What health benefits have you experienced since starting vaping and losing the analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mist opportunity

May 16, 2013
UK
I've also lost a couple of pounds and I'm finding that instead of reaching for snacks, I'll vape on sweet flavours which satisfy my cravings!

I don't cough up any gunk any more and I've stopped wheezing
I can walk up a few flights of stairs without panting
My hair is suddenly super shiny and really healthy (I don't know if it's because I ditched analogs but it's a huge coincidence) AND I can still smell my conditioner the next day lol
I'm drinking more water to combat dehydration, but I've noticed I have little interest in sugary soda, I've not had any in a couple of weeks

Tornadotwist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
United States
I just noticed a few days ago that I can smell better. I noticed that I could smell a smoker of analog's a mile away versus not being able to at all, with that said, I'm sure my taste is coming back to, but that's hard to tell with all these quitting smoking canker sores on my tongue lol. My digestion seems to be working better, I'd say I have more energy, but I'm not sure....I have 6 children so if I had extra energy they sure do zap it out of me the second my feet hit the floor when I crawl out of bed lol. I sleep better, I was suffering from insomnia for years, and now I can actually go to bed at a decent time, and stay asleep. My house, and clothes smell better, but I think the best health benefit that I noticed right off, is that my children are no longer around the smoke and smell, which makes them instantly healthier.

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
1. A much improved sense of taste and smell. There are so many really good-tasting things out there, like fresh mango sherbet...
2. I don't binge-munch like I did, and can actually make a package of Pringles or After-Eights last for more than 3 minutes, because I can appreciate the taste...
3. My circulation seems to be better and my skin is less dingy.
4. I think I'm calmer.
5. Definitely better hydrated, since I am forcing myself to drink more water.
6. I don't get winded walking up inclines.
7. I think my energy levels have improved.

I feel very good about myself, for doing something vital for my own well-being. This could be the basis for other improvements in the quality of my life!

The only downside so far is that I no longer have a perfect excuse to leave the school at breaks...and have discovered that I have some really, really, really irritating colleagues. I think I'll keep leaving just to get some peace and quiet...

jfango

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Salisbury MO
If anyone was gonna say that it was gonna be RED roflmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's got a good point, because I'll admit that my orgasms have been much more intense! I was wondering if anyone else would or could say the same. It's been almost 4 months since I quit the 45 year smoking habit, and I feel MUCH better than I have in a long time. Today I smelled lilacs or honeysuckle while riding my motorcycle to work, and I can't remember ever being able to pick up scents as faint as it was. Ecigs are so revolutionary! Starting the smoking habit was one of the worst days in my life, and being able to stop as easily as I did was by far one of the very best! vape on!

SFBrianT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
San Francisco
I have stopped coughing all the time.
My allergies seem to have improved, but this may just be a coincidence
I am definitely sleeping better
My sense of smell has returned. (not always a good thing)
Other people have mentioned that my skin looks healthier, going so far as to say it is "glowing". I haven't noticed this though,.

VapHer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Houston, TX
Prior to vaping I was on Advair long acting inhaler in the morning, rescue inhaler usually about 2 times per day, and nebulizer treatment at night. Bye-Bye nebulizer treatment, and I rarely if ever have to use my rescue inhaler ;)

And I'm not totally quit smoking analogs yet, but decreasing every day... I smoke maybe 1/4 ppd now. Whoohoo!

I am also noticing I'm sleeping better!

TinaBaleena

Jun 3, 2013
Humble, TX
I can breathe MUCH better just 18 days without an analog. 3 days after switching from smoke to vape I could breath using ONLY my nose! I litterally cannot remember the last time that happened. BUT the biggest thing I have noticed and I really did not think it would happen this fast was the ability to laugh and not erupt in a caughing fit!!

TinaBaleena

Jun 3, 2013
Humble, TX
...I tend to vape too much at night so I have actually noticed a more difficult time sleeping. If I really paid more attention to the way I vape at night, I would probably be one happy camper. Sleep is very elusive for me. I have to really pay attention to the amount of stimulants I injest during the day in order to get a good night's sleep, If I vape until I get a headache at night, I won't be able to sleep for a while.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
OK now, lemme see........

1.) Tastebuds galore! I can taste everything again! Every kind of food is much more enjoyable.
2.) Less winded, less out of breath feeling
3.) Lower blood pressure. I don't feel my heart pounding like I did when going to bed after having a cigarette
4.) Improved sexual libido.....oooh la la!....:p
5.) No more breathing my own 1st hand AND 2nd hand smoke indoors and in the car
6.) Money savings or the reinvestment of funds I would have spent on cigarettes into vaping gear is great fun, offers a great sense of well-being.
7.) The search for great juices, just the right gear and supplies is also great fun and great motivation
8.) Tremendous sense of well-being, pride, satisfaction, relief and victory at having quit cigarettes after a LOOOOOOONG, STINKING, EXPENSIVE battle.
9.) Great sense of well-being at being able to play my wind instrument (trumpet) again, and better than ever, without sucking wind and feeling like I'll pass out......I'm gonna practice up, and goin on the road. YESSSSSSS! :D
10.) The overall vibe and sense of pride, relief and happiness from my extended family, who seem very happy for me.
11.) The sense of power and well-being gained from the feeling that, If I can conquer cigarettes, I can beat anything.

I could go on........the direct health benefits are great, but I think the indirect benefits are also unbelieveable. Not sure how to best describe it, but I am making a very conscious effort to remain aware of, and to tap into the very good, very positive overall vibes and feelings one gets from many people and places when you conquer cigarettes. Without TOO much melodrama, it's like being set free from a long period of imprisonment or something. I feel like my motivation and ambition for just about everything (you name it....) is through the roof, and I am determined to keep it going. I'm on a mission.

Last edited:

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Ditto all the above plus,

No freezing my tail off going outside to smoke.
No more burning my hair when trying to light up in the wind.
No more lighting up the wrong end in the dark.
No more oily film collection on the inside of my car window
No more ashtrays.
No more stained teeth.
No more burned spots on clothing or car seats.
No more burning up the money .... by ....
No more trying to "finish" a cig, ...couple puffs, and just drop it in my pocket.
No more cigarette butts in my pocket.
No more 'running out of cigs' or looking for a lighter or matches
No more being controlled or obligated to the tobacco industry.
No more doctor bills,
Just a start .... !

khaugust

Sep 3, 2013
Sarasota, Fl, USA
...I tend to vape too much at night so I have actually noticed a more difficult time sleeping. If I really paid more attention to the way I vape at night, I would probably be one happy camper. Sleep is very elusive for me. I have to really pay attention to the amount of stimulants I injest during the day in order to get a good night's sleep, If I vape until I get a headache at night, I won't be able to sleep for a while.

I am the same! I have had more difficulty sleeping but I vape heavily before bed. I need to stop that...but my breathing is so much better! I love that I can finally smell the soap on my skin after a shower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread