What is the current state of play in the UK ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanonia

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
UK
extraview.dnsalias.com
With all the siezures in the USA / Canada, reports of Hong Kong stopping shipments etc etc.

What is the current state of play in the UK.... ?

I haven't noticed any decline in parts / liquid as of yet...

Can anyone confirm what is happening other than scare stories ?

Posted in this forum as so much conflicting info in the news section. Just after peoples views / experiences.

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
Unless I'm missing something, things here are pretty stable. A while ago Trading Standards created a scare over cartridges and liquids causing a danger to children, but some of our major suppliers addressed that sharply and all seems well!

I have heard of pubs (even one chain) banning their use, but that is their policy, not law.

As far as I know we are OK for now, but I truly wouldn't be surprised if some sh*t was stirred up following all this nonsense in the USA. Just being cautious though!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
My understanding is that the UK Trading Standards people are insisting on correct packaging and marketing. They tried to slot eliquid into The Poisons Act but nicotine levels aren't high enough (under 7% and we're clear - that would be 70mg per ml).

The authority that regulates medical devices and drugs has said that as long as no health claims are made it's not of interest to them. Fingers crossed they continue to show no interest.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
The dutch health-minister ordered that no advertizing would be allowed; and then took a plane to brussels to try to get the whole of europe to decide on regulation for e-smoking FOR the whole of europe. And it seems, afaik, that 'europe' (read: his minister-friends, never mind euro-parliament) accepted to put it on their agenda.

What this would mean is, that local governments won't even have much of a say, if at all, in what is to happen in their country as part of europe - and as we all know, democracy in european decisions is hardly existant, so it would probably be that just some ministers amongst themselves would be taking a decision and then handing that out as an edict to the whole of europe, with little to no recourse for euro-parliament or for the individual countries or peoples...

I hope for you as UK, that your minister will tell the rest of them to get lost - that UK wants to except itself from european rules, as it so often has done...
So it could be that just the one man going to europe is the one that needs all the pressure and education from the UK-vapers...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread