what is the best power for atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Well the.5 coils work best between 20 and 30 watts for me too. With the 1.0 coils I like 40 to 50 watts. The .3 coils can run 100 watts but the original Atlantis doesn't have enough airflow imo to handle it. The Atlantis 2 does that fine. But most importantly just vape it the way you like and don't worry what other people do. That's the best advice I can give

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
There is no ' best ' power setting for any given delivery device, it is a matter of individual preference.
Whatever tastes best to you is the right / best power setting.
Different pg/vg ratios, nicmg & flavorings will taste better at different power levels.
Dark & especially sweet flavors tend to gunk heads rapidly and taste off / odd / funky / burnt at higher power levels.

The ipv 2 mini uses the yihi sx330v2c chip which does not step down / down regulate / buck output voltage below 3.5v - 3.6ish volts.
When using a .5Ω coil no matter what the display shows you are vaping at a higher power than it reads.
3.6v / .5Ω = 25.92w
3.5v / .5Ω = 24.5w

When I use an Atlantis I vape it between 35 - 45w using clear 50/50 non sweet juice.

Reactions: vaper uk

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Elvis hit it right on the head. It's a balancing game between your device, wicking capability, resistance, power, juice, taste, and vapor production. Where that balancing point is depends on the individual. There are some ballpark starting points, which others have stated, but it sounds like you've already found your sweet spot... just don't worry too much about what wattage others are using. They are following their own preferences...

Reactions: vaper uk

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Thanks very much fellas and elvis that is spot on i never thought of it like that at all simple power equations running at 22w with a 60/40 vg/pg mix and its great thanks again

My point was your ipv mini2 can not down regulate / buck / reduce voltage output down to the 3.31 volts required to produce 22w using a .5Ω resistance until the battery voltage falls below 3.6v.
22w / .5Ω = 3.31v
Even if you set it to 10w it would still fire the .5Ω at 24ish w ~ 26ish w, no matter what the display shows.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread