Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
This is not a new situation. It's been the case for a long time. I haven't been active on ECF lately, so I haven't really pursued it. When I post, there is no line feed. Although I use paragraphs in my composition, everything runs into a single, hard to read, run on single paragraph. When I post, I don't have formatting options available, like this, from another forum ...
Formatting.jpg
I entered that image with the
coding, there is no cute Image box, nor any other formatting shown on my posting window. Also, I am not allowed to embed videos, which is a pain in sub-forums such as the Music Game. About a week ago, I posted a question HERE regarding the ill functioning "My Posts" function. The post was removed, without explanation. Have I had my access/abilities restricted for some reason? I've tried three browsers and multiple reboots of my system. What gives? And, will this post be removed without explanation? If past is any clue, this post, if it is moderator approved, will appear as a single run-on paragraph. EDIT: Yep, no paragraphs, as I suspected. What's up with that mods? And my other inquiries? P.S., and clearly this should involve a line feed ... I am active on several other forums, the problem is NOT on my end.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
You could be posting I'm the wrong forum they contacting a moderator, J0ker or sionicdsl
I am translating your response to ...
You could be posting to the wrong forum. Try contacting a moderator
Sorry, but that's what this forum is for, "Site feedback".

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
NCC...the single line...there is another thread on it in here, I'll try to find it - I think it's an IE 10 issue I found a thread by you on My Posts from 8/2012 : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/site-feedback-help/322682-my-last-post-not-working.html but nothing more recent
I avoid IE like the plague. But, thanks for your effort. Additionally, "My Post" (and my last post) have a history of not working correctly. Alex (the coder) fixed it once, after my hounding. But the fix didn't last.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Your account looks fine. Have you tried clearing cache & cookies? That can foul things up sometimes.
Honestly, it's been so long since I've done so, I don't recall how to do it, seriously. (no need to explain, I'm capable) I will persue that. Although I kinda hate to lose some cookies. (line feed, i.e. paragraph) I'll report back either way. (line feed, i.e. paragraph) Odd that it isn't a problem on other forums I'm active on. (line feed, i.e. paragraph) Could that explain the lack of formatting tools on posting windows????

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
As I suspected, I didn't like the results. And worse, it didn't fix the problem. I posted in the sandbox to see if I could produce line feeds, nope. And, no formatting options in the posting window either. I'm active on several other forums. Lately, more active than I am on ECF. No similar problems there.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
This might be from left field, but have you checked: Settings>General Settings>Miscellaneous Options>Message Editor Interface?
You may be a wizard, in that I've never delved that deeply into the interface. But, I find there that I have selected Full WYSIWYG editing, which I have to assume is the default. I'm going to try the "Standard Editor". The question remains, why would this be necessary? I've been on ECF for years, this wasn't an issue previously. (line feed, paragraph) I'll report back.

EDIT: at least in the sandbox, I got paragraphs. That's an improvement. Still, no formatting keys though.

Post EDIT; paragraphs here too! Yeee Haw. Now, where are my formatting options? I'd like to BOLD Yeee Haw, dagnabitt.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
What happens if you insert tags directly? la la la [/ B] (without a space)

ETA: Do you see the same lack of options when you click "Go Advanced?"

In Post #1, I inserted the image of a formatting block by using
. and that worked.

I'm not seeing an advanced option.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
In Post #1, I inserted the image of a formatting block by using
. and that worked.

I'm not seeing an advanced option.

Sorry, I have the attention span of a guppy and already forgot your first post. The "Go Advanced" option should be in the lower right when you compose a message - in-between Post Quick Reply and Cancel.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Did you ever answer as to what browser this is a problem with? That would help.

Format icons are one of the last things that load on a page here. You may be having a problem with incomplete page loads. That would possibly be a network or network settings problem on your end of things.
I have addressed this with IE, Firefox and SeaMonkey. My connection is sometimes slow, even though it is cable. But, regardless, the result is consistant.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Sorry, I have the attention span of a guppy and already forgot your first post. The "Go Advanced" option should be in the lower right when you compose a message - in-between Post Quick Reply and Cancel.
Yes, it is there on the other forums I take part in. And was here previously on ECF.

Testing my new power to form paragraphs, LOL. I used to have these amazing abilities on ECF. They disappeared at least a year ago. As I've stated earlier in the thread, I haven't been very active here until recently and so haven't pursued a solution until now, even though I noticed it long ago.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Yes, it is there on the other forums I take part in. And was here previously on ECF.

Testing my new power to form paragraphs, LOL. I used to have these amazing abilities on ECF. They disappeared at least a year ago. As I've stated earlier in the thread, I haven't been very active here until recently and so haven't pursued a solution until now, even though I noticed it long ago.

On the bottom of the page (not when you are composing a post), what does it say in the box for "Posting Permissions?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread