what is steeping your e liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the folks who prefer their juice fresh would do....?

Any "old timer" on here remembers when all juice came steeped. It steeped in the warehouse, on the slow boat from China, and then steeped in customs, going on to steep during domestic shipping, getting more steeped as it sat in domestic distribution locations before steeping at the vendor's storage before being mailed to the vaper. And that is Exactly why places that mixed up fresh juice and shipped it out quick became so popular.

There's still thousands of gallons of juice being mixed up in China. If pre-steeped juice is a requirement, just order from someone who carries it and you'll never be disappointed.

Thanks for the insight! I like the concept of fresh mixed juices and natural flavorings, etc. I was just thinking that if they steeped the liquid before shipping they wouldn't potentially lose return business from people that are new to the scene and don't realize the flavors may or may not take time to develop. Maybe a little direction from the manufacturer would be nice. Such as "To enjoy the flavor as intended, allow to sit in a cool dark area for 2 weeks before vaping." Or something to that effect.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Maybe a little direction from the manufacturer would be nice. Such as "To enjoy the flavor as intended, allow to sit in a cool dark area for 2 weeks before vaping." Or something to that effect.

Halo does that with their juices. They include a little card that tells you the flavor will change considerably after 24-48 hours of being opened, and gives you basic storage and steeping instructions.

halo-g6-cartomizers.jpg

It's the "Important Message" card. Comes with every order of juice.

Last edited:

Otherbarry92

Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
USA
I don't have experience with too many ejuices, but of the ones I've tried I haven't really noticed and change in flavor from letting my juices steep for even up to a month. I guess it all depends on the manufacturer. So far I've enjoyed Mountain Oak Vapors, MyVaporStore, Suicide Bunny, Avail, Hangsen, and Fancee Juice.

That being said I do sit juices aside sometimes to see if the flavor changes, it just hasn't for me yet.

Thanks Completely Average. I have yet to order from Halo but I have heard good things and plan on trying them soon. The first batch of fresh mixed juice I got was from Vapor Chef. When I first tried them the flavors seemed muted. I was experimenting with different pg/vg ratios and thought that was to blame. After a week or so I tried the flavors again and it was a dramatic improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread