WHAT HAPPENED to Dekang RY4 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwmonroe

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Orchard Park, NY
6 months ago Dekang's RY4 was CONSISTENTLY sweet and rich. My last two orders are TOTALLY diffrrent... awful. The taste is not even CLOSE to what it originally was.

What gives?? Have they changed their recipe? If so, WHY?

This has always been my "all day vape" so I'm obviously upset about this flavor change.

Has ANYONE discovered a juice they can recommend that is comparable to Dekang's ORIGINAL RY4 from 6 months ago?

Thanks in advance...

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
I was thinking about ordering some as my stock has gone down. Where did you buy it? I was thinking of buying from Sticklyejuice as they are the only seller in the states that I know of that sells the Dekang in 36 mg nic.

Vapor4Life do, their premium liquid is dekang.

As for the RY4, this has been done to death, the short story is... the old engineer left around May time and took the recipe with him, so any new batches of it do taste completely different, and i do miss it, apparently Ikenvape have recreated the old recipe and will be selling it soon, can't wait to try it.

RETUSN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Bremerton, WA
Maybe it's you? I have found that the longer I go without analogs the more my favorites taste change. It maybe the formula changed but it just might be your tastebuds have changed since your last order. Your posted stated a 6 month difference in orders, might be you need to let your juice steep a week or 2.

Calm down and breath, goose frabah, goose frabah :)

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
I think the Freedom Smoke USA RY4 is amazing. But it tastes nothing like the original. I don't know why they even call it RY4.

Hopefully ikenvape starts selling his soon. (if he isnt already.)
agree with you on FSUSA. the closest ones from the old DK to me are LF, HC and awesomevapor followed by FA oRYental4, riskee, taboo and dulcis.
smokeytreats were selling the stuff that were supposed to be made by the same guy that left DK and had the recipe and blah blah blah. i got some of it and it didn't impress me much. i got my hopes up to the one ikenvape is about to get.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Repost from another almost identical thread:

I've tried many supplier versions of DK RY4(and most of the assorted variants). Something did happen with the "general" DK RY4 recipe back in May of this year, and there are several competing stories as to what and why. You can still get the "original" DK RY4 from a few suppliers(RMV & eliquidplanet being 2 of them). There are 2 main problem with the DK RY4 situation:#1 there is "fake" chinese origin DK in the market and some people may be getting this #2. DK doesn't just have 1 RY4 recipe, they custom blend different RY4 formulations for their many distributors- so the DK RY4 you may be getting from madvapes may not be the exact same DK RY4 that your getting from, say, litecigUSA(I'm just using supplier names at random here for purposes of explanation).

THE BEST(in my humble opinion) RY4 is a variant(probably made by DK and relabeled - but I haven't confirmed this). It is sold by VaporTalk and sold under the label Dulcis. It is, without doubt, the smoothest, best tasting, cleanest and best vapor producing RY4 (or variant) I've ever had. I only use it sparingly as a treat because, again in my opinion, it's far too expensive(even for the quality) - I will NOT regularly spend more than $1 per ml as , again in my opinion, there is FAR too much of a profit margin being asked for by the vendor at this pricing level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread