• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What is made in Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KansaiMike

Mar 26, 2014
I would like to use products made in Japan. So far I have only been able to find:

Panasonic KEEPPOWER 18650 3100mAh
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B00D75D458/

bamboo gauze by mamorinuno
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B00EE8CIYK/

Both of these are top quality. I'm looking for anything else made in Japan that I can use: vaporizers, organic wicks, ejuice, ato/cartomizers, pg, vg, tips, chargers, accessories, flavors, and even ester compounds.

I hope this can help us not have to pay shipping costs and avoid the loooooong wait times.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
I'm not sure if you want that battery, while it is probably good for a flashlight, it's still a protected Li-Ion battery. You want to stick with Li-Mn batteries. Sony and Panasonic do make LiMn batteries, but not sure where you are going to find them online. Check the links in the thread about Japanese vape shops to see if they carry them.

Batteries are the one thing you should never go cheap on.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
Both of those shops are in Japan. And the battery you listed may be a high quality item for a flashlight, it may not be safe for a mod (mechanical or otherwise). If you are looking to support local business and save on shipping, both of these vendors are in Japan. You will save on shipping, wait time and support local business.
And VaprSpot has Sony batteries that are better.

Vo0Do0

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Tokyo, JP

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
I hate to keep mentioning this but battery safety is important and I would hate to see somebody get hurt.

Batteries made by Japanese companies recommended by mod battery experts (see link below)

Panasonic
CGR18650CH (IMR/hybrid) 2250mAh 10A
NCR18650PF (LiNiCOMnO2) 2900mAh 10A
NCR18650PD (LiNiCoAl) 2900mAh 10A

Sanyo
UR18650EX 2000mAh 20A

Sony Hybrid
US18650v3 IMR 2250mAh 10A
US18650VTC3 1600mAh 30A
US18650VTC4 2100mAh 30A
US18650VTC5 2600mAh 30A

Protected ICR Li Ion. Lithium ion class batteries, also called "protected batteries".

These batteries use a built-in protective circuit because they contain volatile chemistry that can become unstable quickly when they are severely stressed. Circuit failure can lead to battery failure, venting violently with flame in an event called thermal runaway. These batteries have a higher capacity (mAh rating) than IMR batteries and have been used in single voltage applications in a mechanical mod with factory-built coils. Not recommended for regulated mods, RBAs, or use in a mechanical using a Kick.

As stated in the following posts here on ECF http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4848-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected.html

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
Thanks. It's pretty difficult to figure out which battery is considered safe when we hear of so many warnings. Wouldn't it be nice if all e-cigs had circuitry to detect batteries and then act accordingly--same with chargers.

This is probably a conversation for another thread but I couldn't help myself. Haha.

Yes, that would be nice. But it's a good thing we have a forum to help us. I sure don't want to be the first person to burn my hand or blow my face off because of an unforeseen error.

KansaiMike

Mar 26, 2014
@mbotemma
Do you know of a chart that shows common battery amperage compared to what we might use for coils in rebuildables? Like, if I like micro or nano coils at 1.2-1.7 ohms and I vape 2 hours per day, what kind of battery should I buy.

Haha. I know it probably doesn't exist, but it would be cool.

I'm gonna post this on the battery forum. Feel free to reply there.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
The link that a shared has a lot of info and there are several links within there that share a lot of information on batteries. I only listed that because there are several batteries which they recommend that are safer. There are also several videos and articles on line that reflect the same view on vaping safe batteries.
I am NOT a attery expert by any means, so I refer to battery experts when I'm looking.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread