The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What do you like best about ECF?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Kelly Weed, Aug 10, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kelly Weed

Kelly Weed Full Member

Aug 9, 2018
    NC
    Greetings!
    I am new to this forum, and want to know what you like best about being an ECF member. What do you recommend I check out? Is there anything you think is different about ECF than other forums? Fill me in!

• Like Like x 6
  2. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Hi and welcome! First and most important, a group of truly nice folks to talk to. Second the information found here is usually quite accurate. It's rare you'll be given bad or misleading information, and if it does occur, you'll find a crowd jumping in to sort it out for you. Usually.

Oh, and we're not allowed to use potty mouth here. A plus for some folks, a negative for others.

The best way to get the most out of the forum is to just jump in, start reading, and ask questions.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Bradder

Bradder Do you see me? Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 12, 2011
    North Carolina, USA
    Greetings! Good question.

For me, I love this place. I have been here for some time. Have been on other forums, but find that they are too "high tech" and, as such, not good for people new to vaping. Some get pretty high-and-mighty. Others are too geared toward only one element of vaping. Some have a lot of judgemental opinions and pretty nasty arguments.

The ECF has been around for quite a while and seems to have something for everyone: beginners, long-time vapers, DIYers (both liquids and mods), chatters, etc. There are a lot of great informational "stickies" placed at the top of many forums, most of which are well worth reading.

Probably the best part of ECF, in my opinion, are the mods and the members. There is no such thing as a "dumb question," there is no flaming, and, though there are a variety of opinions, there are no arguments.

Hope you enjoy it here. Look around, ask questions and feel free to provide your experiences to a thread.

And I almost forgot-- the contests are a great way to have fun, participate, and possibly win some cool stuff.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  5. jandrew

jandrew Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    All the pictures of shiny stuff, of course. (although, that can be the worst thing about ECF too :eek:).

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I agree with all of the above comments. This is a great forum to learn about vaping.

I joined here in 2012 when I began vaping. Much of what I learned about vaping was taught by experienced and knowledgable veterans on this site. In appreciation of that, I've dedicated my free time to extending that same service to others here.

This is the only vaping forum that I frequent. Because the moderators here are a "little more strict" than other forums, this site is free from online bullying or flaming. "Trolls" are kept to a minimum. There is a large group of veterans who are willing to share their knowledge and experience to newcomers, and offer positive support to smokers who are hoping to quit smoking, or newcomers who are experiencing less than favorable results with their gear, e-liquid choices, or techniques. And as someone said earlier, there is no such thing as "stupid" questions.

Everyone here pretty much accepts that there is no BEST way to vape, and respects the opinions of others. We all think that our current setups are what everyone else should use, or at least try, so you'll see a lot of that. What's important is to find what works best for YOU.

Oh, and battery safety is of utmost importance here.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Love Love x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. lupinehorror

lupinehorror numpty wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    welcome to the show.
    whatever your vaping style, level of expertise or favourite gear there will be a section for you.
    all inhabited by knowledgeable folks and vigilant mods.
    enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  8. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    This is gonna sound weird but i tend to get along better with older folks (im 26)

Most guys my age i ends up hating 90% of the time. :lol:

No offense to anyone but ecf seems to have more "older" people which makes for a chill forum overall. Great year for me vaping thanks to folks here :D

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2017
    I joined because when starting, every time I researched something, it pointed here, and had the best info. I no longer really need help like I did, but still move on to the next thing occasionally, and you can't find a better source of good info for new stuff before you buy. I frequent it more than I need to because the level of intelligence, civility, and propriety is, for the most part, much higher than you'll find anywhere on the internet. It's mostly really good people who will spend a great deal of time helping others.

As far as what to check out, you can get pointed to some good threads by popping in on the New Members forum, chiming in, and finding that there are related threads that might interest you. You can find someone posting info you like, click their profile, and see where they've been, and might want to check out those threads.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I joined for information, hung around due to the people.

Welcome to the community.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  11. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Gosh. Where do you start?

The people, the advice, the non-judgmental attitude.

Other forums are often troll-fests. Ask a simple question then regret having invested 3 minutes in signing up. Everyone has to start somewhere. We get that. Many don't sadly.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Who called me?
    A0F0A6C7-778B-48D2-B340-81F596C1415F.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    ^^^this :lol:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. williamclarkonet

williamclarkonet Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2014
    Iowa United States
    I love it because of all the information here anything you could every want to know about vaping is here.its also a way to commune with other vapors i dont see that many around my town

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    you guys are making me think of old school films that remind me of... me ;)

My favourite;
    544A5E92-230C-4A19-BAD1-74BEE09F7B86.jpeg
    Now you can think of me as Arnie. All you newbie guys are like that kid I look after who also helps me from time to time...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Truthfully though, this forum is real helpful. It was only yesterday I was asking questions that after so long still evade me.
    The guys here help without a 2nd thought.

They aren’t in anyway condescending.
    I am, but it’s all in jest :thumbs:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I recommend you check out a little of everything to find out what you like best. ECF is different from other vaping forums in that it’s a little more strict here. That seems to keep folks from acting like buttholes for the most part. Also this place has the most information on vaping gear and everything that goes with it.
    What I like best is the nice folks and their vaping knowledge. Before I found this place I had crap gear that cost too much and didn’t work well. After consulting the experts here I found the gear that helped me quit smoking. Then I left for a few years because I was happy with what I had. Came back and my head was spinning with all the new stuff and I basically had to learn about the gear all over again. So now I hang around enough so I don’t fall out of the loop which is great but it is also expensive. Well I’ve been rambling long enough, enjoy this wonderful place.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  18. jim_87

jim_87 Resident Forum Lurker

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    Welcome, you chose I think the best vape forum on the net. I like all the great members and info on here. Also a big shout out to our awesome mods/admin. They keep the forum in tip top shape, and also partake in the conversations.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  19. dripster

dripster Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    I was planning on keeping it secret, but I especially liked the fact that, recently, someone on this forum has called me an elitist. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. dripster

dripster Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    and the atomizers of course

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1