• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What do the men in your life do to annoy you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Fair is fair..we discussed how we annoy them, now we get to tell each other how they annoy us..LOL Ok it's not really fair but they aren't here!

Mike can't find anything, he just yells for me to look for it. Now my husband was a supply Sgt. for 21 years and a warehouse manager for over 20 more, he understands the concept of stocking and bin rows. It's the same thing for socks and tee shirts! I have stocked them in the same set of drawers as always in the same darn bin (drawer) for the last 33 years! Get a grip!:-x
But let me go out to the garage/workroom/toolstorage. Most of them are MY tools, he knows if one has been touched or moved. Of course he brings them in the house to use and they never get back out to the garage. A year later he will ask where the wrench he laid down on the dining room table went. We have eaten upteen meals since then..did he expect me to serve around the wrench or hammer all year? I just put them all in a bucket for him to replace in the garage when he has time..yeah right!:rolleyes:
He also goes to the grocery store with me..I really miss him being at work! he has a list and he follows it. Except for the cookies, ice cream, 3 types of dip and the chips. then he has the nerve to ask me where all the grocery money goes!
He had heart surgery 12 years ago, they said due to the drugs they gave him he would have memory problems. Those memory problems have lasted 12 years, I think the drugs wore off by now, don't you? So why is he surprised by what I cook dinner..the very dinner he "helped" me shop for that day? It drives me nuts.

Bunni

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
PA, USA
A better question might be what don't they do to annoy us!!! lol

My husband will pile his dirty clothes on the floor in the bedroom, always the same spot. I was clever and placed a laundry basket in the same spot and do you know he began to pile his clothes right next to it!

Consistently of course when he places a dirty dish or cup in the kitchen he will put it on the opposite counter from the sink, or if he suddenly has a moment of clarity, will place the dish next to the dishpan rather than IN the dishpan with the other dirty dishes.

I mentioned this habit to our wedding officiant (4 years ago), and he (male of course) said never try to train a male. Hmmmm. I think it's a conspiracy.

These are just two examples of so many I'd be here for hours lol!

Oh and btw, hi I'm new to the group :)

Hugs,

Bunni

Erised

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Florida
Well, my love sometimes drives me nuts because he loses everything -- such as keys, wallet, credit cards, cell phones (he carries two -- when he can find them), his license. He loses his credit card so much that he has a backup one -- and we don't want to mention how many times BOTH of them have been lost.

If my credit card went missing I would know it immediately, I would completely panic, and I'm sorry-- but the world would just have to stop until it was found. He is SO darn casual about it when he does it -- he won't even bother looking for it for days (usually he starts looking when he has also lost the backup one).

Erised

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Dawn, how is that different from any other male?

Angl..set up a tent outside! :rolleyes: Maybe a sign that says "no sleepovers allowed"

Erised, Losing a credit card would panic me too! Just wait until somebody uses it..then he will tie a barbell to it! Or make you keep track of it!

Bunni, I made a rule, if it's not in the basket..go without or do it yourself. Mike can tear down and rebuild the riding lawnmower but can't figure out my washer/dryer!:cry:

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
I learned a long time ago. If I am dating someone, I do not give them my address, nor do I bring them back to my home unless I want them to stay. I find if they know where I live, they eventually like to show up unannounced! That is a big, great big - NO NO NO!

For nights out - I meet them at a movie or restaurant or wherever. I always let my Brothers know where I am going, who I am going with and I leave my date's phone number with my Brothers also.

For me, I am done picking up after a man, cooking his meals at the time he dictates, doing his laundry, and letting him know where I am every waking minute. Been there. Done that. I like my freedom and I like to be in control of the situation for my own good.

Just my .02! :rolleyes:

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
My man gets on my nerves from drinking beers everyday. He is the most aggravating person on alcohol. He likes to shout and cause arguments. I hate arguments.

I would rather climb on the roof than argue. He does other things that get on my nerves,but this is the cake. Now since I vape,he drinks and makes fun of my vaping.

I get online to get away from all this crap. I do not drink alcohol and getting online is my escape from him. Also I love to get on the forum. lol

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Rejoice, Don't you wish they had a movie of the way they act sometimes..I am sure they would be appalled! Hang in girlfriend, somebody is always on-line!:thumb:

Hilway, Mike shoves that darn thing down so hard you would think he is a compactor! It backfires on him, he can't get the bag out!
I hate the bread thing..I don't like crusty stale bread unless I am going to make breadpudding.;)

Nette62, my sister once tried to get her hubby back for that with glue, she glued the seat down.:cry: Of course that was a mistake..she ended up with a wet seat and couldn't clean it properly..hey she was only 18 at the time!

Mike loves to click the remote! It drives me insane,,I get to the last part of a show and at the commercial he clicks by the time he finds my channel again they are saying..who would have ever guessed he did it? The End. Who did it! Who was he? :mad:

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
Dawn, how is that different from any other male?

Angl..set up a tent outside! :rolleyes: Maybe a sign that says "no sleepovers allowed"

There is really only one guy I date for the most part. When he shows up unannounced, I have been known to crack the door open slightly and whisper that someone else is here. The look on his face is priceless... Then I go back to watching my movie ALONE, with a grin on my face. :oops:;)

For me, I am done picking up after a man, cooking his meals at the time he dictates, doing his laundry, and letting him know where I am every waking minute. Been there. Done that. I like my freedom and I like to be in control of the situation for my own good.

Just my .02! :rolleyes:

Amen, sista... AMEN! :D

They all do that, even the 2-legged ones

ROFLMAO... so true!

When I was married, we had a rule... the LID was always put down. That way we both had to lift something and put it back down.

Junebug

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Georgia, USA
Hi, this thread is too funny. My husband always misplaces his things. This morning he was yelling for his truck keys, he asked me if I saw them, or if I knew where they were. I told him, they were where he left them last!

Irritating man that he is. I was on the phone last week and he was working on the front door. He needed the cordless power drill.
Where was it?
Well have you used it since I cleaned the garage for you?
No.
Then it's in the tool box.
Now, why the heck did you put it there? I can't find it.
Oh where should I put it? In a basket mounted to the front hallway so you can knock your head against it every day?
Yes, you can't make it more obvious than that!
Oh so what happens when you use it and leave it somewhere else, and I don't pick up after you?
Uhm.....

Let's not get started about laundry, dishes, soda cans, garbage, or toilet seats. As my friend says, husbands take out things, wives put things away.

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Wanting to talk and cuddle after sex! I just want to sleep afterwards regardless of time of day. I heard that one could purchase a muzzle online or in those nice little toy stores for adults. Hmmm I might need to go shopping.

The toilet seat left up with 3 sons and my mate has yielded a few very cold surprises when nature calls at night!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread