What is going on with all these deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
Suddenly there is all this media backlash against vaping and I have friends and family urging me to quit. My teenage son is really concerned because of the people dying from vaping. I've been vaping for ten years. I've been making my own liquid for eight of those years.

Where is all of this coming from? Are all these deaths from THC vapers?

I've been out of the loop for a while because I found my vape and haven't really been much of an enthusiast since. I just go about my day and do my vape thing. Unaware of all the recent developments. So all of this just come out of the blue for me.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Not nicotine eliquid, and nothing to do with hardware, based on current information.

The black market drug cart suppliers started using something as a cutting/thickening compound, vitamin e acetate, which should not be used in anything people vape.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Suddenly there is all this media backlash against vaping and I have friends and family urging me to quit. My teenage son is really concerned because of the people dying from vaping. I've been vaping for ten years. I've been making my own liquid for eight of those years.

I've been out of the loop for a while because I found my vape and haven't really been much of an enthusiast since. I just go about my day and do my vape thing. Unaware of all the recent developments. So all of this just come out of the blue for me.

The Commonality that seems to becoming Apparent in those who have Died or gotten Sick is the use of a Electronic Device to "Vape" THC. Mostly THC that was purchased off the Street.

So the Spotlight is now on what people have used to "Cut" THC Oils with.

If you are a DIY-er of Nicotine e-Liquids, I believe that you have Little to Nothing to worry about.

I know these are Big Threads, but there is also an Evolving Record of much that has happened.

Fear-mongering in Milwaukee - 8 hospitalized

New York State Subpoenas Vit. E Acetate Labs

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada

Yes. The US Government and Media have done a great disservice to the public by lumping together nicotine vaping and black market e.weed vaping. The e.weed vapers learned the hard way that food-safe products do not necessarily remain so when heated and inhaled. Let your friends and family members know that nicotine products from licensed sources are not affected, and use this as an opportunity to reinforce to your son the lesson that taking News reports at face value is naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread