What in your opinion is the best ratio of pg/vg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Maryland
I have been struggling to find my correct PG/VG mix.

I have been using 30/70 and getting the tight/heavy chest. I figured the VG ratio was too much and so tonight I've been going with some 50/50 I had around. REALLY tight chest now so I'm thinking that the problem might be that I need to cut back even more on the PG.

Does this make sense?

I'm starting to get frustrated with this.

I'm not trying to sound like "Dr. Greenman" but have you tried 100% vg? You could have a sensitivity to the pg.

hollyd

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
What is better for fast? vG. Or PG.

Huh? Fast what? If you're talking about wicking... Thicker VG doesn't wick as well as PG.
I'm doing 70/30 ATM but just ordered some 60/40. Started out with 80/20 it's just a bit too thin for my liking. If you can... You might try ordering a few sample size of different ratio juices and just find what you like. ECBlend has cheap enough prices on their little 5ml bottles that you could try lots of different mixes.

Proud mom of an American soldier

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
100% VG (glycerine USP) is very thick, too thick to work in cartos or wick devices.

The 100% VG nicotine base I get from Xtreme Vaping is just as thick. I buy the nicotine base in high % nicotine concentration and thin it down with Glycerine USP to vaping level. Because this liquid is still nicotine plus 100% Glycerin USP it's still too viscous to use in my cartos, so I thin it some more with distilled water: 2% by volume.

Still my DIY e-liquid is pretty thick. The first 3 drops into a brand new carto just beads up and sits on top of the filler for 30 seconds or so. Then they soak in. The more saturated the carto gets the faster the liquid soaks in. By the time the carto is 50% saturated it fills pretty fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread