• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What is steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MITRICH

May 25, 2011
NorCal
Steeping is "sitting" :)
Aka after you get your juice you let it sit for a while.
It will change flavor and sometimes color. Most juices improve/change for the best over time. Some turn to worse. It all depends on a particular juice.
Letting your new juice steep is especially a good idea if you ordered a "Oh so amazing everyone raves about juice" but you can not understand why? :) Just let it sit and try later on :)

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Steeping allows your flavors to sort of melt together and bind with the nicotine. If you don't like a juice right out of the box at first, sit in a cool, dark drawer or closet for a couple of weeks or more and then try it again. You'll be pleasantly surprised that the majority of the juices will change in flavor and will blossom into something really enjoyable.

Kencalise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
Steeping is "sitting" :)
Aka after you get your juice you let it sit for a while.
It will change flavor and sometimes color. Most juices improve/change for the best over time. Some turn to worse. It all depends on a particular juice.
Letting your new juice steep is especially a good idea if you ordered a "Oh so amazing everyone raves about juice" but you can not understand why? :) Just let it sit and try later on :)

Do I need to open the cap? Or just leave it like that?
Thanks!

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
This seems to be one of the hardest things about e cigs to get information on. Cap on or off, juice flavour type - sweet, tobaccoy, buttery - PG or VG. It almost makes sense to just ask the supplier what is recommended for steeping per the specific flavours bought from them.

It would be nice to get a full rundown on steeping though.

AllYourBase

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Alberta
I was told by one of the older members to leave the cap off for a few hours, then screw it on tight and put it in a cool, dark place for a week. He seemed to think that leaving the cap off for a few hours was pretty important. I don't know what his reasoning behind it was, but that's how I've always steeped, and my juices are always very tasty.

Illuminatu, can you post a link to where you got the info on oxidizing nicotine? You'd think that juice in any bottle that wasn't completely full would suffer the same fate, since the oxygen in the bottle gets replenished every time you drip.

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread