, and that your charger has overcharge protection. Knowing a bit about how batteries work in general is also great, which is where Rolygate's article comes in.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Scroll down on the page for the silver bullet they give a "Example Kit for New Owners". Start with that and you should be good to go, except for maybe the battery case which really isn't a must.

Altsmoke has everything listed there. I would suggest getting smaller bottles of different juices to sample rather than 1 15ml bottle that they suggest and there are many places that offer sample packs of smaller bottles of juice. A drip tip isn't necessary but they are good to have, especially if you're trying different juices, makes it much easier than filling up carts just to try and they are cheap so I'd recommend picking up one or two. Yes you can fill up blank carts and you can clean the polyfill in them and reuse them time and time again. They usually come in packs of 5 and are inexpensive so I'd go with two packs of those. Any Atomizer or equipment that specifies 510 will work with it. As far as the batteries ones like the link below will work and if u purchase somewhere else just make sure they are protected.

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs

Jim K.

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Michigan
When I first started out I spent a few hundred bucks just on different types of atties, juices, cartos, etc. etc. Just to try things out. Everyone is different, and everyone is going to have a different set up that fits them. Personally I drip and eGo 510 with an LR atty, or a magma atty (which are somewhere between a LR and a normal atty, can't remember the exact Ohms though). And my favorite juice is Boba's Bounty from AVEjuice at 24mg.

Just try things out until you find what works for you. Good luck, and remember if you have questions, there are tons of people here on ECF to help you along ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread