Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! First and most important, a group of truly nice folks to talk to. Second the information found here is usually quite accurate. It's rare you'll be given bad or misleading information, and if it does occur, you'll find a crowd jumping in to sort it out for you. Usually.

Oh, and we're not allowed to use potty mouth here. A plus for some folks, a negative for others.

The best way to get the most out of the forum is to just jump in, start reading, and ask questions.

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Greetings! Good question.

For me, I love this place. I have been here for some time. Have been on other forums, but find that they are too "high tech" and, as such, not good for people new to vaping. Some get pretty high-and-mighty. Others are too geared toward only one element of vaping. Some have a lot of judgemental opinions and pretty nasty arguments.

The ECF has been around for quite a while and seems to have something for everyone: beginners, long-time vapers, DIYers (both liquids and mods), chatters, etc. There are a lot of great informational "stickies" placed at the top of many forums, most of which are well worth reading.

Probably the best part of ECF, in my opinion, are the mods and the members. There is no such thing as a "dumb question," there is no flaming, and, though there are a variety of opinions, there are no arguments.

Hope you enjoy it here. Look around, ask questions and feel free to provide your experiences to a thread.

And I almost forgot-- the contests are a great way to have fun, participate, and possibly win some cool stuff.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with all of the above comments. This is a great forum to learn about vaping.

I joined here in 2012 when I began vaping. Much of what I learned about vaping was taught by experienced and knowledgable veterans on this site. In appreciation of that, I've dedicated my free time to extending that same service to others here.

This is the only vaping forum that I frequent. Because the moderators here are a "little more strict" than other forums, this site is free from online bullying or flaming. "Trolls" are kept to a minimum. There is a large group of veterans who are willing to share their knowledge and experience to newcomers, and offer positive support to smokers who are hoping to quit smoking, or newcomers who are experiencing less than favorable results with their gear, e-liquid choices, or techniques. And as someone said earlier, there is no such thing as "stupid" questions.

Everyone here pretty much accepts that there is no BEST way to vape, and respects the opinions of others. We all think that our current setups are what everyone else should use, or at least try, so you'll see a lot of that. What's important is to find what works best for YOU.

Oh, and battery safety is of utmost importance here.

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
This is gonna sound weird but i tend to get along better with older folks (im 26)

Most guys my age i ends up hating 90% of the time. :lol:

No offense to anyone but ecf seems to have more "older" people which makes for a chill forum overall. Great year for me vaping thanks to folks here :D

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I joined because when starting, every time I researched something, it pointed here, and had the best info. I no longer really need help like I did, but still move on to the next thing occasionally, and you can't find a better source of good info for new stuff before you buy. I frequent it more than I need to because the level of intelligence, civility, and propriety is, for the most part, much higher than you'll find anywhere on the internet. It's mostly really good people who will spend a great deal of time helping others.

As far as what to check out, you can get pointed to some good threads by popping in on the New Members forum, chiming in, and finding that there are related threads that might interest you. You can find someone posting info you like, click their profile, and see where they've been, and might want to check out those threads.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
The people, the advice, the non-judgmental attitude.

Who called me?
A0F0A6C7-778B-48D2-B340-81F596C1415F.jpeg

Reactions: CMD-Ky

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Greetings!
I am new to this forum, and want to know what you like best about being an ECF member. What do you recommend I check out? Is there anything you think is different about ECF than other forums? Fill me in!
I love it because of all the information here anything you could every want to know about vaping is here.its also a way to commune with other vapors i dont see that many around my town

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Greetings!
I am new to this forum, and want to know what you like best about being an ECF member. What do you recommend I check out? Is there anything you think is different about ECF than other forums? Fill me in!
I recommend you check out a little of everything to find out what you like best. ECF is different from other vaping forums in that it’s a little more strict here. That seems to keep folks from acting like buttholes for the most part. Also this place has the most information on vaping gear and everything that goes with it.
What I like best is the nice folks and their vaping knowledge. Before I found this place I had crap gear that cost too much and didn’t work well. After consulting the experts here I found the gear that helped me quit smoking. Then I left for a few years because I was happy with what I had. Came back and my head was spinning with all the new stuff and I basically had to learn about the gear all over again. So now I hang around enough so I don’t fall out of the loop which is great but it is also expensive. Well I’ve been rambling long enough, enjoy this wonderful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread