Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I recommend you check out a little of everything to find out what you like best. ECF is different from other vaping forums in that it’s a little more strict here. That seems to keep folks from acting like buttholes for the most part. Also this place has the most information on vaping gear and everything that goes with it.
What I like best is the nice folks and their vaping knowledge. Before I found this place I had crap gear that cost too much and didn’t work well. After consulting the experts here I found the gear that helped me quit smoking. Then I left for a few years because I was happy with what I had. Came back and my head was spinning with all the new stuff and I basically had to learn about the gear all over again. So now I hang around enough so I don’t fall out of the loop which is great but it is also expensive. Well I’ve been rambling long enough, enjoy this wonderful place.
You have been stretching your wings the last several months. It's been a pleasure to watch.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Greetings!
I am new to this forum, and want to know what you like best about being an ECF member. What do you recommend I check out? Is there anything you think is different about ECF than other forums? Fill me in!
I think everyone here has already answered. :) This forum is actively moderated. It's not ran by companies selling their products, but more people just wanting to help people get into vaping, or help vapers connect to other vapers. Whether beginner or advanced, there are sub forums for everyone.

There is a wide variety of vapers on this forum. From pod systems like Juul, or Saurin Drop, to the mechanical mod drippers, and everywhere in between. I've seen advice from all sides of a vapers view on this forum. Most people here tend to be honest, and straightforward and.. for me... quite intelligent. You don't see many people on this forum recommending going dual mech mod dripper to someone who is just starting to quit vaping. Other forums tend to stray towards high wattage devices only. Here, we have all varieties.

Most everyone on here has opinions.. but most of us also realize that our opinions are just that.. opinions. We strive to help new folks get the vape they will enjoy instead of the vape WE enjoy.

We also stress common sense and safety. Don't carry loose batteries in your pockets, clean your 510 connector, Check mooches recommended battery charts, or buy from trusted vendors. These things I've heard quite often on this forum.

And you'll always get a Welcome to ECF... (BTW, Welcome to ECF!)

Kelly Weed

Aug 9, 2018
NC
I know exactly what you mean! I asked a question on another forum only to be dissed because I didn't immediately respond to a reply! How awful is that?!

QUOTE="djsvapour, post: 21077811, member: 104867"]Gosh. Where do you start?

The people, the advice, the non-judgmental attitude.

Other forums are often troll-fests. Ask a simple question then regret having invested 3 minutes in signing up. Everyone has to start somewhere. We get that. Many don't sadly.[/QUOTE]

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
ECF has something for everyone I think. Tons of really helpful information, nice people (if you except myself, LOL) and for the most part helpful and often entertaining posts on the subject of vaping plus anything you'd desire.

ECF kept me busy and smoke free during about a 14 month period, intermittently where I was learning to vape and not working. I won't be around as much soon but I remain entirely certain that someone will be around to like, entertain you, inform you, exchange information with you, and like occasionally have arguments and etc.

I hope you have a great time and welcome.

Anna

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The wealth of knowledge and friendly helpful people who make it their business to educate and assist other vapers.
It's a rarity on the internet to find a forum sufficiently well policed to keep the hundreds of thousands of members in line, but relaxed enough to allow for some fun.
We also have Mooch who's work testing batteries has made vaping better and safer for all vapers, the guy deserves a Nobel prize. You could make a great start by reading his blog if you wanted to expand your vaping knowledge.

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I hang out here because the members are polite and respectful. Really hate forums where members try to make those who ask questions feel inferior.
The sheer volume of information here is staggering. I keep my vape knowledge in a MS OneNote notebook and that notebook is filled with links to various articles, threads and blogs from here.
Its a minor reason but I like the format, especially being able to click on agree, like, funny etc...
And if I ever found myself needing a new wife I could source potential candidates here based on the quality of their vape gear and coil building skills

Pleasant_Bad

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi and glad you joined ECF!
I became a forum member not a long time ago but i always enjoy friendly attitude and trustful info here. As i observed, you can find here the answers for the most important vape questions, always get powerful psychological support if you need it and have fun chatting with fellow vapers.
Hope you'll enjoy ECF as i do. Welcome :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I adore ECF. Mainly because of our awesome members :wub:

I haven't been as active lately because of health issues but I still try to keep up with a few threads.

No question is stupid. How are you to learn if you don't ask questions? We were all new once ;)

Oh! And welcome to the forum!

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I like ECF because members are helpful, civil, and polite. Most seem to be above average in intelligence too. They are able to form entire sentences and make replies without dropping F Bombs and using foul language. It is a breath of fresh air compared to some other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread