What e-liquid to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think the Zelos kit is really prone to leaking. I've never had an issue with it. However, I fill to the fill line. Period. That gives you about 1.7 ml capacity (it's advertised as a 2 ml tank). The only time I got a leak out of the Nautilus 2 was when an O-ring became deformed. It was my quitting tank, and I subjected it to a fair amount of abuse. It's also a good idea to close off airholes when the mod is in transit, or when filling, etc. But, if used correctly, I would call the N2 the opposite of a leaker. My oldest N2 is close to a year old and my husband is now using all my N2s during his own, well, at this point I will call it dual use attempt. He also has had zero issues.

People who complain the N2 is a leaker are either overfilling it, using it incorrectly, or something has gone majorly wrong. I haven't seen a ton of folks state it's a leaker. Fiddly, annoying, lacking capacity topfill (after they've vaped a while) yes. Leaking, not so much. Also, it can be easy to flood the coil if not very attentive to the topfill process, so you may need to blow out any excess in the chimney prior to vaping (blow gently through the airholes, with a napkin or whatever right below the airholes, to catch the liquid trapped in the chimney. Etc.)

But in my experience, it's been a total non leaker. I think I have four in my collection floating about.

I'd probably be just as inclined to recommend the Innoken Zenith tank for a good MTL vape, as well, although there is someone on the Zenith thread discussing leaking issues, although to me it sounded like a missing or defective O-ring, or a defective tank.

There is an O-ring under the top of the bell cap in the N2 that needs to be correctly placed, IIRC. I've had that O-ring shift or go missing, but any leaks were resolved by simply replacing it.

Anna

Reactions: Chajo

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
Anna - Glad to hear your comments based on actual use of the Zelos N2 as I have seen a few reviews about leaking issues. I would imagine that might be a bigger issue with newbies (like me), but I will try to pay extra attention in order to try to avoid it.

I just ordered the starter kit and need to re-read the manual a bunch of times, as my first couple of times through it, I don't remember the document going into detail about o-ring replacement. Sure hope I just read over that part! Also, haven't run across a YouTube, etc. video that even addressed the O-rings - other than to say it comes with spares.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No worries. I'm not sure if the N2 has one of those disassembly things where you can see how it comes apart and where. If it doesn't there may be one on the manufacturer's page or elsewhere on the internet. But, you may not have leaking at all, and if you do, well, you should be able to find one. I want to say there's one in the package but it's been awhile since I've opened one to see, I can't remember and still waking up. If I come across one I will post it.

Anna

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
Just to simplify things for me to get started, I ordered two 10ml bottles of Halo/Evo when I ordered the Aspire starter kit. One is menthol/tobacco at 70PG/30VG, the other just menthol at 30PG/70VG. Both with 12 mg nic. We'll see what this tells me initially - then I will likely try to be a little bit more 'discerning' with my next purchase of e-liquids.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
No juice can duplicate the taste of burning tobacco. If you taste something burnt from a vape coil something is burning and thats not good. Tobacco flavors, to me, taste like drawing on an unlit cigarette or possibly chewing tobacco. While some people like these flavors, they do remind me of smoking so i avoid them. And after you vape a while on whatever flavor gets it for you, a tobacco cigarette will taste like burning s*it. I personally like dessert and cereal flavors. And maybe a few fruit flavors now and then. And on the rare ocassion, necessitated by burnt coil i dont have time to fix or dead batteries, i will breakdown and, egads, smoke a marlboro. And the extremely nasty taste is what keeps me from returning to cigarettes full time. Its weird, too, because before i started vapin i couldnt quit because i loved the taste of marlboros. Try to find a good dessert flavor to groove on and youll soon forget about tobacco. Killer kustard by vapetasia is a very vanilla custard flavor and if the vanilla comes off as too much, they also make a strawberry version. The one by beard vape makes a strawberry cereal donut milk flavor that is really nice and they also make a lemon crumb cake that rocks too. There are many many others out there and half the fun of vaping is finding the flavor that flips your cookie. Vape on!

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
I got my kit over the weekend and began using almost immediately. First two days, I reduced my cigs down to 3 each day (from about 10-11, normally); but yesterday I smoked 4 - mostly because I am trying to see what the differences are. I am also switching in between the two Halo/Evo e-liquids I got. I can't yet tell a huge difference between the two, even though one is higher PG and the other higher VG. Although the menthol/tobacco blend isn't as "sweet" at the menthol (which is primarily spearmint) - and it does actually taste more like a "real' cigarette. At this early juncture, I don't think I like the sweetness too much.

BTW - I am guessing (hoping) that the amber color of the menthol/tobacco blend is 'normal'? So much of what I read on here talked about darker colors potentially indicating older juices; but, then I also didn't see too many of you using tobacco blends.

I will continue on...

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I got my kit over the weekend and began using almost immediately. First two days, I reduced my cigs down to 3 each day (from about 10-11, normally); but yesterday I smoked 4 - mostly because I am trying to see what the differences are. I am also switching in between the two Halo/Evo e-liquids I got. I can't yet tell a huge difference between the two, even though one is higher PG and the other higher VG. Although the menthol/tobacco blend isn't as "sweet" at the menthol (which is primarily spearmint) - and it does actually taste more like a "real' cigarette. At this early juncture, I don't think I like the sweetness too much.

BTW - I am guessing (hoping) that the amber color of the menthol/tobacco blend is 'normal'? So much of what I read on here talked about darker colors potentially indicating older juices; but, then I also didn't see too many of you using tobacco blends.

I will continue on...
Even non-tobacco flavored eliquids can be amber in color - and most eliquids darken at least a little over time. I’ve had a few darken to the color of coffee. Most of my eliquids don’t last long enough to do that though. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread