• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What is the current battery situation at FT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Never mind. I found this in the support forum:

Trying to make a purchase and can't. What is up?: FastTech Forums

At this point there are so few countries they will ship batteries to there seems to be little point to even listing them on the site. The carrier restriction information in the FAQ is flat-out wrong and should be corrected.

Oh well - I can get them from another China site. (BTW: These aren't even for vaping.)

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
FT does sell internal batteries and ships to most all countries, unless your Customs won't permit it..External batteries are also available to some countries , mostly located in Eastern Europe..the recent ban of External batteries on passenger planes stopped their worldwide shipping availability..

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
FT does sell internal batteries and ships to most all countries, unless your Customs won't permit it..External batteries are also available to some countries , mostly located in Eastern Europe..the recent ban of External batteries on passenger planes stopped their worldwide shipping availability..

I recently bought a Mod from FT with a Built-In Battery. About the Only shipping option was via The Netherlands Post.

Here's a Hot Tip if you are going to have FT mail you something via The Netherlands Post to the USA. Include a Note on your order that you would like FT to put your Zip Code on the Shipping Label.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
EVERY order I have received in 3 years at FT using various different shippers, has ALWAYS had my correct FULL address including the zipcode..and U can see the package and shipping label which has a picture of it in your account at FT, when they send U the shipping email confirmation....so if yours didn't, then that's very unusual, and you could have contacted FT immediately before it was picked up, who could have notified the shipper to add it..and Singapore Post ships internal batteries to most every country in the world..

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
And yet - as of yesterday it still states in their shipping FAQ we have multiple shipping carrier options for batteries going to the USA. But we don't. Not one.

Internal batteries has 2 options to ship to the USA...external batteries currently has none due to the April 1st ban on all passenger planes, which clearly impacted the whole world..but external batteries can be bought in the USA at some online places for the same price as at FT, and with no shipping wait....

BTW, The FAQ's have been identified as needing to be updated, as some are not current, especially in the shipping methods area, and are scheduled to be updated...BUT the forums STICKY threads clearly identify which shippers can ship batteries (external and internal) and to which countries..and at checkout, if its prohibited by your chosen shipper to your country, then it provides you that information as well, and does show you the options of shippers that are available to you...

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
EVERY order I have received in 3 years at FT using various different shippers, has ALWAYS had my correct FULL address including the zipcode..and U can see the package and shipping label which has a picture of it in your account at FT, when they send U the shipping email confirmation....so if yours didn't, then that's very unusual, and you could have contacted FT immediately before it was picked up, who could have notified the shipper to add it..and Singapore Post ships internal batteries to most every country in the world..

I have done Dozens and Dozens of orders from FT via e-Packet USPS . And they all went off without a hitch.

But I have only done 1 Order where it went The Netherlands Post. And that order Didn't have a Zip Code on it. So maybe it is a Glitch in the Label Software. Or maybe someone Fat Fingered it while doing a Data Entry.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
FT now does ship external 18650 batteries etc to the US using UPS/Fedex shipping, but bits not free and a bit costly..and some other countries are getting EXTERNAL batteries shipped to them with Post NL shipping from other vendors..INTERNAL batteries are no problem from FT to most any country..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread