Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I use a bridgeless atty as well, but I've yet to find a method that I like. I hate dripping...frankly I suck at it, but if I'm doing lots of testing I've not found a more efficient way. If I'm just testing one or two flavs, I use an 808 carto (left over from the early days) on an adapter (or on the 808 batt for that matter) because you can sit down with it for a bit, and they're easily cleaned/reused. Plus...I have a lot of em ;)

I bought an ego-t atty for my kgo and some tanks thinking that would be perfect, and it was until I found that there's a reservoir of some sort in that danged atty...you can't just blow it out and switch up flavs like a regular atty :( Great taste with the tanks though so I still use the tanks once in awhile when I want to sit down with a 'pure' flav (no filler).

Still looking for my dream testing setup...

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
I bought an ego-t atty for my kgo and some tanks thinking that would be perfect, and it was until I found that there's a reservoir of some sort in that danged atty...you can't just blow it out and switch up flavs like a regular atty :( Great taste with the tanks though so I still use the tanks once in awhile when I want to sit down with a 'pure' flav (no filler).

Still looking for my dream testing setup...

Check out the pump cart system from gotvapes.com. You can use the atty separate with a drip tip, or with the carts. The carts have no filler, an you don't have to fill them up all the way (obviously). It pretty much just does the dripping for you. I love the LR one. The atty is just a 510 bridgeless atty you can blow out.

GotVapes PumpCart™ Solution : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Check out the pump cart system from gotvapes.com. You can use the atty separate with a drip tip, or with the carts. The carts have no filler, an you don't have to fill them up all the way (obviously). It pretty much just does the dripping for you. I love the LR one. The atty is just a 510 bridgeless atty you can blow out.

GotVapes PumpCart™ Solution : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

I've looked at this. So far not had the greatest of luck (I'm trying to be kind...) with GotVapes or clearo-like products. :(

But thanks! I appreciate the thought :)

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
I've looked at this. So far not had the greatest of luck (I'm trying to be kind...) with GotVapes or clearo-like products. :(

But thanks! I appreciate the thought :)

Sorry to hear that! Not trying to push gotvapes, but if your only experience has been with the earlier fluxos, you should really give the visions extremes a try. Then again, clearos aren't for everyone!

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Sorry to hear that! Not trying to push gotvapes, but if your only experience has been with the earlier fluxos, you should really give the visions extremes a try. Then again, clearos aren't for everyone!

Yep, been burned with both...the older ones and the visions. When they work they're great, but 4 out of 5 of them in my experience just don't...they're not cheap, and chucking that kinda $ hoping to get one that works once in awhile isn't worth it for me. I kept trying, but for me, I'm done with em.

added: more OT...I even tried modding one for testing flavors...couldn't get that to work either, but that was probably user error. Seemed like a good idea... ;)

Last edited:

GrannyM

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Saginaw, MI
This:

I use an atty and drip but keep a small bottle of plain pg or vg to clean out the atty between tests. Just put 5 or 6 drops in the atty and blow it out into a paper towel or rag to clean.

And This:

Iken i06 atty is the best tasting atty on the market.

Easiest & best ways I've found :vapor::vapor:

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I whipped up some batches tonight and just used a couple of 510 atty's. Thanks for the advice - worked out well (and the flavors worked well too so double bonus) Made a Mango/Black Cherry and Cinnamon Danish / Caramel both at 16mg. Great results so far. I can def get deeper into DIY.

More success woohoo :thumbs:

Do you mind if I ask what brand flavoring you used? The mango/black cherry sounds interesting.

VaporChef

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
NYC, USA
I test my flavors with modded CE2- wicks shortened similar to Stardust cartomizer. Small drops to the both sides of wicks and ready to test. Inbetween flavors I just rinse coil/wick with water, wip dry with paper towel and...next please:) Clean taste, no need to dryburn.

What a great idea! Thanks so much for posting this. I'm low on atties right now, but I have plenty of CE2s. I pulled out my bin of "old" ones with half-broken wicks and cracked tubes - neither is a problem if you're just dripping anyway, right? I left the wicks as-is, put a cracked tube back on (no inner seals) and dripped 1-2 drops onto the coil/wick. Add a DT for safer lip distance and taste-tested happily. Dripped some PG or 50-50 between flavors, instead of water-rinsing, that worked too.

mahv

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2011
Estonia
What a great idea! Thanks so much for posting this. I'm low on atties right now, but I have plenty of CE2s. I pulled out my bin of "old" ones with half-broken wicks and cracked tubes - neither is a problem if you're just dripping anyway, right? I left the wicks as-is, put a cracked tube back on (no inner seals) and dripped 1-2 drops onto the coil/wick. Add a DT for safer lip distance and taste-tested happily. Dripped some PG or 50-50 between flavors, instead of water-rinsing, that worked too.
I am glad you liked it. This way is really cost effective, you can put all together from broken/used parts. I use tube from GV Sapphire carto (never worked for me)- shortened to fit over Healthcabin short clearo inner part. For rinsing I leave the inner part on battery, pulling away the tube part with drip tip on it. This is the fastest way for me.
BTW-my hubby always laughs at me, when I am in the middle of the testing. He tells It looks like meditating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread