What Inhalation technique do you use - Just in the mouth, or lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
connecticut
Just in the mouth, although I wonder if some of the vapor still gets into my lungs. It was hard to switch to this when I first started vaping almost 2 years ago but now it quickly became my "new" habit. I figured I had done enough damage to my lungs and since the mouth and nose absorbs the vapor best I decided to switch to that method rather than continue trying to inhale it like a cig. A lot of people do like to draw the vapor into their lungs and it really comes down to what works best for you and how you enjoy vaping.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
The nicotine in vapor is smaller particles than in a cig. With a cig it's required to inhale into the lungs because the particles are bigger and can only be absorbed there. With vaping you don't have to inhale into the lungs if you don't want to. The particles are absorbed by your tongue, cheeks, nasal...the mucas membranes is what it is refereed as.

I do both types of methods...mostly because I was used to inhaling with a cig. Sometimes I only do mouth and nasal. The flavors seem a bit more enhanced/different when using that method as well.

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Been vaping for just over 20 days and vape how i smoked. Mouth then lungs. I find straight to lungs a little harsh.

You'll get used to it. I used to just inhale like a stinky but every now an again i'll lung inhale. It just takes getting used to the vape going directly into your lungs. Like when you first start stinkies, it's harsh at first but once your lungs get used to it you can smoke like a dragon

CaptainSpaulding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Sacramento
The nicotine in vapor is smaller particles than in a cig. With a cig it's required to inhale into the lungs because the particles are bigger and can only be absorbed there. With vaping you don't have to inhale into the lungs if you don't want to. The particles are absorbed by your tongue, cheeks, nasal...the mucas membranes is what it is refereed as.

I do both types of methods...mostly because I was used to inhaling with a cig. Sometimes I only do mouth and nasal. The flavors seem a bit more enhanced/different when using that method as well.

I think that you have the particle size backwards.

I've read several places that vapor particles are 10 times bigger than smoke particles... Including in the article the OP posted:

"4. E-Cigarette vapor is a water-based mist and not smoke. This has two main consequences:
a. The droplet size in vapor is ten times the particulate size in smoke (10 microns vs 1 micron). This means that cigarette smoke penetrates far more deeply into the lungs, travelling deep into the smallest passageways. Vapor cannot go anywhere near as deep, and this means that nicotine is not available so easily from the lungs, and is obtained more slowly."

StoneOver

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Welwyn, Herts UK
You'll get used to it. I used to just inhale like a stinky but every now an again i'll lung inhale. It just takes getting used to the vape going directly into your lungs. Like when you first start stinkies, it's harsh at first but once your lungs get used to it you can smoke like a dragon

Trying it now! I get what you mean about getting used it. Loving Vaping tho the temptation to smoke is still there but a nice vape soon kills it off!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
"Inhale" (if you can call it that even) just enough to exhale through my nose whether I exhale that way or not. In other words... very shallowly. Doubt it even gets into bronchial. I'm one of those who kept smoking while vaping for a while and found that I wound up smoking that way too and actually enjoyed it more than lung inhaling. Guess I am a natural pipe smoker though I've never smoked one.

Last edited:

oxidus

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Canada
I do mouth to lungs mainly. If it's super cold outside (Canada) then I'll do like double or triple hits. Mouth, then sharp inhale, then mouth, then inhale, then out the nose and or mouth. When I'm relaxed at home I do strictly mouth to lungs for the taste.

I've also found doing in mouth > in lungs > in mouth > out nose then out mouth can be an entertaining show for curious onlookers :p You can sort of blow out what's in your lungs without losing what's in your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread