Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I've vaped around lots of smokers....and non smokers. I can't remember anyone even raising an eyebrow or anything negative. At the most, I got an inquiry or two about what I was using. I vape like I smoked...in a manner that would have as little impact on the people around me as possible. I wonder if that has anything to do with anything....;)

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I have to vape in the designated smoking area at work. It's interesting to watch the proportions of vapers and smokers. One month it will be mostly smokers, the next 50/50, occasionally more vapers than smokers, back to mostly smokes...
Sorry, back on topic; because vaping has been a thing for 5+ years now, no-one mentions or even really notices when someone is vaping (unless it's a polite enquiry as to what flavour is being used). For most people it's just an alternative method of getting nicotine into the body. Each to their own.

I will occasionally ask a smoker what flavour their cigarette is - monkey .... or hobo socks ? The response is generally a sigh and a quick look to the heavens.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Maybe you're in a smoking session area. Do you notice how the cigarette smokers try to stay away from us. Do cigarette smokers see us as a threat? They waived the Vape away like it's bothering them. What do you do when somebody waves your Vape as if it's bothering them,

This pisses me off sometime how about you

No I've never noticed, I don't let what other people do influence what I do or piss me off.
Of course if you're vaping a flavor that has an offensive odor when exhaled or blowing big ol huge bro cloudz, it certainly could be offensive to other people.
You might like the smell or be used to it, it probably smells like cat pee dirty socks & BO to others.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Maybe you're in a smoking session area. Do you notice how the cigarette smokers try to stay away from us. Do cigarette smokers see us as a threat? They waived the Vape away like it's bothering them. What do you do when somebody waves your Vape as if it's bothering them,

My wife acts like that but I just say "If you don't like it, get out of my fort!" Chics in forts....sheeesh!

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Being a former smoker I was around the smoke from myself and others all the time. I've been vaping for almost four years but I don't forget where I came from. My best friend lights up his Newports next to me while I'm vaping. Am I going to stay away from him until he finishes his smoke? When I would smoke cigarettes I would be conscious of the fact that a non-smoker would not want to inhale my smoke so I would be courteous. It can very well be that when I'm vaping nowadays a smoker may veer away from me. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they despise my vaping, rather they are being courteous to me. Another thing is that if a smoker sees a person vaping they get a guilt trip being that they know that what they are doing is harmful and when they see the vape its a reminder towards that so they try to stay away from the truth and reality. Lastly, as a vaper I try to have the awareness of the fact that many won't want to inhale my vapor as it was when I was a smoker. Therefore I use a mtl setup all the time outdoors and when I am indoors I am free to use my fog machine.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I strive to be respectful of those around me. In meetings big or small I will hold the vape in so as not to exhale any vapor. In my office MTL, I exhale the vapor but I don't chase clouds so it dissipates quickly.

I appreciate the fact that no one gives me grief in my office or in meetings, I return the respect by not blowing clouds. I suspect huge clouds would quickly lead to a vaping ban. Then office days would intolerable.

Ostentatious displays of any activity only creates more antis. We don't need to give anti-vapers any more reason to lobby against our vape.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I strive to be respectful of those around me. In meetings big or small I will hold the vape in so as not to exhale any vapor. In my office MTL, I exhale the vapor but I don't chase clouds so it dissipates quickly.

I appreciate the fact that no one gives me grief in my office or in meetings, I return the respect by not blowing clouds. I suspect huge clouds would quickly lead to a vaping ban. Then office days would intolerable.

Ostentatious displays of any activity only creates more antis. We don't need to give anti-vapers any more reason to lobby against our vape.

With people you know, is about mutual respect. It’s different with strangers though. I mean respect, yes we can give it but they don’t always know we’re trying to be respectful b

I always ask people I know if they mind if I vape in their house or car. And if it is, I mtl. And I try to ask, too, if it smells bad, because I can not vape, if it does.

But in the wild, and I never vape indoors at stores, restaurants, etc, but outside, I try to be off by myself. ( I mean, that’s my MO vaping or not to be honest lol). I have no problem with smokers as far as wanting to convert them or looking down on them. You do you, I say.

I don’t chase clouds per de, but I do use some fairly foggy gear outside. When I vape on the front porch, sometimes it probably looks like my house is on fire. If anyone doesn’t like that, well too bad for them. If anyone is so sensitive or emotionally fragile they are triggered by the mere sight of a cloud, they’re way too soft for this world.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Cant say iv ever had that problem.
I vape alone, yeah, with nobody else.
Me to actually...i'm a lonevaper :D
Had a compliment (smells good) from a woman friend that used to be staunch anti vape....only because of what she read and heard. She's coming around lately, mostly because i've been patiently educating her (and others) over time. Then later I showed her my sexy little Minifit pod...that really got her attention and almost admiration...wow that's beautiful, and it doesn't make much smoke she said...:D
She also said there's a guy in their office that has one of those. He smokes it lightly in there, and the people don't mind that much...:thumb:
Bottom line...we'll win them over in time, but its up to us how we promote our hobby ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man, I think a lot of this is FDA stuff, pitting smokers against vapers. If I were a smoker and watching the Credulous News Channel, well, I'd have to say that I probably would think that vapers were poisoning the well so to speak, for smokers, and be somewhat defensive about that.

It's a shame the issue is divisive because it also divides smokers from vapers and the ability to see it as harm reduction and whatnot, and what could be "fruitful" corrals, not just "corrals of mutual hate."

Etc.

Just found out Tucson is trying to pass it's very first VAPE law. LOL, no vaping until the age of....

Yep, 21 NOT 18, so like, 3 good years for the teens to get addicted to smoking first.

Eh.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: mintymints
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread