What is up with IkenVape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithinkbutn2m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
Illinois
Finally got a HV mod and recently ordered a couple new batteries so I can go up to 6v with my SB. I normally stick with Cisco LR306 atomizers at 3.7v but I would like to have the option of trying my juice at higher voltages in case they taste a little better that way.

After doing plenty of research, I have come to the conclusion that IKV is the way to go when it comes to HV atomizers. The only thing I have been able to use on my new GLV2 5v mod is my Dual Coil Cartomizers :/. I want to drip at HV though!

So I went on their site, but it says they are out of town. It also says they will return 6/16/11? Isn't is past 6/16/11? I just want to know what is going on and when I will be able to place an order.

Also, what ohm ratings are good for 306/510 atomizers at 5v and 6v? I am assuming the 6v will need a higher ohm but can anyone make any suggestions as to which route I should take for both the 5v and the 6v mod?

Thank you!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Finally got a HV mod and recently ordered a couple new batteries so I can go up to 6v with my SB. I normally stick with Cisco LR306 atomizers at 3.7v but I would like to have the option of trying my juice at higher voltages in case they taste a little better that way.

After doing plenty of research, I have come to the conclusion that IKV is the way to go when it comes to HV atomizers. The only thing I have been able to use on my new GLV2 5v mod is my Dual Coil Cartomizers :/. I want to drip at HV though!

So I went on their site, but it says they are out of town. It also says they will return 6/16/11? Isn't is past 6/16/11? I just want to know what is going on and when I will be able to place an order.

Also, what ohm ratings are good for 306/510 atomizers at 5v and 6v? I am assuming the 6v will need a higher ohm but can anyone make any suggestions as to which route I should take for both the 5v and the 6v mod?

Thank you!

2.5 for 5V 3.5 for 6V

Greeny

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2011
Richmond, VA

Once you try IKV HV atties, you'll find they're very smooth and flavorful even throughout the 5v and 6v range...nor do they run as hot at high-volt as Cisco's LR.357, LR 306, and LR 510 at 1.5ohm on a 3.7v set up (partly because Cisco LR atties also tend to drop to 1.4 or 1.3 ohms after break-in).

For instance, the IKV 510 HV 3.5ohm (for 6v) runs a little less hot and smoother than the Cisco 510 LR 1.5ohm, and draws as easily (and much quieter) than the Cisco 306 LR 1.5ohm, yet bellows out about as much vapor as the Cisco HH.357 LR 1.5ohm while being much more forgiving and without being a juice hawg (ie: it's very efficient for a 510 HV).

For performance on a 6v set up, both the IKV 510 HV 3.5ohm Atty and the IKV i06 HV 3.5ohm Atty are tops. For a 5v set up, pick your prefered atties at 2.5ohms. However, since you like the Cisco LR 306 (as do I), you'll soon realize that you were already closer to a 6v experience (with Cisco's LR Atties) than you were with 5v. This is because the experience between Cisco LR/1.5ohm Atties on a 3.7v set up and IKV HV/3.5ohm Atties on a 6v set up, are actually fairly comperable. Since Cisco LR Atties drop to 1.4 or 1.3ohms after break-in (my Cisco LR 306 meters at 1.2ohms) this already put you in the upper 9-10watt range similar to a 6v vaping experience at 3.5ohms.

5v is becoming less popular 'cause 6v is the new "sweet spot".
ie: imsho, of course :D

Iken is switching over servers at the moment. What you're seeing on the IkenVape site is a "maintenance page" with no active links (albeit an outdated one) which must however be there for the IkenVape site to maintain a presence while all the html files & databases are safely moved, re-saved, and updated on a more capable & secure server. I used to run/maintain my own site, and it's a lot of tedious work especially when such a transition involves large file transfers within newer file protocols on another server.

Thank you!

For a 6v set up ... IKV HV 3.5ohm, especially IKV 510, i06, and 306 atties
For a 5v set up ... IKV HV 2.5ohm, such as IKV reg/SR atties & cartos, dual-coils,
etc, plus reg/SR cartos & atties that you already have in the ~2.5-3.0 ohm range

First and foremost however, as soon as Ike's site is settled onto the new server,
grab yourself some IKV HV 510 & i06 3.5ohm Atties for your new 6v set up.

Hope this helps,
Greeny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread