What do you think of my clouds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouJeenC1

Jan 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC
So I've been officially cloud chasing for almost 2 months now, and I know thats nothing, I practise alot, and put alot of effort into cloud chasing and trying to get my inhale and exhale techniques down. From when I first started my clouds have gotten bigger, but from what everyone tells me is I lack distance. But for a guy my size in the video i'm already pushing my max, i'm 5'4 and 115lbs. But, What I want to know is, where do my clouds stand as far as cloud chasing? Does it need more work? Is it average? pretty good?....

Any help tips, suggestions, positive criticism is welcomed. Thanks for for your time.

*(Was a little windy outside so it threw most of my clouds off but started to cool down right around 0:40 secs)*

Setup in the video:
24k v3 Flip authentic
Mutation X v2 - 22g kanthal dual coil 5 wraps @ .16ohms
Purple 18650 eFest 35a battery
*juice is SMaxx Pony on acid

Last edited:

YouJeenC1

Jan 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Another question I have is sometimes, when I blow clouds, in certain places, the cloud size varies, does room temperature play a role in it as well?

Can anyone explain to me in details about the importance, and role your resistence, voltage and ohms play? i've read about it but, Im still finding it hard to understand, and what it does and how to find the sweet spot for a good build. How do you know what your voltage drop is? and your resistence etc?

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
There is a lot of talk about the purple efest batteries in respect to their amperage continuous discharge. Although people push batteries all the time and their batteries are fine, there is still the possibility of something going wrong. Vaping safe is like only using 75% of your battery amperage. Vaping extreme is like using 100%. Need to have good batteries which are true to their specs to be safe in both cases. Maybe that's just me being cautious.

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
Another question I have is sometimes, when I blow clouds, in certain places, the cloud size varies, does room temperature play a role in it as well?

Temperature and humidity both influence the cloud, although temperature indoors will have a greater impact on humidity. Try this experiment. Go to your bathroom with your cell and video yourself taking a drag off your PV. Then, after the vapor dissipates, run the shower on hot until the bathroom is warmer and the air is more humid. Video yourself taking another drag and compare. Cool, dry air will cause vapor to dissipate quickly while warm moist air will allow it to linger.

yeh but we eciggers are pulsing, continuous would be like a torch :)

Unless you are only holding that button down for a fraction of a second, you are not pulsing!!!!

The "pulse" rating of a battery indicates the maximum current that the battery can sustain for extremely short periods of time, measured in MILLISECONDS.

Remember that lithium chemistry batteries were designed for electronics, the pulse rating applies to situations like when all the transistors in a CPU switch at once and that little chip pulls 30 amps for less than 1/100th of a second and then drops back to only using a few watts again, or when a motor first turns on and pulls 10 times its normal current for the 10th of a second it takes to begin spinning. Vaping is NOT pulse use.

Back on topic, yes, temperature and humidity affect cloud size and density to a fairly dramatic degree. Warmer, more humid air (to an extent) produces better clouds than cold, dry air (just like with regular clouds).

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Unless you are only holding that button down for a fraction of a second, you are not pulsing!!!!

The "pulse" rating of a battery indicates the maximum current that the battery can sustain for extremely short periods of time, measured in MILLISECONDS.

Remember that lithium chemistry batteries were designed for electronics, the pulse rating applies to situations like when all the transistors in a CPU switch at once and that little chip pulls 30 amps for less than 1/100th of a second and then drops back to only using a few watts again, or when a motor first turns on and pulls 10 times its normal current for the 10th of a second it takes to begin spinning. Vaping is NOT pulse use.

Back on topic, yes, temperature and humidity affect cloud size and density to a fairly dramatic degree. Warmer, more humid air (to an extent) produces better clouds than cold, dry air (just like with regular clouds).

halfway down the page >> Battery Safety and Ohm's Law - onVaping

pulse current >> Panasonic 3400mah 18650 battery NCR18650B rechargeable 3.7V

pca >> Battery-Web.com - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

page 3 >> http://web.mit.edu/evt/summary_battery_specifications.pdf

explain!!

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
The second video looks a lot better but atmosphere definitely plays a role, as previously stated.

The Smax juice has good vapor production but my POA bottle didn't 'put out' like the store sample did. Go figure. Ohms and volts are important but WATTAGE is the heat that is produced. It's a constant across different voltages and resistances.

As I'm sure you've read, higher VG content makes more clouds. I routinely add straight VG to juices to dilute flavor and increase cloud production. Spend some time with a coil calculator like steam engine before you rebuild. I look for higher heat flux and lower heat capacity (do the ohm's law to determine your wattage for a realistic heat flux). I've yet to find a 22ga setup that I like, even on a regulated mod. The more you play with the numbers you'll see a relationship between heat flux and heat capacity that leads you away from 22ga and toward 26ga. Heat flux is the "hotness of the vape" and heat capacity is the ramp up/down time (slower ramp down gunks coils and turns wick brown). Those are my words from experience, not science.

The biggest clouds I've blown on a single battery mech were with 24ga parallels @ 0.125-0.14 ohms (depending on the ohmmeter) but I didn't feel good about the amperage draw. AT ALL. It's approaching the pulse limit and, in my book, THAT AIN'T COOL. It did, however, make people go WhattheF?!?! When I was out and about. Even people that were holding drippers. Once upon a time at a B+M with that build... I totally stole a dude's thunder that just rebuilt a 30mm dripper on a Congestus w my MX1 on a 18650 stingray. Anyways...

For a single battery mech - To date 26ga parallels @ 0.16 ohm (on the lowest reading meter I have) was the standard by which I've failed to replicate with a different gauge or build. Am currently vaping on a 25ga parallel build @ 0.15 that is not as good in any regard (lower heat flux and higher heat capacity). The 26ga parallel build ramped up fast, blew big clouds and wasn't scary (to me) as far as batteries are concerned. I also use Mutation Xs (v1 and v2) on Efest 35A/20A batteries. 1/8" is my "standard" diameter. Again, play with a calculator to see what gives you better heat flux and capacity numbers.

IMHO to blow stupid clouds you need more than one battery. I prefer 2*18650 in series @ 8V. Here's the only cloud pic I have. DIY dual series mech box, VTC4s, mutationXv2 with 26ga duals @ 0.44. 19A. 150ish WATTS (on a mech box). The low amperage is just ohm's law. 2*V and 4*Ω = the same wattage as a single battery build but with half the amps.

I wish I had kept that build in tact. It was before I learned anything about inhale/exhale techniques. It just chucked the Fn clouds no matter what I did. It was angry and thirsty. 6 drops of juice per hit or so.

Sorry for the preachy/rambly post. I hope any of this helps you get "there". Blow those clouds YouJeen!!!!

Last edited:

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
The second video looks a lot better but atmosphere definitely plays a role, as previously stated.

The Smax juice has good vapor production but my POA bottle didn't 'put out' like the store sample did. Go figure. Ohms and volts are important but WATTAGE is the heat that is produced. It's a constant across different voltages and resistances.

As I'm sure you've read, higher VG content makes more clouds. I routinely add straight VG to juices to dilute flavor and increase cloud production. Spend some time with a coil calculator like steam engine before you rebuild. I look for higher heat flux and lower heat capacity (do the ohm's law to determine your wattage for a realistic heat flux). I've yet to find a 22ga setup that I like, even on a regulated mod. The more you play with the numbers you'll see a relationship between heat flux and heat capacity that leads you away from 22ga and toward 26ga. Heat flux is the "hotness of the vape" and heat capacity is the ramp up/down time (slower ramp down gunks coils and turns wick brown). Those are my words from experience, not science.

The biggest clouds I've blown on a single battery mech were with 24ga parallels @ 0.125-0.14 ohms (depending on the ohmmeter) but I didn't feel good about the amperage draw. AT ALL. It's approaching the pulse limit and, in my book, THAT AIN'T COOL. It did, however, make people go WhattheF?!?! When I was out and about. Even people that were holding drippers. Once upon a time at a B+M with that build... I totally stole a dude's thunder that just rebuilt a 30mm dripper on a Congestus w my MX1 on a 18650 stingray. Anyways...

For a single battery mech - To date 26ga parallels @ 0.16 ohm (on the lowest reading meter I have) was the standard by which I've failed to replicate with a different gauge or build. Am currently vaping on a 25ga parallel build @ 0.15 that is not as good in any regard (lower heat flux and higher heat capacity). The 26ga parallel build ramped up fast, blew big clouds and wasn't scary (to me) as far as batteries are concerned. I also use Mutation Xs (v1 and v2) on Efest 35A/20A batteries. 1/8" is my "standard" diameter. Again, play with a calculator to see what gives you better heat flux and capacity numbers.

IMHO to blow stupid clouds you need more than one battery. I prefer 2*18650 in series @ 8V. Here's the only cloud pic I have. DIY dual series mech box, VTC4s, mutationXv2 with 26ga duals @ 0.44. 19A. 150ish WATTS (on a mech box). The low amperage is just ohm's law. 2*V and 4*Ω = the same wattage as a single battery build but with half the amps.

I wish I had kept that build in tact. It was before I learned anything about inhale/exhale techniques. It just chucked the Fn clouds no matter what I did. It was angry and thirsty. 6 drops of juice per hit or so.

Sorry for the preachy/rambly post. I hope any of this helps you get "there". Blow those clouds YouJeen!!!!

Thank you so very much for this information, I will definitely be using this formula

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
johndoe1027, i got a question about your series setup.

while i get more density out of my series fet box, over my parallel box. The cloud production isnt as much.
It boils down to, I cant take as much of an inhale, without the cotton drying up under the coils.

care to share how you play with a series setup?

My daily driver is a series box and my MutationV2 (dualcoil/26ga./3mm dia. coils/0.6ohms).
2015-01-09.jpg

box is self made/engraved :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread