Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I saw on other forums that Penelope might have problems with thicker juices as an air bubble forms and cant escape due to its narrow size;if you get low vapor production with no gurgling,this might be it.

I think the cure was to make 2 slots somewhere with a dremel,but I didnt pay attention where exactly...thinner juice would be more advisable than frankensteining the thing though!

That was only with the Kir's Clear tube, it was 0.5mm smaller than the stainless steel at it's internal diameter. The stainless one should work fine, especially since I, personally, would never pay 130 dollars for something that I had to modify for it to work properly. No Dremel is ever touching Penelope. :p

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
You're building a collection. :)
So out of those which is your "go-to" and why? ... if you don't mind.

I'm thinking about getting something more analogue, and which would you recommend? If different from your "go-to", then why?

I missed this but, here's your answer.

Sort of depends on what you're willing to spend and what configuration you want. Of the bunch the Buzz Pro is definitely the best. It's also the most expensive. I don't have one but, the Infinity pro is the same thing but, in a smaller configuration. It uses a weird battery size though (14430). The VV Gripper is cheap and very powerful for the price but, it's not really analogue and I doubt it's long term durability. The madvapes VV box is the cheapest VV on the market. It's also one of the only ones that still uses a linear regulator. So, battery life isn't the best. I'd get the Smoketek varicool box first.

You want recommendations:

You want the best and don't mind paying for it. Go with the Buzz Pro or Infinity Pro.
You want cheap just to try, go with the Smoketek Varicool. This is a good performer but, it's not built to last.

Buzz Pros show up in the classies fairly often. You might keep an eye out there.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
I missed this but, here's your answer.

Sort of depends on what you're willing to spend and what configuration you want. Of the bunch the Buzz Pro is definitely the best. It's also the most expensive. I don't have one but, the Infinity pro is the same thing but, in a smaller configuration. It uses a weird battery size though (14430). The VV Gripper is cheap and very powerful for the price but, it's not really analogue and I doubt it's long term durability. The madvapes VV box is the cheapest VV on the market. It's also one of the only ones that still uses a linear regulator. So, battery life isn't the best. I'd get the Smoketek varicool box first.

You want recommendations:

You want the best and don't mind paying for it. Go with the Buzz Pro or Infinity Pro.
You want cheap just to try, go with the Smoketek Varicool. This is a good performer but, it's not built to last.

Buzz Pros show up in the classies fairly often. You might keep an eye out there.

Awesome, thanks! I really appreciate the detailed response. I'll look into those recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread