What epoxy/sealant is safe to be used on equipment that will be in contact with e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    After 4 years, battery life is not great any more though

Perhaps a quad 18650 mod like this Streamcrave Titan PWM mod might be up your alley. Should last you a while if you're easy on the PWM module and the 510 connector (although both may be easy to replace). They well them at USA sites, but shipping these days might be more of a hassle than from China lol.

Internal batts are nice, but as you know they don't last forever and replacing them can be a b:censored: and sourcing decent batts can be impossible. Something like this should last you a lot longer and you can run it on 4 batts (or 2 of you want but you won't get 5100mAh with just 2 batts), so you can vape a while before replacing the batts.

It's a PWM mod so you adjust voltage, not wattage, but it's the same thing. Instead of adjusting for your atty's output wattage, your adjusting for your input voltage to achieve that wattage.

Just spend a little while looking for 18560 VW mods that take more than 2 batts but they aren't that popular these days apparently. There was the eleaf Ruleaux but good luck finding it.

CountingCrows

ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2016
    Perhaps a quad 18650 mod like this Streamcrave Titan PWM mod might be up your alley. Should last you a while if you're easy on the PWM module and the 510 connector (although both may be easy to replace). They well them at USA sites, but shipping these days might be more of a hassle than from China lol.

That is 11 cm high and heavier than an IKEN without batteries!

You think someone who goes through the hassle of opening up the mod to jumpstart or replace the battery or offer $300 for IKENs would not bother looking around to at least few hundred mods? I am looking many years. No replacements.

Once I found out that IKEN is what I want, I ordered extra ones. But bloody hell, while they were working initially, they died in my home in 3 months of no usage!

• Agree
    Reactions: Feuille

CountingCrows

ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2016

CountingCrows

ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2016
    Here is weight comparison of some mods.

Without tank, with batteries, in grams.

280 Vaporesso Luxe 2 (6000 mAH)
    256 Asmodus Minikin V2 (6000 mAH)
    250 Wismec RX2/3 (6000 mAH)
    225 Wismec RX GEN3 Dual (6000 mAH)
    190 Asmodus Tribeaut (3000 mAH)
    178 Kanger IKEN (5100 mAH)
    170 Eleaf Invoke (6000 mAH)
    150 Kanger Topbox (3000 mAH)
    135 Vaporesso Luxe Mini (2500 mAH)
    100 Innokin Kroma-Z (3000 mAH)

That Vaporesso Luxe 2 is very solidly built and high quality, but it is a pain to lift.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    fussy, fussy, fussy o_O

meanwhile i’m enjoying a sh*t ton of great mods and rba’s

…cuz…

Not Fussy

but if anyone can find me a Zooskoossassrappin 571.3 mod that weighs exactly 192.639 grams let me know

the Zooskoossassrappin is the only quality mod out there, all the rest are total flops

ok, carry on then

:thumbs: :banana: :rickroll: :banana: :thumbs:

• Agree
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

CountingCrows

ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2016
    Some people are okay with everything. Attributed to lack of character. They try to belittle others for their choices. They don't get far in life.

Some people will go after what they desire, no matter how difficult it might be.

May I suggest you learn to be respectful to others? Somebody has done this before and I kept quiet. I didn't ask anything of you and let me choose what I want to choose. If you can contribute, good. If not, sod off.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Some people are okay with everything. Attributed to lack of character. They try to belittle others for their choices. They don't get far in life.

Some people will go after what they desire, no matter how difficult it might be.

May I suggest you learn to be respectful to others? Somebody has done this before and I kept quiet. I didn't ask anything of you and let me choose what I want to choose. If you can contribute, good. If not, sod off.
    Hmmm, :rolleyes: No one disrespected you. No one belittled you.

:censored:, I didn't even reply to any of your posts.

I did contribute a Large Serving of Basic Common Sense to the thread.

FWIW, the ECF Forum:rules: very clearly state:

9. Personal attacks
    You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

Forum Rules

Ya might want to read those. People do get booted for not following da rulez. ;)

Have a nice Day and good luck with the Ikan's.

CountingCrows

ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2016

Lighter than Minikin 2 and not too much heavier than IKEN. I had too many issues with Wismec (I had to solder the wires, etc). But it is the closest match.

I ordered one. Let me see.

This is THE replacement for Kanger IKEN.

Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 Dual

Slightly heavier but what to do. I should not have passed on Wismec back then. This is the lightest smallest dual 18650 mod by a large margin (apart from Eleaf Invoke which is a different shape).

This too had too many issues, but tightening 2 screws fixed them and worked reliably afterwards. I ordered 10, solving my mod problem for a lifetime.

Reactions: 440BB

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    JB Weld is non toxic after it has cured, so their site states. I used it to repair the press fit squonk tube on my original Lost Vape Drone.
    I was Just thinking that the poster could go to the threads all over the internet regarding the drone that everyone had to DIY fix and see what they were using because that seems like it might match up. I don't know anyone that's tried to repair a tank personally but I know three people who had to repair their brand new mod when it came out

• Agree
    Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I was Just thinking that the poster could go to the threads all over the internet regarding the drone that everyone had to DIY fix and see what they were using because that seems like it might match up. I don't know anyone that's tried to repair a tank personally but I know three people who had to repair their brand new mod when it came out
    I've never actually repaired a cracked tank with any kind of epoxy before, just around the outside of the feed tube.

For cracked tanks, I just dig through my big box of Fasttech spares that were acquired back in the day. ;)

Reactions: AvaOrchid

CountingCrows

ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2016
    Loctite Silicone fixed all 4 tanks. No leakage at all. I am using them for a month now.

It was a whole lot easer to apply than epoxy as well. I just pust a very small amount and pressed it over the cracks. Then wiped the glass with ethyl alcohol. No smear, you would not know something was put there.

CASE CLOSED.

Reactions: 440BB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread