What is my next step to lower coil resistance and protected mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinnman

Nov 23, 2013
Plattsburgh, NY USA
Hi vapor...I I have been vaping for years now and am an avid DIY'r. I own 2 Provaries and my starter-a Unique vv/vw which I barely use anymore. My atty's of choice are my kayfun's and Tayfun's. I normally wrap a 2 or a 2.2 ohm coil with a 4 to 4.3 setting on the Provaries. I have NO INTEREST in becoming a sub-ohmer or blowing vapor I WANT FLAVOR. Safety is paramount thats why I like my Provaries- no unregulated mods for me. I DON'T need a good50/ 100 WATT BOX MODS. With this basic info comes the questions lol:) Lets have fun. I want to buy a Provari P3 do to my history...but is the HANA V-3/30 watt better and as safe??-safety is paramount remember. Should I think about buying a 50 or 100 watt regulated mod?? Why have a 30 watt mod when my coil may be a 1-1.4 at 14 watts?? Do to my provaries I never went below a 1.8 wrap-why should I drop to a 1 or 1.4 wrap?? Will I get my BEST FLAVOR at a lower wrap/coil??? Where is a good choice to start for flavor on my coil wraps and power settings?? Is there a safer or better regulated mod other than Provari with quality??-I don't think so?? No bragging here fellow vapors---BUT---I want to buy the best first time (again) on this next step. I'll spend the $$ but I want to be armed with educated advice. VAPE-ON MY FRIENDS:2cool:

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Unless you plan on delving into RDA's/Drippers. Going past 30 watts is pointless IMO. I have yet to find a tank that can keep with juice flow past 20 watts. I'm not a big fan of the DNA mods specifically the Chana/knockoffs. I had to repair mine the first month I had it. I am partial to regulated box mods with dual 18650's in parallel. Longer battery life and they share the current drain. Two 35 amp batteries can handle 70 amps but I hope you don't do that as the wires would probably melt. LOL My big thing is safety. Things that are important if you want the most safety: Vents, Reverse Battery protection, if you go for 50 watts or higher at least 16 ga wire and a tried and true mod co/person. I would avoid DIY box mods unless you know them. I've seen some to some unsafe stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread